|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The One-Child, Maybe-One-More Policy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 17 million.
(b) 7 million.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 70 million.
2. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
3. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
(a) The Golden Arches.
(c) The Kentucky Fried Colonel.
4. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
(b) A baby bootie.
(c) A soapstone Buddha.
(d) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
5. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) An electric fan.
(b) A makeshift crib.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A changing table.
Short Answer Questions
1. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
2. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
4. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
5. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)