|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the former entry port for immigrants coming to California between 1910-1940?
(a) Angel Island.
(c) Ryker's Island.
(d) Ellis Island.
2. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
(a) John Grisham.
(b) Amy Tan.
(c) Danielle Steel.
(d) Ha Jin.
3. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
(a) Golden Lilies Temple.
(b) Three Goats Temple.
(c) Mulberry Tree Temple.
(d) Banyan Tree Temple.
4. How many women are forcibly sterilized during campaigns in 1983 and 1991?
(a) 300 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 30 million.
(d) 13 million.
5. What seminal work about women's sexuality is released in China in the 1990s?
(a) "The Sensuous Woman."
(b) "The Story of O."
(c) "Our Bodies, Ourselves."
(d) "Fear of Flying."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
2. Where does May Wong grow up?
3. What is China's population target for 2000?
4. Who does Karin visit far up the Nathan Road?
5. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)