|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Son preference."
(b) "Daughter disappointment."
(c) "Chosen boys."
(d) "Boy preference."
2. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Children of the mulberry bug.
(b) Children of the wasps.
(c) Mulberry wasps.
(d) Boll worm babies.
3. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
(a) Their families.
(b) The clergy.
(d) Other adoptive parents.
4. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
(a) Hard Rock Cafe.
(c) House of Blues.
(d) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
5. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
2. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
3. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
4. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
5. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)