|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Karin's group of adoptive families have a potluck dinner?
(a) May Wong.
(c) Amy Tan.
(d) Jenny Bowen.
2. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
3. Where is Karin when she has an epiphany about how unconditionally she loves her daughter?
(a) In the orphanage.
(b) On a beach.
(c) In her kitchen.
(d) On the plane.
4. What is the name of the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Joined Hands.
(b) One World.
(c) Welcome House.
(d) Adoption International.
5. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the author's daughter born?
2. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
3. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
4. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
5. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)