|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
(a) The market where Kelly was found.
(b) The apartments surrounding the market.
(c) A village near Jiangmen.
(d) The farmer who found her.
2. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
3. What Chinese festival is held in October?
(a) Harvest Festival.
(b) Festival of the Dragon.
(c) Silkworm Festival.
(d) Festival of the Autumn Moon.
4. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Children of the wasps.
(b) Children of the mulberry bug.
(c) Mulberry wasps.
(d) Boll worm babies.
5. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(a) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
(d) Disney World.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
2. Which of these is a song Karin and Mark sing to Kelly in the hotel room?
3. What event are the Evanses attending where all the children are dressed as tigers?
4. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
5. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)