|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A doll.
(c) A book.
(d) A rose.
2. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
3. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What is a "hukou"?
(a) A birth permission paper.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) A residence registration card.
(d) An adoption decree.
5. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) An offering to the gods.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) The placenta.
(d) The umbilical cord.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
2. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
3. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
4. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
5. What is "jook"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)