|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
2. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
3. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
4. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
5. Which of these things is ranked as least important in a national survey of parents of adopted Chinese children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of the baiji. What are they? How is their story connected to those of abandoned Chinese baby girls?
Essay Topic 2
What is the message Karin draws from a needle she found stuck in her quilt? Why is it especially meaningful to her at the time?
Essay Topic 3
How is adoption today different from adoption in the mid-twentieth century? What have today's adoptive parents learned from those now-grown adopted children?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)