|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leader celebrated the idea of "glorious mothers having more babies"?
(a) Deng Xiaoping.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) Jiang Zemin.
2. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her sons.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
(b) Poison by agricultural pesticide.
4. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
5. At one time in history, what is cut into intricate pieces that fit like puzzles so that separated family could find one another?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
2. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
3. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
4. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
5. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)