|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes that "A child's chromosomes are an irretrievably scrambled mishmash of its grandparents' chromosomes and so on..."?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Alex Haley.
(c) Jill Ker Conway.
(d) Kahlil Gibran.
2. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
3. Who is "Da Niao"?
(a) Dora the Explorer.
(b) Hannah Montana.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Big Bird.
4. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
(a) "One Wonderful Sunday."
(c) "The Idiot."
(d) "Seven Samurai."
5. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
2. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
3. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
4. What is the term psychiatrists have given to the feeling of children who have no way to trace their biological history?
5. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)