|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "The Partridge Family."
(b) "Leave It to Beaver."
(c) "The Brady Bunch."
(d) "Little Rascals."
2. Which of these is NOT a traditional Chinese saying disparaging daughters?
(a) "It is more profitable to raise geese than daughters."
(b) "Boys are a blessing; girls are a curse."
(c) "Girls are maggots in the rice."
(d) "When fishing for treasures in the flood, be careful not to pull in girls."
3. What are the "baiji"?
(a) White dolphins.
(b) White goats.
(c) White cranes.
(d) White whales.
4. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
(b) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
(c) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
(d) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
5. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
(a) Their families.
(c) Other adoptive parents.
(d) The clergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
2. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
3. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
4. What does Karin bury in her yard?
5. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)