Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
2. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
3. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
4. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of this quote by Confucius: "People's original natures are nearly the same. But due to different educations and environments, they grow further and further apart." What does he mean? Is this statement supported or refuted by the author?
Essay Topic 2
How is adoption today different from adoption in the mid-twentieth century? What have today's adoptive parents learned from those now-grown adopted children?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Chinese and American culture as seen by a Chinese-American visiting China. Do you think Evans believes one is better than the other? Why or why not?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)