|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
(c) The Golden Arches.
(d) The Kentucky Fried Colonel.
2. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between siblings.
(b) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
(c) Between spouses.
(d) Between parent and child.
3. What is the name of the national organization for single parents of Chinese children?
(a) Families with Children from China.
(b) Just the Two of Us.
(c) Helping Hands.
(d) Our Chinese Daughters Foundation.
4. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
5. What is "jook"?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Baby food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
2. What phrase does Chinese professor Huang Banghan use to describe his hopes for adopted Chinese girls' journeys through the questions of their origins?
3. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
4. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
5. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)