|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of church is the tiger-costume event held?
2. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A silver heart.
(b) A jade Buddha.
(c) A jade star.
(d) A silver Buddha.
3. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
4. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(b) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(c) "Show no emotion."
(d) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
5. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
2. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
3. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
4. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
5. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)