|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
(a) Letters to her future child.
(c) Notes for a writing assignment.
(d) A diary.
2. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
3. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
4. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
(b) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
(c) A baby bootie.
(d) A soapstone Buddha.
5. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
2. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
3. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
4. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
5. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)