|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "China's Lost Children."
(b) "Growing Up Orphans."
(c) "Abandoned and Unloved."
(d) "The Dying Rooms."
2. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(d) Jiang Zemin.
3. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
(a) A Peabody.
(b) A Nobel.
(c) An Oscar.
(d) An Emmy.
4. Which of these things is ranked as least important in a national survey of parents of adopted Chinese children?
(a) Pride in the Chinese heritage.
(b) Exposure to Chinese culture.
(c) Being able to speak Chinese at home.
(d) Being friends with other Chinese children.
5. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Chosen boys."
(b) "Boy preference."
(c) "Son preference."
(d) "Daughter disappointment."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
2. What is given to all the girls at Ming Quong on Mother's Day?
3. What does Kelly dress up as for her second Halloween?
4. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
5. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)