Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common remark about adopted children from China is particularly frustrating to their parents?
(a) That they all look the same.
(b) That they are lucky to have been rescued.
(c) That they aren't their parents "real" children.
(d) That they don't look like their parents.
2. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
3. What is the name of the web site where children adopted from China can learn about their birthplace?
(a) "My Own Story."
(b) "Where Did I Come From?"
(c) "The Way Back."
(d) "My Home Town."
4. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
(a) Their families.
(b) The clergy.
(d) Other adoptive parents.
5. In what year does "The Dying Rooms" premiere on American television?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
2. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
3. What does Karin bury in her yard?
4. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
5. What is a "hukou"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)