|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
2. Who writes that "A child's chromosomes are an irretrievably scrambled mishmash of its grandparents' chromosomes and so on..."?
(a) Jill Ker Conway.
(b) Alex Haley.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Kahlil Gibran.
3. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
4. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between parent and child.
(b) Between spouses.
(c) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
(d) Between siblings.
5. What is an "iron rice bowl"?
(a) A popular set of dishes.
(b) Long-term job security.
(c) A type of food-stamp program.
(d) Rural China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
2. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
3. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
4. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
5. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)