|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the author's daughter born?
(c) Szechuan Province.
(d) Pearl River Delta.
2. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(b) Her child's birth mother.
(d) Chinese citizens.
3. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(b) A story about her birth parents.
(c) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(d) Her own memoirs.
5. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
2. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
3. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
4. What does Karin bury in her yard?
5. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)