|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
(b) He found Grandma's treasure.
(c) He is on the run from the law.
(d) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
2. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
(a) So as not to rouse Grandma.
(b) She does not want to wake the boys.
(c) She is practicing being light on her feet.
(d) She is robbing the people living in the apartment.
3. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
(a) When they see Louie's gun inside his jacket.
(b) When Grandma puts fear in everyone, including the adults.
(c) When the pet rat learns new tricks.
(d) When Johnny brings them popcorn and candy.
4. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
(a) He does not like Uncle Louie.
(b) He worries about their father.
(c) He is going to ask Louie if he can go with him tonight.
(d) He thinks Arty should go with Uncle Louie.
5. What is the setting of the play?
(a) 1942 Yonkers, New York.
(b) 1942, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(c) 1842, Yonkers, New York.
(d) 1842, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is clear about Eddie?
2. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
3. Why does Grandma have no need for the money from Louie?
4. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
5. According to Grandma, what do nothing but create unrealistic dreams?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)