|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "shengyu zheng"?
(a) A birth permission paper.
(b) An adoption decree.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A marriage license.
2. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
3. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
4. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
5. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
(a) Along roads.
(d) Railroad stations.
Short Answer Questions
1. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
2. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
3. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
4. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
5. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)