|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
(b) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
(c) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
(d) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
2. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
(a) Three months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) Her own memoirs.
(b) A story about her birth parents.
(c) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(d) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
4. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A tree.
(c) An airplane.
(d) An ostrich.
5. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
2. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
3. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
4. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
5. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)