|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
2. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(a) Chinese citizens.
(b) Her child's birth mother.
3. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) An offering to the gods.
(b) The placenta.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) The umbilical cord.
4. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
(a) A village near Jiangmen.
(b) The farmer who found her.
(c) The apartments surrounding the market.
(d) The market where Kelly was found.
5. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
2. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
4. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
5. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)