|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(a) Chinese citizens.
(d) Her child's birth mother.
2. What major catastrophe occurs in China in the late 1950s?
(a) A drought.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A famine.
(d) A civil war.
3. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "The Boston Globe."
(b) "The New York Times."
(c) "The Washington Post."
(d) "USA Today."
4. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Treasured one."
(b) "Extra mouth."
(c) "Bring a little brother."
(d) "Not a boy."
5. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
(a) Rice pudding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
2. What is a "shengyu zheng"?
3. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
4. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
5. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)