|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kelly dress up as for her second Halloween?
2. With what does Kelly seem particularly fascinated?
3. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
4. What common remark about adopted children from China is particularly frustrating to their parents?
5. What Chinese festival is held in October?
Essay Topic 1
Please discuss at least two issues that are brewing in China at least in part due to the one-child policy and all of the lost daughters.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the journey Karin and Mark took to become parents, officially, physically, and emotionally.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of this quote by Confucius: "People's original natures are nearly the same. But due to different educations and environments, they grow further and further apart." What does he mean? Is this statement supported or refuted by the author?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)