|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
(a) Families with Children from China.
(b) Adopted from China.
(c) Chinese Daughters.
(d) Helping Hands.
2. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
3. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
(a) The sky.
(b) The sea.
4. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
(b) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
(c) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
(d) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
5. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
2. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
3. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
4. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
5. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)