|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
2. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(a) Her child's birth mother.
(b) Chinese citizens.
3. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(d) Hong Kong.
4. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) A credit check.
(b) Passing a home study by a social worker.
(c) Clearance from the INS.
(d) FBI fingerprinting.
5. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
2. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
3. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
4. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
5. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)