|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
(a) To bring honor to the family.
(b) To increase joy in life.
(c) To provide grandchildren.
(d) To provide for our old age.
2. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
3. What is the literal translation of "shaying tang"?
(a) "State-run orphanage."
(b) "Hospital for children."
(c) "Home for Little Ones."
(d) "Hospice for killing infants."
4. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her sons.
(d) Her husband.
5. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "The Boston Globe."
(b) "USA Today."
(c) "The Washington Post."
(d) "The New York Times."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
2. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
3. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
4. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
5. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)