|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
2. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
3. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
4. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
5. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the journey Karin and Mark took to become parents, officially, physically, and emotionally.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of this quote by Confucius: "People's original natures are nearly the same. But due to different educations and environments, they grow further and further apart." What does he mean? Is this statement supported or refuted by the author?
Essay Topic 3
What is the controversy over the condition of orphanages in China? Please give evidence to support your answer.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)