|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
(b) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
(c) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
(d) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
2. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Eighteen months.
3. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(b) Mao Zedong.
(d) Jiang Zemin.
4. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
(d) Poison by agricultural pesticide.
5. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "baiji"?
2. Who is China's second sage?
3. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
4. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
5. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)