|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "China's Lost Children."
(b) "Growing Up Orphans."
(c) "The Dying Rooms."
(d) "Abandoned and Unloved."
2. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(a) Tai chi.
3. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
4. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
5. Who is Mei Li?
(a) An old friend of Karin's.
(b) Their baby's birth mother.
(c) Their new baby.
(d) The head of the orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
2. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
3. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
4. What is a "hutang"?
5. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)