|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
2. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
3. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
4. What is the title of Human Rights Watch/Asia's 1996 documentary?
5. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is adoption today different from adoption in the mid-twentieth century? What have today's adoptive parents learned from those now-grown adopted children?
Essay Topic 2
Please discuss at least two issues that are brewing in China at least in part due to the one-child policy and all of the lost daughters.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the quote,"How sad to be a woman! Nothing on earth is held so cheap" (poet Fu Hsuan). What does this mean? What connection does it have with the current state of affairs in China? Is it an accurate statement? Why or why not?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)