Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
2. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
3. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
4. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
Essay Topic 1
How does the Chinese story "The Lost Mare" relate to Karin and Mark's adoption process? What other "signs" does Karin see as being related to her situation?
Essay Topic 2
What is the story of the red thread and its significance to Chinese adoptees? How does Evans use this story in her own?
Essay Topic 3
What is the message Karin draws from a needle she found stuck in her quilt? Why is it especially meaningful to her at the time?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)