|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is China's second sage?
(a) Kublai Khan.
(c) Mao Zedong.
2. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) The umbilical cord.
(b) An offering to the gods.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) The placenta.
3. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
4. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
(c) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
(d) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
5. What is the "dark side" to which Chinese journalists refer?
(b) Forced abortions.
(c) Human trafficking in young women.
(d) Abandoned babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
2. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
3. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
4. Who is Mei Li?
5. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)