|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "hukou"?
(a) An adoption decree.
(b) A birth permission paper.
(c) A residence registration card.
(d) A marriage license.
2. What is the "dark side" to which Chinese journalists refer?
(a) Forced abortions.
(b) Human trafficking in young women.
(c) Abandoned babies.
3. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(b) Los Angeles.
4. What is a "shengyu zheng"?
(a) A birth permission paper.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) An adoption decree.
5. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
2. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
3. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
4. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
5. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)