|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious sect always deliberately puts a flaw in their quilts?
2. Jenny Bowen remembers a little girl left behind who is very proud of what possession?
3. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
4. What does Kelly dress up as for her second Halloween?
5. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is ironic about the packing that Karin and Mark do for their trip to China? Why? How does she feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
What is the controversy over the condition of orphanages in China? Please give evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the significance of the baiji. What are they? How is their story connected to those of abandoned Chinese baby girls?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)