|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(d) Hong Kong.
2. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
(a) String bracelets.
(b) A bag of rice.
(c) A stuffed panda bear.
(d) A yam.
3. Who is Mei Li?
(a) Their baby's birth mother.
(b) An old friend of Karin's.
(c) Their new baby.
(d) The head of the orphanage.
4. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A jade star.
(b) A silver Buddha.
(c) A jade Buddha.
(d) A silver heart.
5. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
2. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
3. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
4. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
5. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)