|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A soapstone Buddha.
(b) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
(c) A baby bootie.
(d) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
2. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Mao Dynasty.
(b) The Great Leap Forward.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) The Golden Age.
3. At one time in history, what is cut into intricate pieces that fit like puzzles so that separated family could find one another?
4. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
5. What are the "baiji"?
(a) White whales.
(b) White goats.
(c) White cranes.
(d) White dolphins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a traditional Chinese saying disparaging daughters?
2. In what major newspaper is Julia Ming Gale's story told in 1996?
3. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
4. Which of these is NOT part of the new playground built at the orphanage where Kelly lived?
5. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)