Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
(a) "The baby."
(b) "Miss Kelly."
(c) "La Chinita."
2. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
(a) Ellis Island.
(c) Ryker's Island.
(d) Angel Island.
3. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Joined Hands.
(b) Adoption International.
(c) Welcome House.
(d) One World.
4. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
(c) "Atlantic Monthly."
(d) "Better Homes and Gardens."
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
(a) In the orphanage.
(b) In her kitchen.
(c) On the plane.
(d) On a beach.
6. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
(a) Wedding Ring.
(b) Flying Geese.
(c) Log Cabin.
7. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
(b) Shag carpet.
8. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
(a) Hard Rock Cafe.
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(d) House of Blues.
9. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
(a) Adopted from China.
(b) Families with Children from China.
(c) Chinese Daughters.
(d) Helping Hands.
10. What phrase does Chinese professor Huang Banghan use to describe his hopes for adopted Chinese girls' journeys through the questions of their origins?
(a) "Safe passage."
(b) "Smooth sailing."
(d) "Soft landing."
11. Which of these things is NOT an identifying characteristic of Americans mentioned by May Wong?
(b) Personal carriage.
12. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
(c) Rice pudding.
13. What event are the Evanses attending where all the children are dressed as tigers?
(a) A child's jungle-themed birthday party.
(b) "Between the Two New Years."
(c) Dragon-Boat Festival.
(d) A Halloween party.
14. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
(a) The airport.
(b) The post office.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) A coffee shop.
15. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
2. What Chinese festival is held in October?
3. What is the term psychiatrists have given to the feeling of children who have no way to trace their biological history?
4. With what does Kelly seem particularly fascinated?
5. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)