|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mei Li?
(a) The head of the orphanage.
(b) Their baby's birth mother.
(c) Their new baby.
(d) An old friend of Karin's.
2. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
(b) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
(c) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
3. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(a) Disney World.
(b) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
4. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Mulberry wasps.
(b) Children of the mulberry bug.
(c) Boll worm babies.
(d) Children of the wasps.
5. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
2. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
3. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
4. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
5. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)