|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
(a) "Oliver Twist," Charles Dickens.
(b) "The Pearl," John Steinbeck.
(c) "The Good Earth," Pearl S. Buck.
(d) "Memoirs of a Geisha," Arthur Golden.
2. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
3. What are the "baiji"?
(a) White goats.
(b) White dolphins.
(c) White cranes.
(d) White whales.
4. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(b) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(d) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
5. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Bring a little brother."
(b) "Treasured one."
(c) "Extra mouth."
(d) "Not a boy."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
2. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
3. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
4. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
5. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)