|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) The placenta.
(b) An offering to the gods.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) The umbilical cord.
2. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
3. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
(a) Her own memoirs.
(b) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(c) A way to tell about the culture from which these Chinese girls came.
(d) True stories about birth parents.
4. Who does Karin visit far up the Nathan Road?
(a) A friend's family.
(b) Distant relatives.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A seamstress.
5. What event are the Evanses attending where all the children are dressed as tigers?
(a) "Between the Two New Years."
(b) A Halloween party.
(c) A child's jungle-themed birthday party.
(d) Dragon-Boat Festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
2. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
3. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
4. What is the projected number of children expected to be orphaned by AIDS by 2000?
5. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)