|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 7 million.
(b) 70 million.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 17 million.
2. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(a) Jiang Zemin.
(b) Mao Zedong.
3. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
4. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(b) Hong Kong.
5. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Extra mouth."
(b) "Treasured one."
(c) "Bring a little brother."
(d) "Not a boy."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
2. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
3. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
4. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
5. Which of these is NOT a traditional Chinese saying disparaging daughters?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)