|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
2. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(b) "Show no emotion."
(c) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(d) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
4. What is a natural ratio of boys to girls at birth?
5. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
2. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
3. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
4. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
5. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)