|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 70 million.
(b) 17 million.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 7 million.
2. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
3. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
(a) The midwife's hand.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A pillow.
4. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
(a) The doorkeeper.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The groundskeeper.
(d) The cook.
5. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "China's Lost Children."
(b) "Growing Up Orphans."
(c) "Abandoned and Unloved."
(d) "The Dying Rooms."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
2. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
3. What is a "hutang"?
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
5. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)