|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
2. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
3. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
4. What religious sect always deliberately puts a flaw in their quilts?
5. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the controversy over the condition of orphanages in China? Please give evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is adoption today different from adoption in the mid-twentieth century? What have today's adoptive parents learned from those now-grown adopted children?
Essay Topic 3
What is the story of the red thread and its significance to Chinese adoptees? How does Evans use this story in her own?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)