|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) Pearl S. Buck.
2. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
3. What phrase does Chinese professor Huang Banghan use to describe his hopes for adopted Chinese girls' journeys through the questions of their origins?
(a) "Smooth sailing."
(c) "Soft landing."
(d) "Safe passage."
4. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
5. What religious sect always deliberately puts a flaw in their quilts?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does May Wong attend college?
2. What is the term psychiatrists have given to the feeling of children who have no way to trace their biological history?
3. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
4. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
5. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)