|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Ming Quong" mean?
(a) "Happy Home."
(b) "Blessed Children."
(c) "Radiant Light."
(d) "Brilliant Star."
2. Who is "Da Niao"?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Hannah Montana.
(c) Big Bird.
(d) Dora the Explorer.
3. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
4. For whom does Karin's group of adoptive families have a potluck dinner?
(a) Jenny Bowen.
(b) May Wong.
(d) Amy Tan.
5. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
2. What common remark about adopted children from China is particularly frustrating to their parents?
3. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
4. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
5. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)