|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
(a) Little Jade.
(b) Slight Change.
(c) Little Education.
(d) Little Flower.
2. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(b) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
(c) Disney World.
3. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) Her own memoirs.
(b) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(c) A story about her birth parents.
(d) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
5. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(d) Tai chi.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
2. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
3. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
4. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
5. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)