|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "baiji"?
(a) White cranes.
(b) White goats.
(c) White whales.
(d) White dolphins.
2. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "Leave It to Beaver."
(b) "The Brady Bunch."
(c) "Little Rascals."
(d) "The Partridge Family."
3. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
(a) A way to tell about the culture from which these Chinese girls came.
(b) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(c) Her own memoirs.
(d) True stories about birth parents.
4. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
5. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 100 million.
(b) 7 million.
(c) 17 million.
(d) 70 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
2. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
3. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
4. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
5. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)