|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
(a) The sea.
(b) The sky.
2. What symbols does Karin's father use to represent people on his family tree?
3. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "Growing Up Orphans."
(b) "Abandoned and Unloved."
(c) "The Dying Rooms."
(d) "China's Lost Children."
4. Which of these things is NOT an identifying characteristic of Americans mentioned by May Wong?
(c) Personal carriage.
5. Jenny Bowen remembers a little girl left behind who is very proud of what possession?
(a) String bracelets.
(b) A doll.
(c) A locket.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
2. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
3. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
4. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
5. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)