|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
(a) Notes for a writing assignment.
(b) A diary.
(d) Letters to her future child.
2. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
3. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
(a) Birth smugglers.
(b) Baby guerrillas.
(c) Birth guerrillas.
(d) Birth vigilantes.
4. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
5. What is a "shengyu zheng"?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) An adoption decree.
(c) A birth permission paper.
(d) A birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "hutang"?
2. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
3. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
4. What is a "hukou"?
5. Who are "pleaders"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)