|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) A tree.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) An elephant.
(d) An airplane.
2. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
3. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 17 million.
(b) 70 million.
(c) 7 million.
(d) 100 million.
4. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
(a) "Look, Americans!"
(c) "They are blond!"
(d) "There are two of them!"
5. What Native American tribe always deliberately weaves an imperfection into their rugs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
2. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
3. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
4. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
5. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)