|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major catastrophe occurs in China in the late 1950s?
(a) A drought.
(b) A famine.
(c) A civil war.
(d) An earthquake.
2. What is the name of the organization that sponsors the tiger-costume event and has chapters in all major U.S. cities?
(a) Chinese Daughters.
(b) Helping Hands.
(c) Families with Children from China.
(d) Adopted from China.
3. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 13 million.
(c) 300 million.
(d) 30 million.
4. On what surface is Kelly afraid, at first, to move?
(a) Shag carpet.
5. What is Jeffrey's favorite lullaby called?
(a) "100 Grains of Rice."
(b) "The Crane Song."
(c) "Around the Mulberry Tree."
(d) "The Little Swallow."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
2. What does Karin's sister-in-law's Mexican-Chinese family call Kelly?
3. What is China's overall ratio of boys to girls in 1998?
4. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
5. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)