|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Boy preference."
(b) "Son preference."
(c) "Daughter disappointment."
(d) "Chosen boys."
2. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A blue block.
(b) A baby doll.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A green cup.
3. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) A makeshift crib.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) A changing table.
(d) A rocking chair.
4. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A silver heart.
(b) A jade Buddha.
(c) A jade star.
(d) A silver Buddha.
5. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
2. What is the name of the program May Wong joins in San Francisco?
3. From what country does the wave of adoptees come to America in the 1950s?
4. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
5. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)