|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "jook"?
(b) Rice pudding.
(c) Baby food.
2. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
(c) "Better Homes and Gardens."
(d) "Atlantic Monthly."
3. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
(d) Poison by agricultural pesticide.
4. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A doll.
(c) A rose.
(d) A book.
5. What does Kelly dress up as for her second Halloween?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A witch.
(c) A flower.
(d) A princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
2. What organization does adoptive mother Jenny Bowen found?
3. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
4. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
5. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)