|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
(b) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
(c) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
(d) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
2. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A jade Buddha.
(b) A silver Buddha.
(c) A silver heart.
(d) A jade star.
3. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
4. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
(a) The Kentucky Fried Colonel.
(b) The Golden Arches.
5. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) A tree.
(b) An airplane.
(c) An elephant.
(d) An ostrich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
2. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
3. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
4. What is a "hutang"?
5. Where is the author's daughter born?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)