|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
(b) "Atlantic Monthly."
(d) "Better Homes and Gardens."
2. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
(a) "Chinese Flowers."
(b) Her daughter's "sisters."
(c) "Chinese Pearls."
(d) "The Lost Generation."
3. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
4. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
(b) Between siblings.
(c) Between parent and child.
(d) Between spouses.
5. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) An offering to the gods.
(b) The umbilical cord.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) The placenta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
2. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
3. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
4. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
5. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)