|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a natural ratio of boys to girls at birth?
2. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(c) Jiang Zemin.
3. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
4. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) In a market.
(c) Beside the highway.
(d) In a dumpster.
5. What is a "shengyu zheng"?
(a) A birth permission paper.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) An adoption decree.
(d) A birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Karin visit far up the Nathan Road?
2. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
3. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
4. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
5. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)