|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
2. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
(a) "No Place Like Home."
(b) "My Hometown."
(c) "Tracing Your Family Tree."
(d) "In Search of Roots."
3. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
(a) "Look, Americans!"
(b) "They are blond!"
(d) "There are two of them!"
4. What negative prediction about China's gender imbalance is printed in the "Boston Globe" in 1998?
(a) It may lead to polygamy.
(b) It may lead to an influx of mail-order brides.
(c) It may lead to a mass exodus of Chinese men.
(d) It may lead to war.
5. What percent of children in Beijing are obese in 1998?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
2. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
3. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
4. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
5. What new feature has begun to appear in Chinese schools?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)