|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
2. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(c) Tai chi.
3. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(a) Hong Kong.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
4. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
(a) Railroad stations.
(c) Along roads.
5. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
(a) "The Lost Generation."
(b) "Chinese Flowers."
(c) Her daughter's "sisters."
(d) "Chinese Pearls."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
2. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
3. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
4. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
5. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)