|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
(a) A referral.
(b) A contract.
(c) An application.
(d) An intervention.
2. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
(a) The Kentucky Fried Colonel.
(d) The Golden Arches.
3. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) The umbilical cord.
(b) An offering to the gods.
(c) The placenta.
(d) A lock of hair.
4. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
5. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) An electric fan.
(b) A makeshift crib.
(c) A changing table.
(d) A rocking chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
2. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
4. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
5. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)