|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the author's daughter born?
(a) Pearl River Delta.
(c) Szechuan Province.
2. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
3. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(b) Her child's birth mother.
(d) Chinese citizens.
4. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
(a) Birth smugglers.
(b) Baby guerrillas.
(c) Birth guerrillas.
(d) Birth vigilantes.
5. Who is Mei Li?
(a) An old friend of Karin's.
(b) Their new baby.
(c) The head of the orphanage.
(d) Their baby's birth mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
2. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
3. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
4. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
5. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)