|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
2. Which of these is NOT part of the new playground built at the orphanage where Kelly lived?
(a) A slide.
(c) A sandbox.
(d) A Mickey Mouse ride.
3. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
(a) "China's Lost Daughters."
(b) "China's Orphanages."
(c) "Good Fortune."
(d) "Sleep Tight."
4. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eighteen months.
5. What leader celebrated the idea of "glorious mothers having more babies"?
(a) Deng Xiaoping.
(b) Jiang Zemin.
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) Mao Zedong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
2. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
3. Which of these is NOT a traditional Chinese saying disparaging daughters?
4. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
5. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)