|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A green cup.
(b) A blue block.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A baby doll.
2. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
3. How many women are forcibly sterilized during campaigns in 1983 and 1991?
(a) 13 million.
(b) 300 million.
(c) 30 million.
(d) 3 million.
4. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(b) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
(c) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(d) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
5. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
2. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
3. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
4. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
5. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)