|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A baby bootie.
(b) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
(c) A soapstone Buddha.
(d) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
2. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
3. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(b) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
(d) Disney World.
4. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
(a) "They are blond!"
(b) "Look, Americans!"
(d) "There are two of them!"
5. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
(a) Helping Hands.
(b) Adopted from China.
(c) Chinese Daughters.
(d) Families with Children from China.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
2. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
3. Which of these is a song Karin and Mark sing to Kelly in the hotel room?
4. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
5. Jenny Bowen remembers a little girl left behind who is very proud of what possession?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)