Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Introduction
1. Describe three ways in which Evans pictures Chinese adoptees growing up in the United States.
2. What kind of information is given to prospective parents after they are matched with a Chinese baby?
3. What are some of the circumstances that have created such a large amount of Chinese baby girls in orphanages?
4. Why does Evans write this book?
5. What is the ancient Chinese proverb that Evans references?
6. What is the main way in which all Chinese adoptees' stories are similar?
This section contains 815 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)