|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
2. What organization does adoptive mother Jenny Bowen found?
3. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
4. What Chinese festival is held in October?
5. What phrase does Chinese professor Huang Banghan use to describe his hopes for adopted Chinese girls' journeys through the questions of their origins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the circumstances that have led to the wide disparity between the number of girls and boys in Chinese orphanages? Be sure to include both ancient influences and current conditions.
Essay Topic 2
Please discuss at least two issues that are brewing in China at least in part due to the one-child policy and all of the lost daughters.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the quote,"How sad to be a woman! Nothing on earth is held so cheap" (poet Fu Hsuan). What does this mean? What connection does it have with the current state of affairs in China? Is it an accurate statement? Why or why not?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)