|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
(a) Families with Children from China.
(b) Just the Two of Us.
(c) Helping Hands.
(d) Our Chinese Daughters Foundation.
2. Where does May Wong grow up?
(c) Northern California.
(d) New York City.
3. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
4. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
(a) "The baby."
(b) "Miss Kelly."
(d) "La Chinita."
5. What event are the Evanses attending where all the children are dressed as tigers?
(a) "Between the Two New Years."
(b) Dragon-Boat Festival.
(c) A child's jungle-themed birthday party.
(d) A Halloween party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
2. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
3. Which of these things is NOT an identifying characteristic of Americans mentioned by May Wong?
4. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
5. Jenny Bowen remembers a little girl left behind who is very proud of what possession?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)