|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) An airplane.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A tree.
2. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
3. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
4. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
5. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
(a) The sea.
(c) The sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
2. What are the Chinese adoptive parents' groups called?
3. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
4. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
5. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)