|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(c) Hong Kong.
2. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
(a) An Oscar.
(b) An Emmy.
(c) A Nobel.
(d) A Peabody.
3. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
4. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Harper Lee.
(b) Pearl S. Buck.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) John Steinbeck.
5. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(a) Her child's birth mother.
(d) Chinese citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
2. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
3. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
4. Who is China's second sage?
5. Who does Karin visit far up the Nathan Road?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)