|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the author's daughter born?
(c) Szechuan Province.
(d) Pearl River Delta.
2. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A jade star.
(b) A silver heart.
(c) A jade Buddha.
(d) A silver Buddha.
3. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
(a) Birth smugglers.
(b) Baby guerrillas.
(c) Birth guerrillas.
(d) Birth vigilantes.
4. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Children of the mulberry bug.
(b) Boll worm babies.
(c) Mulberry wasps.
(d) Children of the wasps.
5. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is China's second sage?
2. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
3. Who are "pleaders"?
4. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
5. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)