|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
2. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) An electric fan.
(b) A changing table.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A makeshift crib.
3. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
4. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
(c) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
(d) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
5. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Boy preference."
(b) "Daughter disappointment."
(c) "Chosen boys."
(d) "Son preference."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
2. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
3. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
4. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
5. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)