|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A doll.
(c) A book.
(d) A rose.
2. Where is the author's daughter born?
(b) Szechuan Province.
(c) Pearl River Delta.
3. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) Harper Lee.
(c) Pearl S. Buck.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
4. Who are "pleaders"?
(a) Women who begged to keep their children.
(b) Men who wanted multiple children to work the land.
(c) Men who were desperate for a son.
(d) Women who wanted more than one child.
5. What is an "iron rice bowl"?
(a) A popular set of dishes.
(b) Long-term job security.
(c) A type of food-stamp program.
(d) Rural China.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
2. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
3. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
4. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
5. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)