|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
(a) An intervention.
(b) A referral.
(c) An application.
(d) A contract.
2. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(b) Her own memoirs.
(c) A story about her birth parents.
(d) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
3. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
(b) The Czech Republic.
4. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
(b) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
(c) A soapstone Buddha.
(d) A baby bootie.
5. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
2. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
3. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
4. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
5. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)