|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
(c) In the United States.
(d) Hong Kong.
2. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
3. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
(a) A diary.
(c) Letters to her future child.
(d) Notes for a writing assignment.
4. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "Little Rascals."
(b) "The Brady Bunch."
(c) "The Partridge Family."
(d) "Leave It to Beaver."
5. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Show no emotion."
(b) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(c) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(d) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "baiji"?
2. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
3. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
4. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
5. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)