|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
(c) "West Side Story."
2. What common remark about adopted children from China is particularly frustrating to their parents?
(a) That they all look the same.
(b) That they don't look like their parents.
(c) That they are lucky to have been rescued.
(d) That they aren't their parents "real" children.
3. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
(a) A village near Jiangmen.
(b) The farmer who found her.
(c) The apartments surrounding the market.
(d) The market where Kelly was found.
4. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
(a) The airport.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The post office.
5. Where does May Wong attend college?
(a) University of California at Berkeley.
(b) University of Notre Dame.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Harvard University.
6. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
(a) An Oscar.
(b) A Peabody.
(c) An Emmy.
(d) A Nobel.
7. What does Kelly dress up as for her second Halloween?
(a) A flower.
(b) A witch.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A princess.
8. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
(a) "China's Lost Daughters."
(b) "China's Orphanages."
(c) "Sleep Tight."
(d) "Good Fortune."
9. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "USA Today."
(b) "The Washington Post."
(c) "The Boston Globe."
(d) "The New York Times."
10. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
(a) "La Chinita."
(c) "The baby."
(d) "Miss Kelly."
11. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
(a) Ellis Island.
(b) Angel Island.
(d) Ryker's Island.
12. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
(a) Our Chinese Daughters Foundation.
(b) Just the Two of Us.
(c) Helping Hands.
(d) Families with Children from China.
13. Who is "Da Niao"?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Dora the Explorer.
(c) Big Bird.
(d) Hannah Montana.
14. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
15. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
(a) Richard Tessler.
(b) Huang Banghan.
(c) Kay Johnson.
(d) Wang Liyao.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
2. What fact does Evans mention about adopting children over the age of ten?
3. What is the term psychiatrists have given to the feeling of children who have no way to trace their biological history?
4. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
5. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)