|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious sect always deliberately puts a flaw in their quilts?
(c) Jehovah's Witnesses.
2. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
3. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
4. Who is Max?
(a) An official at the Consulate.
(b) The adoption group's bus driver.
(c) One of the other adoptive parents.
(d) The adoption group's U.S.-China facilitator.
5. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
(a) "Around the Mulberry Tree."
(b) "The Crane Song."
(c) "100 Grains of Rice."
(d) "The Little Swallow."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
2. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
3. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
4. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
5. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)