|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
(a) Fried mulberry leaves.
(b) Fried silkworms.
(c) Fried moths.
(d) Fried grasshoppers.
2. Where does May Wong attend college?
(a) University of California at Berkeley.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) University of Notre Dame.
3. What Native American tribe always deliberately weaves an imperfection into their rugs?
4. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between parent and child.
(b) Between siblings.
(c) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
(d) Between spouses.
5. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) A credit check.
(b) Passing a home study by a social worker.
(c) FBI fingerprinting.
(d) Clearance from the INS.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
2. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
3. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
5. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)