|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
2. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
3. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
(a) "Chinese Flowers."
(b) "Chinese Pearls."
(c) Her daughter's "sisters."
(d) "The Lost Generation."
4. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
(a) Birth vigilantes.
(b) Birth guerrillas.
(c) Birth smugglers.
(d) Baby guerrillas.
5. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
(b) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Chinese people cite for the necessity of the population-control policies?
2. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
3. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
4. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
5. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)