|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
2. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
(a) A contract.
(b) An intervention.
(c) A referral.
(d) An application.
3. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
4. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
5. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
(b) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
(c) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
(d) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
2. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
3. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
4. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
5. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)