|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) Clearance from the INS.
(b) Passing a home study by a social worker.
(c) A credit check.
(d) FBI fingerprinting.
2. Who is Max?
(a) One of the other adoptive parents.
(b) The adoption group's bus driver.
(c) The adoption group's U.S.-China facilitator.
(d) An official at the Consulate.
3. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her sons.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
4. What Chinese festival is held in October?
(a) Festival of the Autumn Moon.
(b) Silkworm Festival.
(c) Festival of the Dragon.
(d) Harvest Festival.
5. What organization does adoptive mother Jenny Bowen found?
(a) The Amity Foundation.
(b) Half the Sky Foundation.
(c) Welcome House.
(d) The Bowen Foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
2. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
3. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
4. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
5. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)