|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A duck.
(c) A cat.
(d) A cow.
2. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
(a) "Seven Samurai."
(c) "The Idiot."
(d) "One Wonderful Sunday."
3. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
(a) "Around the Mulberry Tree."
(b) "The Little Swallow."
(c) "The Crane Song."
(d) "100 Grains of Rice."
4. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
(a) Adopted from China.
(b) Families with Children from China.
(c) Helping Hands.
(d) Chinese Daughters.
5. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
6. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
7. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
(b) "Better Homes and Gardens."
(c) "Atlantic Monthly."
8. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) The post office.
(c) The airport.
(d) The grocery store.
9. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
(b) "West Side Story."
10. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
11. What is "jook"?
(c) Rice pudding.
(d) Baby food.
12. What major news magazine runs a cover story on genealogy in 1999?
(a) "U.S. News & World Report."
(b) The "New York Times" magazine.
13. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
14. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
(a) Ostrich meat.
(b) Cow tongue.
(c) Lily greens.
(d) Snake meat.
15. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
(a) Just the Two of Us.
(b) Our Chinese Daughters Foundation.
(c) Helping Hands.
(d) Families with Children from China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
2. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
3. For whom does Karin's group of adoptive families have a potluck dinner?
4. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
5. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)