|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
(b) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
(c) A baby bootie.
(d) A soapstone Buddha.
2. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A tree.
(d) An elephant.
3. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
4. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) Clearance from the INS.
(b) Passing a home study by a social worker.
(c) A credit check.
(d) FBI fingerprinting.
5. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(b) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
(c) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
2. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
3. Where is the author's daughter born?
4. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
5. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)