|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
2. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
3. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) An elephant.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A tree.
4. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
(a) Mark's brother's wedding.
(b) Mark is promoted.
(c) Mark and Karin close on a new house.
(d) Karin's father's funeral.
5. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
2. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
3. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
4. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
5. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)