|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
2. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(b) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(c) Her own memoirs.
(d) A story about her birth parents.
3. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
4. Who does Karin visit far up the Nathan Road?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) Distant relatives.
(c) A friend's family.
(d) A fortune teller.
5. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
(a) 300 million.
(b) 30 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 13 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
2. What common remark about adopted children from China is particularly frustrating to their parents?
3. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
4. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
5. With what does Kelly seem particularly fascinated?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)