|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term psychiatrists have given to the feeling of children who have no way to trace their biological history?
(a) Genealogical bewilderment.
(b) Genetic anxiety.
(c) Genetic confusion.
(d) Genealogical depression.
2. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
(b) Flying Geese.
(c) Log Cabin.
(d) Wedding Ring.
3. What major news magazine runs a cover story on genealogy in 1999?
(a) "U.S. News & World Report."
(c) The "New York Times" magazine.
4. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
5. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
(a) Ellis Island.
(c) Ryker's Island.
(d) Angel Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
2. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
3. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
4. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
5. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)