|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a song Karin and Mark sing to Kelly in the hotel room?
2. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
3. What fact does Evans mention about adopting children over the age of ten?
4. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe China's "one-child policy." Why does it start? Is that an accurate name? How is it enforced?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the effects of poverty on China's women and girls and why it is germane to the discussion of adoption.
Essay Topic 3
What is the story of the red thread and its significance to Chinese adoptees? How does Evans use this story in her own?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)