|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
(a) "No Place Like Home."
(b) "My Hometown."
(c) "Tracing Your Family Tree."
(d) "In Search of Roots."
2. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
(a) "Happy Home."
(b) "Blessed Children."
(c) "Brilliant Star."
(d) "Radiant Light."
3. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Harper Lee.
(c) Pearl S. Buck.
(d) John Steinbeck.
4. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "USA Today."
(b) "The New York Times."
(c) "The Washington Post."
(d) "The Boston Globe."
5. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
(d) The Czech Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
2. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
3. Who is "Da Niao"?
4. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
5. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)