|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is a song Karin and Mark sing to Kelly in the hotel room?
(a) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
(b) "Bye Bye Blackbird."
(c) "Home on the Range."
(d) "Itsy-Bitsy Spider."
2. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
3. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
(a) Three Goats Temple.
(b) Mulberry Tree Temple.
(c) Banyan Tree Temple.
(d) Golden Lilies Temple.
4. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
(a) A cow.
(b) A duck.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A cat.
5. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
(b) The sea.
(c) The sky.
6. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Harper Lee.
(b) Pearl S. Buck.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
7. What phrase does Chinese professor Huang Banghan use to describe his hopes for adopted Chinese girls' journeys through the questions of their origins?
(a) "Safe passage."
(c) "Smooth sailing."
(d) "Soft landing."
8. With what does Kelly seem particularly fascinated?
(b) The television.
(c) Traffic lights.
9. What is "jook"?
(c) Rice pudding.
(d) Baby food.
10. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
11. What is Kelly's favorite children's recording?
(a) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
(b) "Twinkle,Twinkle, Little Star."
(c) "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep."
(d) "Use Your Napkin(Not Your Mom!)."
12. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
13. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
(a) Hard Rock Cafe.
(b) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(d) House of Blues.
14. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) One World.
(b) Joined Hands.
(c) Adoption International.
(d) Welcome House.
15. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her sons.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious sect always deliberately puts a flaw in their quilts?
2. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
3. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
4. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
5. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)