|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A jade star.
(b) A silver Buddha.
(c) A jade Buddha.
(d) A silver heart.
2. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 100 million.
(b) 17 million.
(c) 70 million.
(d) 7 million.
3. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
(b) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
(c) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
(d) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
4. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
5. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(a) Tai chi.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
2. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
3. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
4. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
5. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)