|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
2. What religious sect always deliberately puts a flaw in their quilts?
3. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
4. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
5. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the quote,"How sad to be a woman! Nothing on earth is held so cheap" (poet Fu Hsuan). What does this mean? What connection does it have with the current state of affairs in China? Is it an accurate statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Please discuss at least two issues that are brewing in China at least in part due to the one-child policy and all of the lost daughters.
Essay Topic 3
What is ironic about the packing that Karin and Mark do for their trip to China? Why? How does she feel about it?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)