|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(b) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(c) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
2. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
(a) Fried silkworms.
(b) Fried moths.
(c) Fried grasshoppers.
(d) Fried mulberry leaves.
3. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
4. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Boll worm babies.
(b) Children of the mulberry bug.
(c) Children of the wasps.
(d) Mulberry wasps.
5. Where is the author's daughter born?
(a) Pearl River Delta.
(b) Szechuan Province.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
2. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
3. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
4. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
5. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)