|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
(a) "Blessed Children."
(b) "Brilliant Star."
(c) "Radiant Light."
(d) "Happy Home."
2. What event are the Evanses attending where all the children are dressed as tigers?
(a) A Halloween party.
(b) "Between the Two New Years."
(c) A child's jungle-themed birthday party.
(d) Dragon-Boat Festival.
3. What organization does adoptive mother Jenny Bowen found?
(a) Welcome House.
(b) Half the Sky Foundation.
(c) The Bowen Foundation.
(d) The Amity Foundation.
4. Which of these things is NOT an identifying characteristic of Americans mentioned by May Wong?
(b) Personal carriage.
5. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
(a) House of Blues.
(b) Hard Rock Cafe.
(d) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
6. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
(a) "My Home Town."
(b) "The Way Back."
(c) "Where Did I Come From?"
(d) "My Own Story."
7. What is the term psychiatrists have given to the feeling of children who have no way to trace their biological history?
(a) Genetic confusion.
(b) Genealogical bewilderment.
(c) Genealogical depression.
(d) Genetic anxiety.
8. Where does May Wong attend college?
(a) University of Notre Dame.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) University of California at Berkeley.
9. Where does May Wong grow up?
(a) New York City.
(b) Northern California.
10. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
(a) A rose.
(b) A book.
(c) A doll.
(d) New shoes.
11. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
(b) "The Idiot."
(c) "Seven Samurai."
(d) "One Wonderful Sunday."
12. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
(a) Snake meat.
(b) Cow tongue.
(c) Ostrich meat.
(d) Lily greens.
13. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
(a) "Adopt an orphan!"
(b) "Link your hearts to orphans' hearts."
(c) "Help orphans in every way."
(d) "Let kind-hearted people give orphans a big hug."
14. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
15. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Welcome House.
(b) One World.
(c) Adoption International.
(d) Joined Hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
2. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
3. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
4. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
5. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)