|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
2. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "Abandoned and Unloved."
(b) "The Dying Rooms."
(c) "Growing Up Orphans."
(d) "China's Lost Children."
3. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between parent and child.
(b) Between siblings.
(c) Between spouses.
(d) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
4. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
5. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(b) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
2. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
3. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
4. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
5. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)