|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "hutang"?
(a) A small meal including tea and crackers.
(b) A popular stuffed infant toy in China.
(c) An old, walled Chinese neighborhood.
(d) A Chinese dumpling dish.
2. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
(a) The Kentucky Fried Colonel.
(d) The Golden Arches.
3. What is a "hukou"?
(a) A birth permission paper.
(b) A residence registration card.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) An adoption decree.
4. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
(a) Little Education.
(b) Little Flower.
(c) Little Jade.
(d) Slight Change.
5. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Son preference."
(b) "Boy preference."
(c) "Chosen boys."
(d) "Daughter disappointment."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
2. How many women are forcibly sterilized during campaigns in 1983 and 1991?
3. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
4. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
5. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)