|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A story about her birth parents.
(b) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(c) Her own memoirs.
(d) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
2. What does writer Jan Wong suggest a generation of "Little Emperors" may lead to?
(a) Rising suicide rates.
(d) Social isolationism.
3. What is Kelly's favorite children's recording?
(a) "Twinkle,Twinkle, Little Star."
(b) "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep."
(c) "Use Your Napkin(Not Your Mom!)."
(d) "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
4. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
(a) A stuffed panda bear.
(b) A bag of rice.
(c) String bracelets.
(d) A yam.
5. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Adoption International.
(b) Welcome House.
(c) One World.
(d) Joined Hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
2. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
3. What are the "baiji"?
4. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
5. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)