|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact does Evans mention about adopting children over the age of ten?
(a) They are only adopted within China.
(b) They are always placed in pairs.
(c) They cannot be adopted at all.
(d) They must agree to the adoption.
2. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Adoption International.
(b) Joined Hands.
(c) Welcome House.
(d) One World.
3. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Pearl S. Buck.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
4. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
(a) "Around the Mulberry Tree."
(b) "The Little Swallow."
(c) "100 Grains of Rice."
(d) "The Crane Song."
5. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
(a) "Sleep Tight."
(b) "China's Lost Daughters."
(c) "Good Fortune."
(d) "China's Orphanages."
6. Jenny Bowen remembers a little girl left behind who is very proud of what possession?
(a) A locket.
(b) String bracelets.
(c) A doll.
(d) A book.
7. Which of these things is NOT an identifying characteristic of Americans mentioned by May Wong?
(b) Personal carriage.
8. What Native American tribe always deliberately weaves an imperfection into their rugs?
9. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
(a) Richard Tessler.
(b) Wang Liyao.
(c) Kay Johnson.
(d) Huang Banghan.
10. What is Kelly's favorite children's recording?
(a) "Use Your Napkin(Not Your Mom!)."
(b) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
(c) "Twinkle,Twinkle, Little Star."
(d) "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep."
11. Which of these is a song Karin and Mark sing to Kelly in the hotel room?
(a) "Itsy-Bitsy Spider."
(b) "Home on the Range."
(c) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
(d) "Bye Bye Blackbird."
12. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
13. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "The Washington Post."
(b) "The New York Times."
(c) "USA Today."
(d) "The Boston Globe."
14. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
(a) Families with Children from China.
(b) Chinese Daughters.
(c) Adopted from China.
(d) Helping Hands.
15. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
(a) Ha Jin.
(b) Amy Tan.
(c) Danielle Steel.
(d) John Grisham.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Karin's group of adoptive families have a potluck dinner?
2. What is the title of Human Rights Watch/Asia's 1996 documentary?
3. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
4. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
5. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)