|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
(a) A cat.
(b) A duck.
(c) A cow.
(d) A donkey.
2. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
(a) The post office.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The airport.
(d) A coffee shop.
3. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
(d) "West Side Story."
4. What is Kelly's favorite children's recording?
(a) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
(b) "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep."
(c) "Twinkle,Twinkle, Little Star."
(d) "Use Your Napkin(Not Your Mom!)."
5. Who is Mei Li?
(a) An old friend of Karin's.
(b) The head of the orphanage.
(c) Their new baby.
(d) Their baby's birth mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Chinese people cite for the necessity of the population-control policies?
2. Where does May Wong attend college?
3. What is "jook"?
4. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
5. What new feature has begun to appear in Chinese schools?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)