Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
2. What is a "hukou"?
3. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
4. Who is Mei Li?
5. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Karin and Mark feel about the rest of their group?
2. What does May Wong see as the biggest difference between Chinese and American cultures?
3. Describe the official paperwork Chinese babies who are adopted receive from the Chinese government.
4. Describe the two-tier system of adoption Karin mentions.
5. What is the story that Karin has imagined about Kelly's birth mother?
6. What is Kelly's reaction to the film "Stuart Little"?
7. What are some of the recommendations on packing for China that Karin and Mark choose not to use?
8. What negative predictions accompany a forecast of a 20% shortage of marriageable young women?
9. What kind of information is given to prospective parents after they are matched with a Chinese baby?
10. How do Karin and Mark deliberately expose Kelly to her heritage?
The state of adoption in China, including which children are adopted, is influenced by many factors. Please name at least three and explain why and how they are influences.
Describe the journey Karin and Mark took to become parents, officially, physically, and emotionally.
Why is the group Families with Children from China so important? What do they do? Why?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)