|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) In the United States.
2. Who are "pleaders"?
(a) Women who wanted more than one child.
(b) Men who wanted multiple children to work the land.
(c) Women who begged to keep their children.
(d) Men who were desperate for a son.
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(b) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(c) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(d) "Show no emotion."
4. What is a natural ratio of boys to girls at birth?
5. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
(a) Beside the highway.
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) In a market.
(d) Under a bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
2. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
3. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
4. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
5. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)