|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
2. What is "jook"?
(b) Baby food.
(d) Rice pudding.
3. What is a natural ratio of boys to girls at birth?
4. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
5. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
(a) A pillow.
(c) A blanket.
(d) The midwife's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
2. From what country are 2500 children adopted in China after World War II?
3. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
4. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
5. What is an "iron rice bowl"?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)