|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
2. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
(a) "The Good Earth," Pearl S. Buck.
(b) "Oliver Twist," Charles Dickens.
(c) "Memoirs of a Geisha," Arthur Golden.
(d) "The Pearl," John Steinbeck.
3. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "Little Rascals."
(b) "Leave It to Beaver."
(c) "The Brady Bunch."
(d) "The Partridge Family."
4. What is a natural ratio of boys to girls at birth?
5. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
2. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
3. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
4. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
5. What is a "hutang"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the families have to do on Shamian Island?
2. How does poverty affect children?
3. What is Harry Wu's objection to the Chinese adoption system?
4. Describe the experience Mark and Karin had at the local dog pound.
5. What is Kelly's reaction to the film "Stuart Little"?
6. What unintended consequence could China's single-child policy have as the first generation of only children grows up?
7. Why does professor Huang Banghan want to write a book about Chinese-U.S. adoption for Chinese readers?
8. How do Karin and her daughter spend their first afternoon together?
9. What are some of the recommendations on packing for China that Karin and Mark choose not to use?
10. What is SOS Kinderdorf International?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)