|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
2. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
3. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
4. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
5. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of this quote by Confucius: "People's original natures are nearly the same. But due to different educations and environments, they grow further and further apart." What does he mean? Is this statement supported or refuted by the author?
Essay Topic 2
What is the controversy over the condition of orphanages in China? Please give evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is ironic about the packing that Karin and Mark do for their trip to China? Why? How does she feel about it?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)