|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "jook"?
(c) Baby food.
(d) Rice pudding.
2. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
3. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
4. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
5. What is the title of Human Rights Watch/Asia's 1996 documentary?
(a) "Death by Numbers."
(b) "The State of Chinese Orphanages."
(c) "Death by Default."
(d) "The Dying Rooms."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
2. What is the main reason Chinese people cite for the necessity of the population-control policies?
3. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
4. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
5. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)