|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
2. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
3. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
4. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
5. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) China Moon.
(b) China Doll.
(c) Paper Moon.
(d) Chinese Buddha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
2. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
3. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
4. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
5. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)