|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
2. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sons.
3. What major news magazine runs a cover story on genealogy in 1999?
(a) "U.S. News & World Report."
(c) The "New York Times" magazine.
4. Who is "Da Niao"?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Hannah Montana.
(c) Dora the Explorer.
(d) Big Bird.
5. What Chinese festival is held in October?
(a) Harvest Festival.
(b) Silkworm Festival.
(c) Festival of the Autumn Moon.
(d) Festival of the Dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a traditional Chinese saying disparaging daughters?
2. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
3. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
4. What is the literal translation of "shaying tang"?
5. What are the "baiji"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)