|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
(a) A Nobel.
(b) An Oscar.
(c) An Emmy.
(d) A Peabody.
2. What Chinese festival is held in October?
(a) Harvest Festival.
(b) Festival of the Autumn Moon.
(c) Silkworm Festival.
(d) Festival of the Dragon.
3. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
(a) Birth vigilantes.
(b) Birth smugglers.
(c) Birth guerrillas.
(d) Baby guerrillas.
4. What is the name of the magazine founded by Xie Lihua?
(a) "Chinese Woman."
(b) "Living Female in China."
(c) "Rural Women Knowing All."
(d) "Urban Chinese Living."
5. With what does Kelly seem particularly fascinated?
(b) Traffic lights.
(c) The television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
2. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
3. At one time in history, what is cut into intricate pieces that fit like puzzles so that separated family could find one another?
4. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
5. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)