|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common remark about adopted children from China is particularly frustrating to their parents?
(a) That they all look the same.
(b) That they don't look like their parents.
(c) That they aren't their parents "real" children.
(d) That they are lucky to have been rescued.
2. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
(b) Other adoptive parents.
(c) The clergy.
(d) Their families.
3. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
(a) Huang Banghan.
(b) Richard Tessler.
(c) Kay Johnson.
(d) Wang Liyao.
4. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
(c) "West Side Story."
5. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Mulberry wasps.
(b) Children of the mulberry bug.
(c) Boll worm babies.
(d) Children of the wasps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
2. What major catastrophe occurs in China in the late 1950s?
3. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
4. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
5. With what does Kelly seem particularly fascinated?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)