|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A baby doll.
(c) A blue block.
(d) A green cup.
2. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
(a) "Oliver Twist," Charles Dickens.
(b) "The Good Earth," Pearl S. Buck.
(c) "Memoirs of a Geisha," Arthur Golden.
(d) "The Pearl," John Steinbeck.
3. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(a) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
(c) Disney World.
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A story about her birth parents.
(b) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(c) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(d) Her own memoirs.
5. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
2. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
3. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
4. Where is the author's daughter born?
5. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)