|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
(a) The Kentucky Fried Colonel.
(d) The Golden Arches.
2. Who does Karin visit far up the Nathan Road?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) A friend's family.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) Distant relatives.
3. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Extra mouth."
(b) "Bring a little brother."
(c) "Treasured one."
(d) "Not a boy."
4. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between spouses.
(b) Between parent and child.
(c) Between siblings.
(d) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
5. Where is the author's daughter born?
(c) Pearl River Delta.
(d) Szechuan Province.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
2. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
4. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
5. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)