|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
(a) Beside the highway.
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) In a market.
(d) Under a bridge.
2. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) The Great Leap Forward.
(d) The Mao Dynasty.
3. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
4. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
(b) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
(c) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
(d) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
5. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
2. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
3. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
4. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
5. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)