|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
2. Where does May Wong attend college?
3. Which of these is a song Karin and Mark sing to Kelly in the hotel room?
4. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
5. What phrase does Chinese professor Huang Banghan use to describe his hopes for adopted Chinese girls' journeys through the questions of their origins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of the comparison that Karin makes between her baby's footprint and the place of her birth?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of the baiji. What are they? How is their story connected to those of abandoned Chinese baby girls?
Essay Topic 3
What are the circumstances that have led to the wide disparity between the number of girls and boys in Chinese orphanages? Be sure to include both ancient influences and current conditions.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)