|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major catastrophe occurs in China in the late 1950s?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A famine.
(c) A civil war.
(d) A drought.
2. Where is the author's daughter born?
(c) Szechuan Province.
(d) Pearl River Delta.
3. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) In a market.
(d) Beside the highway.
4. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
5. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
(c) In the United States.
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
2. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
3. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
4. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
5. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)