|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
(a) Along roads.
(c) Railroad stations.
2. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
(a) A contract.
(b) A referral.
(c) An intervention.
(d) An application.
3. What is "jook"?
(a) Rice pudding.
(d) Baby food.
4. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
(a) "Oliver Twist," Charles Dickens.
(b) "The Good Earth," Pearl S. Buck.
(c) "The Pearl," John Steinbeck.
(d) "Memoirs of a Geisha," Arthur Golden.
5. What is the main reason Chinese people cite for the necessity of the population-control policies?
(a) Fear of another famine.
(b) Family stability.
(c) Scarcity of natural resources.
(d) Economic development.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
2. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
3. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
4. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
5. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)