|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
2. What are the "baiji"?
(a) White goats.
(b) White dolphins.
(c) White cranes.
(d) White whales.
3. What is a natural ratio of boys to girls at birth?
4. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) The Great Leap Forward.
(d) The Mao Dynasty.
5. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
(a) Letters to her future child.
(c) Notes for a writing assignment.
(d) A diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Chinese people cite for the necessity of the population-control policies?
2. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
3. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
4. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
5. What is China's overall ratio of boys to girls in 1998?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)