|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(a) Disney World.
(d) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
2. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
3. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
4. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
5. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Boll worm babies.
(b) Children of the mulberry bug.
(c) Children of the wasps.
(d) Mulberry wasps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
2. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
3. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
5. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)