|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
2. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
3. Who is Mei Li?
(a) Their baby's birth mother.
(b) Their new baby.
(c) The head of the orphanage.
(d) An old friend of Karin's.
4. How many women are forcibly sterilized during campaigns in 1983 and 1991?
(a) 300 million.
(b) 13 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 30 million.
5. Jenny Bowen remembers a little girl left behind who is very proud of what possession?
(a) A book.
(b) String bracelets.
(c) A locket.
(d) A doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
2. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
3. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
4. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
5. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)