|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
(a) Fried moths.
(b) Fried grasshoppers.
(c) Fried mulberry leaves.
(d) Fried silkworms.
2. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
3. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
4. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
5. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
(a) Huang Banghan.
(b) Richard Tessler.
(c) Wang Liyao.
(d) Kay Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "hutang"?
2. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
3. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
4. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
5. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)