|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
2. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) An electric fan.
(b) A makeshift crib.
(c) A changing table.
(d) A rocking chair.
3. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "Little Rascals."
(b) "The Brady Bunch."
(c) "Leave It to Beaver."
(d) "The Partridge Family."
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
(a) An application.
(b) A contract.
(c) A referral.
(d) An intervention.
5. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
Short Answer Questions
1. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
2. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
3. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
4. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
5. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)