|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
(a) Little Education.
(b) Little Jade.
(c) Slight Change.
(d) Little Flower.
2. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) The Mao Dynasty.
(c) The Great Leap Forward.
(d) The Golden Age.
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(b) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(c) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(d) "Show no emotion."
4. What is China's overall ratio of boys to girls in 1998?
5. At one time in history, what is cut into intricate pieces that fit like puzzles so that separated family could find one another?
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
2. What leader celebrated the idea of "glorious mothers having more babies"?
3. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
4. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
5. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)