|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
2. Who is "Da Niao"?
(a) Hannah Montana.
(b) Big Bird.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Dora the Explorer.
3. What leader celebrated the idea of "glorious mothers having more babies"?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Deng Xiaoping.
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) Jiang Zemin.
4. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
(b) Magnetic force.
(c) An invisible red string.
5. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) Her own memoirs.
(b) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(c) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(d) A story about her birth parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
2. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
3. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
4. What is the main reason Chinese people cite for the necessity of the population-control policies?
5. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)