|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term psychiatrists have given to the feeling of children who have no way to trace their biological history?
(a) Genealogical depression.
(b) Genetic confusion.
(c) Genetic anxiety.
(d) Genealogical bewilderment.
2. For whom does Karin's group of adoptive families have a potluck dinner?
(a) Jenny Bowen.
(b) Amy Tan.
(c) May Wong.
3. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
(a) Hard Rock Cafe.
(b) House of Blues.
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
4. What common remark about adopted children from China is particularly frustrating to their parents?
(a) That they aren't their parents "real" children.
(b) That they are lucky to have been rescued.
(c) That they don't look like their parents.
(d) That they all look the same.
5. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
(a) A book.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A doll.
(d) A rose.
6. What Chinese festival is held in October?
(a) Festival of the Dragon.
(b) Harvest Festival.
(c) Festival of the Autumn Moon.
(d) Silkworm Festival.
7. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
(a) "Radiant Light."
(b) "Blessed Children."
(c) "Brilliant Star."
(d) "Happy Home."
8. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
9. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "The New York Times."
(b) "The Washington Post."
(c) "The Boston Globe."
(d) "USA Today."
10. Who is Max?
(a) An official at the Consulate.
(b) The adoption group's U.S.-China facilitator.
(c) The adoption group's bus driver.
(d) One of the other adoptive parents.
11. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
(a) "My Hometown."
(b) "In Search of Roots."
(c) "No Place Like Home."
(d) "Tracing Your Family Tree."
12. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
(a) Families with Children from China.
(b) Just the Two of Us.
(c) Helping Hands.
(d) Our Chinese Daughters Foundation.
13. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
(c) Shag carpet.
14. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
(a) "Seven Samurai."
(c) "One Wonderful Sunday."
(d) "The Idiot."
15. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
(a) Day of Forgiveness.
(b) Day of Remembrance.
(c) Day of Reunion.
(d) Day of Reckoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
2. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
3. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
4. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
5. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)