|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
2. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
3. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
4. For whom does Karin's group of adoptive families have a potluck dinner?
5. Which of these is NOT part of the new playground built at the orphanage where Kelly lived?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the journey Karin and Mark took to become parents, officially, physically, and emotionally.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the quote,"How sad to be a woman! Nothing on earth is held so cheap" (poet Fu Hsuan). What does this mean? What connection does it have with the current state of affairs in China? Is it an accurate statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the effects of poverty on China's women and girls and why it is germane to the discussion of adoption.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)