|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "hukou"?
(a) An adoption decree.
(b) A birth permission paper.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) A residence registration card.
2. What does "Yi Nu Ping An" mean?
(a) "Always kiss me goodnight."
(b) "One girl peaceful and safe."
(c) "Sugar and spice and everything nice."
(d) "Sweet dreams sweet girl."
3. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
(a) "Adopt an orphan!"
(b) "Let kind-hearted people give orphans a big hug."
(c) "Help orphans in every way."
(d) "Link your hearts to orphans' hearts."
4. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
5. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
2. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
3. Who is Max?
4. What is a "shengyu zheng"?
5. What major catastrophe occurs in China in the late 1950s?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)