|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(c) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(d) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
2. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(b) Her child's birth mother.
(c) Chinese citizens.
3. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
4. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Eighteen months.
5. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Boy preference."
(b) "Chosen boys."
(c) "Son preference."
(d) "Daughter disappointment."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
2. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
3. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
4. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
5. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)