|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a traditional Chinese saying disparaging daughters?
(a) "Girls are maggots in the rice."
(b) "Boys are a blessing; girls are a curse."
(c) "When fishing for treasures in the flood, be careful not to pull in girls."
(d) "It is more profitable to raise geese than daughters."
2. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(b) A story about her birth parents.
(c) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(d) Her own memoirs.
3. Jenny Bowen remembers a little girl left behind who is very proud of what possession?
(a) A doll.
(b) A locket.
(c) A book.
(d) String bracelets.
4. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
5. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
2. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
3. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
4. What Native American tribe always deliberately weaves an imperfection into their rugs?
5. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)