|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
(a) An Emmy.
(b) A Peabody.
(c) An Oscar.
(d) A Nobel.
2. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
3. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
4. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
(a) Banyan Tree Temple.
(b) Mulberry Tree Temple.
(c) Golden Lilies Temple.
(d) Three Goats Temple.
5. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Son preference."
(b) "Boy preference."
(c) "Daughter disappointment."
(d) "Chosen boys."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
2. Where is the author's daughter born?
3. What is the "dark side" to which Chinese journalists refer?
4. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
5. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)