|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major news magazine runs a cover story on genealogy in 1999?
2. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
3. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
4. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
5. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story of the red thread and its significance to Chinese adoptees? How does Evans use this story in her own?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of the comparison that Karin makes between her baby's footprint and the place of her birth?
Essay Topic 3
What is ironic about the packing that Karin and Mark do for their trip to China? Why? How does she feel about it?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)