|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
2. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
3. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
(b) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(d) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
4. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "The Dying Rooms."
(b) "China's Lost Children."
(c) "Abandoned and Unloved."
(d) "Growing Up Orphans."
5. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 70 million.
(b) 7 million.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 17 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
2. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
3. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
4. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
5. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)