|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) The Golden Age.
(c) The Mao Dynasty.
(d) The Great Leap Forward.
2. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
(a) "Miss Kelly."
(b) "La Chinita."
(c) "The baby."
3. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
(a) Baby guerrillas.
(b) Birth vigilantes.
(c) Birth guerrillas.
(d) Birth smugglers.
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
(a) An intervention.
(b) A referral.
(c) An application.
(d) A contract.
5. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sons.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
2. What Chinese festival is held in October?
3. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
4. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
5. What Native American tribe always deliberately weaves an imperfection into their rugs?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)