|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
(a) "Sleep Tight."
(b) "Good Fortune."
(c) "China's Orphanages."
(d) "China's Lost Daughters."
2. What Chinese festival is held in October?
(a) Festival of the Autumn Moon.
(b) Festival of the Dragon.
(c) Silkworm Festival.
(d) Harvest Festival.
3. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
(a) A Chinese filmmaker.
(b) A Chinese physician.
(c) A Chinese government official.
(d) A Chinese orphanage caretaker.
4. What does Kelly dress up as for her second Halloween?
(a) A witch.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A flower.
(d) A princess.
5. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Pearl S. Buck.
(d) Harper Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Human Rights Watch/Asia's 1996 documentary?
2. For whom does Karin's group of adoptive families have a potluck dinner?
3. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
4. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
5. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)