Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
2. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
3. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
4. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
What is the controversy over the condition of orphanages in China? Please give evidence to support your answer.
Please discuss at least two issues that are brewing in China at least in part due to the one-child policy and all of the lost daughters.
What is ironic about the packing that Karin and Mark do for their trip to China? Why? How does she feel about it?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)