|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 7 million.
(b) 100 million.
(c) 17 million.
(d) 70 million.
2. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A story about her birth parents.
(b) Her own memoirs.
(c) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(d) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
3. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
(d) Hong Kong.
4. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A changing table.
(c) A makeshift crib.
(d) An electric fan.
5. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A green cup.
(c) A blue block.
(d) A baby doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "shengyu zheng"?
2. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
3. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
4. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
5. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)