Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
2. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
3. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
4. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of the comparison that Karin makes between her baby's footprint and the place of her birth?
Essay Topic 2
What is ironic about the packing that Karin and Mark do for their trip to China? Why? How does she feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
What is the story of the red thread and its significance to Chinese adoptees? How does Evans use this story in her own?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)