|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "Growing Up Orphans."
(b) "The Dying Rooms."
(c) "Abandoned and Unloved."
(d) "China's Lost Children."
2. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 7 million.
(b) 17 million.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 70 million.
3. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
(c) Magnetic force.
(d) An invisible red string.
4. What is a "hutang"?
(a) An old, walled Chinese neighborhood.
(b) A popular stuffed infant toy in China.
(c) A Chinese dumpling dish.
(d) A small meal including tea and crackers.
5. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
(a) Chinese Daughters.
(b) Helping Hands.
(c) Families with Children from China.
(d) Adopted from China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
2. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
3. With what does Kelly seem particularly fascinated?
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
5. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)