|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
(a) A diary.
(c) Notes for a writing assignment.
(d) Letters to her future child.
2. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three months.
3. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
(a) Helping Hands.
(b) Families with Children from China.
(c) Adopted from China.
(d) Chinese Daughters.
4. Which of these things is ranked as least important in a national survey of parents of adopted Chinese children?
(a) Pride in the Chinese heritage.
(b) Exposure to Chinese culture.
(c) Being able to speak Chinese at home.
(d) Being friends with other Chinese children.
5. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
2. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
3. What Chinese festival is held in October?
4. What new feature has begun to appear in Chinese schools?
5. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)