|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
(b) Letters to her future child.
(c) Notes for a writing assignment.
(d) A diary.
2. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
(a) Fried grasshoppers.
(b) Fried mulberry leaves.
(c) Fried moths.
(d) Fried silkworms.
3. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
(a) The doorkeeper.
(b) The cook.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The groundskeeper.
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(b) A story about her birth parents.
(c) Her own memoirs.
(d) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
5. What is a "hukou"?
(a) A birth permission paper.
(b) A residence registration card.
(c) An adoption decree.
(d) A marriage license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
2. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
3. How many women are forcibly sterilized during campaigns in 1983 and 1991?
4. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
5. What is a "hutang"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)