|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
(a) Little Flower.
(b) Slight Change.
(c) Little Jade.
(d) Little Education.
2. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
(a) A way to tell about the culture from which these Chinese girls came.
(b) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(c) True stories about birth parents.
(d) Her own memoirs.
3. What does Karin bury in her yard?
(a) A baby bootie.
(b) A carved male figure intended to bring luck in birthing a son.
(c) A soapstone Buddha.
(d) A laminated Catholic prayer card.
4. What is a "hukou"?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) A birth permission paper.
(c) A residence registration card.
(d) An adoption decree.
5. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) A credit check.
(b) Clearance from the INS.
(c) Passing a home study by a social worker.
(d) FBI fingerprinting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
2. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
3. At one time in history, what is cut into intricate pieces that fit like puzzles so that separated family could find one another?
4. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
5. What does Evans cite as all children's worst enemy?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)