|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
(a) "USA Today."
(b) "The New York Times."
(c) "The Boston Globe."
(d) "The Washington Post."
2. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
3. What Asian-American athlete does Evans cite as having been called "Beaten by an American"?
(a) Apollo Ono.
(b) Michelle Kwan.
(c) Kristi Yamaguchi.
(d) Michelle Wie.
4. In ancient times, what is the other meaning for the Chinese character for "wife"?
5. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
(b) A pillow.
(c) A blanket.
(d) The midwife's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
2. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
3. What is it that Chinese people traditionally eat at this October festival?
4. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
5. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)