|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
(a) Fried moths.
(b) Fried silkworms.
(c) Fried mulberry leaves.
(d) Fried grasshoppers.
2. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Show no emotion."
(b) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(c) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(d) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
3. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
(b) In the United States.
(d) Hong Kong.
4. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A kitten.
(d) A baby.
5. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
(b) Rice pudding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leader celebrated the idea of "glorious mothers having more babies"?
2. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
3. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
4. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
5. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)