|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A baby.
2. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
(b) In the United States.
(c) Hong Kong.
3. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A blue block.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A green cup.
(d) A baby doll.
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
(a) An application.
(b) A referral.
(c) A contract.
(d) An intervention.
5. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
(b) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
(c) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karin bury in her yard?
2. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
3. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
5. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)