|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East-West Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(a) Los Angeles.
2. What is Guan Yin the goddess of?
(b) The sea.
(c) The sky.
3. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eighteen months.
4. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Treasured one."
(b) "Extra mouth."
(c) "Not a boy."
(d) "Bring a little brother."
5. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
2. What event are the Evanses attending where all the children are dressed as tigers?
3. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
4. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
5. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)