|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China with Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
2. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Three months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. What is a "hutang"?
(a) A popular stuffed infant toy in China.
(b) An old, walled Chinese neighborhood.
(c) A Chinese dumpling dish.
(d) A small meal including tea and crackers.
4. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
5. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
(a) Fried moths.
(b) Fried mulberry leaves.
(c) Fried silkworms.
(d) Fried grasshoppers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
2. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
3. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
5. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)