|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
2. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
3. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
4. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
Essay Topic 1
Describe China's "one-child policy." Why does it start? Is that an accurate name? How is it enforced?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the group Families with Children from China so important? What do they do? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the controversy over the condition of orphanages in China? Please give evidence to support your answer.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)