|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT part of the new playground built at the orphanage where Kelly lived?
(a) A sandbox.
(b) A slide.
(d) A Mickey Mouse ride.
2. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
3. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
4. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(b) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(d) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
5. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
(b) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
(c) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
(d) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
2. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
3. What is a "hutang"?
4. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
5. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)