|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(a) Chinese citizens.
(c) Her child's birth mother.
2. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
3. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
4. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
(b) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
(c) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
5. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
(b) A baby bootie.
(c) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
(d) A soapstone Buddha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
2. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
3. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
5. Where is the author's daughter born?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)