|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
2. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
3. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Daughter disappointment."
(b) "Son preference."
(c) "Chosen boys."
(d) "Boy preference."
4. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A blue block.
(c) A green cup.
(d) A stuffed bear.
5. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(a) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
2. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
3. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
4. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
5. What is a "hutang"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)