|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
2. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
(b) A diary.
(c) Letters to her future child.
(d) Notes for a writing assignment.
3. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
4. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The Great Leap Forward.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) The Mao Dynasty.
5. What is an "iron rice bowl"?
(a) Long-term job security.
(b) A type of food-stamp program.
(c) A popular set of dishes.
(d) Rural China.
Short Answer Questions
1. At one time in history, what is cut into intricate pieces that fit like puzzles so that separated family could find one another?
2. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
3. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
5. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)