|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
2. Which of these things is NOT an identifying characteristic of Americans mentioned by May Wong?
(c) Personal carriage.
3. What is "jook"?
(b) Baby food.
(d) Rice pudding.
4. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
(a) Letters to her future child.
(b) A diary.
(d) Notes for a writing assignment.
5. What is a "hutang"?
(a) A small meal including tea and crackers.
(b) A popular stuffed infant toy in China.
(c) An old, walled Chinese neighborhood.
(d) A Chinese dumpling dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
2. What is a "hukou"?
3. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
4. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
5. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)