Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The Mao Dynasty.
(c) The Great Leap Forward.
(d) The New Deal.
2. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(c) Jiang Zemin.
(d) Mao Zedong.
3. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A jade star.
(b) A silver Buddha.
(c) A silver heart.
(d) A jade Buddha.
4. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(a) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
(d) Disney World.
5. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(a) Hong Kong.
6. What is an "iron rice bowl"?
(a) Rural China.
(b) Long-term job security.
(c) A popular set of dishes.
(d) A type of food-stamp program.
7. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) A makeshift crib.
(d) A changing table.
8. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
(c) Poison by agricultural pesticide.
9. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
(b) Along roads.
(d) Railroad stations.
10. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 300 million.
(c) 13 million.
(d) 30 million.
11. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
12. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
13. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) Clearance from the INS.
(b) FBI fingerprinting.
(c) A credit check.
(d) Passing a home study by a social worker.
14. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
(a) A photograph.
(b) They see her through a window.
(c) She is handed to them.
(d) Her footprint.
15. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between siblings.
(b) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
(c) Between parent and child.
(d) Between spouses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
2. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
3. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
4. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
5. What does Karin bury in her yard?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)