|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
(a) Their families.
(b) The clergy.
(d) Other adoptive parents.
2. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(a) Her child's birth mother.
(c) Chinese citizens.
3. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Boll worm babies.
(b) Children of the mulberry bug.
(c) Mulberry wasps.
(d) Children of the wasps.
4. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
5. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
(a) Railroad stations.
(c) Along roads.
Short Answer Questions
1. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
2. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
3. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
4. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
5. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)