|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
(a) Just the Two of Us.
(b) Families with Children from China.
(c) Helping Hands.
(d) Our Chinese Daughters Foundation.
2. What is the title of Human Rights Watch/Asia's 1996 documentary?
(a) "The Dying Rooms."
(b) "Death by Numbers."
(c) "The State of Chinese Orphanages."
(d) "Death by Default."
3. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
4. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
5. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
(a) The market where Kelly was found.
(b) The farmer who found her.
(c) A village near Jiangmen.
(d) The apartments surrounding the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
2. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
3. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
4. Who is "Da Niao"?
5. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)