|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
(a) Mark is promoted.
(b) Mark and Karin close on a new house.
(c) Mark's brother's wedding.
(d) Karin's father's funeral.
2. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
3. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
4. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
(b) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
(c) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
(d) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
5. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(c) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
2. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
3. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
4. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
5. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)