|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
(a) "Oliver Twist," Charles Dickens.
(b) "The Pearl," John Steinbeck.
(c) "The Good Earth," Pearl S. Buck.
(d) "Memoirs of a Geisha," Arthur Golden.
2. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) A makeshift crib.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) A changing table.
(d) A rocking chair.
3. What leader celebrated the idea of "glorious mothers having more babies"?
(a) Jiang Zemin.
(b) Deng Xiaoping.
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) Mao Zedong.
4. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(c) Disney World.
(d) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
5. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
2. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
3. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
4. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
5. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)