|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
(a) The placenta.
(b) The umbilical cord.
(c) An offering to the gods.
(d) A lock of hair.
2. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A jade Buddha.
(b) A silver Buddha.
(c) A jade star.
(d) A silver heart.
3. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
(a) Slight Change.
(b) Little Flower.
(c) Little Education.
(d) Little Jade.
4. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
5. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
(b) A puppy.
(c) A baby.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
2. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
3. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
4. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
5. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)