|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to the East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(c) Tai chi.
2. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) A tree.
(b) An elephant.
(c) An airplane.
(d) An ostrich.
3. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "The Dying Rooms."
(b) "Growing Up Orphans."
(c) "China's Lost Children."
(d) "Abandoned and Unloved."
4. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
5. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
2. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
3. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
4. Where is the author's daughter born?
5. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)