|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
(a) Her daughter's "sisters."
(b) "Chinese Flowers."
(c) "Chinese Pearls."
(d) "The Lost Generation."
2. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) A makeshift crib.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A changing table.
3. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
(a) She is handed to them.
(b) Her footprint.
(c) A photograph.
(d) They see her through a window.
4. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
(b) A pillow.
(c) The midwife's hand.
(d) A blanket.
5. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
2. What is a "hutang"?
3. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
4. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
5. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)