|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(c) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
(d) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
2. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
3. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(a) Tai chi.
4. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A soapstone Buddha.
(b) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
(c) A baby bootie.
(d) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
5. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
2. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
3. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
4. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
5. Where is the author's daughter born?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)