|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
2. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
(a) "Look, Americans!"
(b) "They are blond!"
(d) "There are two of them!"
3. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
(a) A book.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A rose.
(d) A doll.
4. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
5. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
(a) Along roads.
(b) Railroad stations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the author's daughter born?
2. What is "jook"?
3. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
4. What is the main reason Chinese people cite for the necessity of the population-control policies?
5. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)