|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
2. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
3. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
(a) 300 million.
(b) 30 million.
(c) 13 million.
(d) 3 million.
4. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A baby bootie.
(b) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
(c) A soapstone Buddha.
(d) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
5. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(b) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
2. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
3. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
4. Who does Karin visit far up the Nathan Road?
5. What is an "iron rice bowl"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)