|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
(a) "Chinese Pearls."
(b) Her daughter's "sisters."
(c) "The Lost Generation."
(d) "Chinese Flowers."
2. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Children of the mulberry bug.
(b) Mulberry wasps.
(c) Children of the wasps.
(d) Boll worm babies.
3. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
4. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
(b) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(c) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
(d) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
5. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
2. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
3. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
4. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
5. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)