|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
2. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
3. How many generations are in the genealogy May Wong sees?
4. What does Kelly dress up as for her second Halloween?
5. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please discuss at least two issues that are brewing in China at least in part due to the one-child policy and all of the lost daughters.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Chinese story "The Lost Mare" relate to Karin and Mark's adoption process? What other "signs" does Karin see as being related to her situation?
Essay Topic 3
What are the issues surrounding adoptive children? What are the issues particular to cross-cultural adoption? How can they be addressed?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)