|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(b) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(c) "Show no emotion."
(d) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
2. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) China Doll.
(b) Paper Moon.
(c) Chinese Buddha.
(d) China Moon.
3. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(c) Los Angeles.
4. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "The Partridge Family."
(b) "Little Rascals."
(c) "Leave It to Beaver."
(d) "The Brady Bunch."
5. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eighteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
2. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
3. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
4. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
5. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)