|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
(a) Golden Lilies Temple.
(b) Mulberry Tree Temple.
(c) Three Goats Temple.
(d) Banyan Tree Temple.
2. Where does May Wong attend college?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) University of Notre Dame.
(c) University of California at Berkeley.
(d) Stanford University.
3. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
(a) "Link your hearts to orphans' hearts."
(b) "Help orphans in every way."
(c) "Adopt an orphan!"
(d) "Let kind-hearted people give orphans a big hug."
4. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
(a) "Brilliant Star."
(b) "Radiant Light."
(c) "Blessed Children."
(d) "Happy Home."
5. What Chinese festival is held in October?
(a) Silkworm Festival.
(b) Festival of the Autumn Moon.
(c) Harvest Festival.
(d) Festival of the Dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
2. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
3. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
4. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
5. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)