|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
(c) Poison by agricultural pesticide.
2. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
3. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 100 million.
(b) 7 million.
(c) 17 million.
(d) 70 million.
4. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(b) Hong Kong.
5. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) An offering to the gods.
(c) The placenta.
(d) The umbilical cord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
2. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
3. What is a "hutang"?
4. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
5. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)