|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
(a) "My Home Town."
(b) "The Way Back."
(c) "My Own Story."
(d) "Where Did I Come From?"
2. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "USA Today."
(b) "The Boston Globe."
(c) "The New York Times."
(d) "The Washington Post."
3. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
(c) "Atlantic Monthly."
(d) "Better Homes and Gardens."
4. What organization does adoptive mother Jenny Bowen found?
(a) The Amity Foundation.
(b) Half the Sky Foundation.
(c) The Bowen Foundation.
(d) Welcome House.
5. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
(a) Kristi Yamaguchi.
(b) Michelle Wie.
(c) Michelle Kwan.
(d) Apollo Ono.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
2. Who is "Da Niao"?
3. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
4. Which of these is a song Karin and Mark sing to Kelly in the hotel room?
5. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)