|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
(a) "The Lost Generation."
(b) "Chinese Flowers."
(c) Her daughter's "sisters."
(d) "Chinese Pearls."
2. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
3. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A story about her birth parents.
(b) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(c) Her own memoirs.
(d) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
5. What is a "hukou"?
(a) An adoption decree.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) A residence registration card.
(d) A birth permission paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Chinese people cite for the necessity of the population-control policies?
2. What is Kelly's favorite children's recording?
3. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
4. What is a "hutang"?
5. What organization does adoptive mother Jenny Bowen found?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)