|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 100 million.
(b) 7 million.
(c) 70 million.
(d) 17 million.
3. Who is Mei Li?
(a) Their new baby.
(b) An old friend of Karin's.
(c) The head of the orphanage.
(d) Their baby's birth mother.
4. What event are the Evanses attending where all the children are dressed as tigers?
(a) Dragon-Boat Festival.
(b) A Halloween party.
(c) "Between the Two New Years."
(d) A child's jungle-themed birthday party.
5. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
(b) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
(c) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
(d) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
2. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
3. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
4. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
5. Who is China's second sage?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)