|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the author's daughter born?
(a) Pearl River Delta.
(d) Szechuan Province.
2. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) Passing a home study by a social worker.
(b) Clearance from the INS.
(c) A credit check.
(d) FBI fingerprinting.
3. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(b) Hong Kong.
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(b) A story about her birth parents.
(c) Her own memoirs.
(d) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
5. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(c) Tai chi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
2. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
3. What is a "hutang"?
4. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
5. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)