|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
2. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
3. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
4. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
5. Who writes that "A child's chromosomes are an irretrievably scrambled mishmash of its grandparents' chromosomes and so on..."?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the message Karin draws from a needle she found stuck in her quilt? Why is it especially meaningful to her at the time?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of the baiji. What are they? How is their story connected to those of abandoned Chinese baby girls?
Essay Topic 3
The state of adoption in China, including which children are adopted, is influenced by many factors. Please name at least three and explain why and how they are influences.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)