|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Through the Chinese Looking Glass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations are in the genealogy May Wong sees?
2. What is a "shengyu zheng"?
(a) A birth permission paper.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) An adoption decree.
3. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
(a) To increase joy in life.
(b) To provide for our old age.
(c) To bring honor to the family.
(d) To provide grandchildren.
4. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
(a) True stories about birth parents.
(b) Her own memoirs.
(c) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(d) A way to tell about the culture from which these Chinese girls came.
5. What does Kelly dress up as for her second Halloween?
(a) A flower.
(b) A princess.
(c) A witch.
(d) A pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine founded by Xie Lihua?
2. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
3. Who is Mei Li?
4. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
5. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)