|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) A credit check.
(b) Clearance from the INS.
(c) FBI fingerprinting.
(d) Passing a home study by a social worker.
2. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
(a) "China's Orphanages."
(b) "Sleep Tight."
(c) "China's Lost Daughters."
(d) "Good Fortune."
3. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
4. What are the "baiji"?
(a) White goats.
(b) White whales.
(c) White cranes.
(d) White dolphins.
5. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
(b) "Better Homes and Gardens."
(c) "Atlantic Monthly."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
2. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
3. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
4. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
5. What is China's overall ratio of boys to girls in 1998?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)