|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
(b) "One Wonderful Sunday."
(c) "Seven Samurai."
(d) "The Idiot."
2. Where does May Wong attend college?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) University of California at Berkeley.
(d) University of Notre Dame.
3. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
(a) A doll.
(b) A book.
(c) A rose.
(d) New shoes.
4. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
(d) Rice pudding.
5. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
(a) The post office.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The airport.
6. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "The New York Times."
(b) "The Boston Globe."
(c) "USA Today."
(d) "The Washington Post."
7. What Chinese festival is held in October?
(a) Festival of the Autumn Moon.
(b) Harvest Festival.
(c) Festival of the Dragon.
(d) Silkworm Festival.
8. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
(a) A Chinese government official.
(b) A Chinese orphanage caretaker.
(c) A Chinese filmmaker.
(d) A Chinese physician.
9. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
(a) A duck.
(b) A cat.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A cow.
10. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
11. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
(a) "No Place Like Home."
(b) "Tracing Your Family Tree."
(c) "In Search of Roots."
(d) "My Hometown."
12. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
(a) John Grisham.
(b) Danielle Steel.
(c) Ha Jin.
(d) Amy Tan.
13. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
(a) Helping Hands.
(b) Families with Children from China.
(c) Our Chinese Daughters Foundation.
(d) Just the Two of Us.
14. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
15. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
(a) Log Cabin.
(b) Wedding Ring.
(c) Flying Geese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes that "A child's chromosomes are an irretrievably scrambled mishmash of its grandparents' chromosomes and so on..."?
2. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
3. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
4. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
5. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)