|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
(b) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
(c) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
(d) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
2. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
3. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
4. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
(a) True stories about birth parents.
(b) A way to tell about the culture from which these Chinese girls came.
(c) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(d) Her own memoirs.
5. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
(a) "Chinese Pearls."
(b) "Chinese Flowers."
(c) Her daughter's "sisters."
(d) "The Lost Generation."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karin bury in her yard?
2. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
3. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
4. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
5. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)