|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "Leave It to Beaver."
(b) "The Brady Bunch."
(c) "The Partridge Family."
(d) "Little Rascals."
2. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
3. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Boll worm babies.
(b) Children of the wasps.
(c) Children of the mulberry bug.
(d) Mulberry wasps.
4. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
5. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
(b) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
(c) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
(d) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
2. Who is China's second sage?
3. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
4. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
5. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)