|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Chosen boys."
(b) "Boy preference."
(c) "Daughter disappointment."
(d) "Son preference."
2. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
(d) Poison by agricultural pesticide.
3. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
(a) "The Little Swallow."
(b) "The Crane Song."
(c) "100 Grains of Rice."
(d) "Around the Mulberry Tree."
4. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(a) Chinese citizens.
(d) Her child's birth mother.
5. Which of these things is ranked as least important in a national survey of parents of adopted Chinese children?
(a) Being able to speak Chinese at home.
(b) Being friends with other Chinese children.
(c) Pride in the Chinese heritage.
(d) Exposure to Chinese culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
2. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
3. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
4. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
5. What is Kelly's favorite children's recording?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)