|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
(a) "The baby."
(b) "Miss Kelly."
(c) "La Chinita."
2. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
(a) Ellis Island.
(c) Ryker's Island.
(d) Angel Island.
3. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Joined Hands.
(b) Adoption International.
(c) Welcome House.
(d) One World.
4. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
(c) "Atlantic Monthly."
(d) "Better Homes and Gardens."
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
(a) In the orphanage.
(b) In her kitchen.
(c) On the plane.
(d) On a beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
2. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
3. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
4. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
5. What phrase does Chinese professor Huang Banghan use to describe his hopes for adopted Chinese girls' journeys through the questions of their origins?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)