|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
(a) Mark and Karin close on a new house.
(b) Mark's brother's wedding.
(c) Mark is promoted.
(d) Karin's father's funeral.
3. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
(b) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
(c) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
(d) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
4. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
(a) Snake meat.
(b) Ostrich meat.
(c) Cow tongue.
(d) Lily greens.
5. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Mulberry wasps.
(b) Children of the wasps.
(c) Children of the mulberry bug.
(d) Boll worm babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
2. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
3. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
4. Who is Mei Li?
5. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)