|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
2. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
3. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
(d) The Czech Republic.
4. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
(a) "Link your hearts to orphans' hearts."
(b) "Help orphans in every way."
(c) "Adopt an orphan!"
(d) "Let kind-hearted people give orphans a big hug."
5. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
2. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
3. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
4. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
5. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)