|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
(a) Huang Banghan.
(b) Kay Johnson.
(c) Wang Liyao.
(d) Richard Tessler.
2. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
3. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) The placenta.
(b) An offering to the gods.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) The umbilical cord.
4. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
5. Who is China's second sage?
(b) Kublai Khan.
(c) Mao Zedong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
2. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
3. What does Karin bury in her yard?
4. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
5. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)