|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "jook"?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Baby food.
2. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
(a) Magnetic force.
(d) An invisible red string.
3. What phrase does Chinese professor Huang Banghan use to describe his hopes for adopted Chinese girls' journeys through the questions of their origins?
(b) "Smooth sailing."
(c) "Soft landing."
(d) "Safe passage."
4. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
5. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Karin's group of adoptive families have a potluck dinner?
2. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
3. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
4. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
5. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)