|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A silver Buddha.
(b) A jade star.
(c) A silver heart.
(d) A jade Buddha.
2. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Children of the wasps.
(b) Mulberry wasps.
(c) Boll worm babies.
(d) Children of the mulberry bug.
3. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(b) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(c) Her own memoirs.
(d) A story about her birth parents.
4. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
(a) The clergy.
(c) Other adoptive parents.
(d) Their families.
5. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) An airplane.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
2. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
3. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
4. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
5. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)