|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(b) Tai chi.
2. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "Growing Up Orphans."
(b) "China's Lost Children."
(c) "Abandoned and Unloved."
(d) "The Dying Rooms."
3. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(b) Her own memoirs.
(c) A story about her birth parents.
(d) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
5. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "The Partridge Family."
(b) "Little Rascals."
(c) "Leave It to Beaver."
(d) "The Brady Bunch."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
2. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
3. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
4. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
5. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)