|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) A tree.
(c) An elephant.
(d) An airplane.
2. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Show no emotion."
(b) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(c) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(d) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
3. What leader celebrated the idea of "glorious mothers having more babies"?
(a) Chiang Kai-shek.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Deng Xiaoping.
(d) Jiang Zemin.
4. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
5. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
2. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
3. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
4. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
5. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)