|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Boll worm babies.
(b) Children of the wasps.
(c) Mulberry wasps.
(d) Children of the mulberry bug.
2. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
3. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(b) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(c) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
(d) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
4. Which of these things is NOT an identifying characteristic of Americans mentioned by May Wong?
(a) Personal carriage.
5. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
(a) Little Jade.
(b) Slight Change.
(c) Little Education.
(d) Little Flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
2. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
3. Who is "Da Niao"?
4. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
5. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)