|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Search for Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) China Moon.
(b) China Doll.
(c) Paper Moon.
(d) Chinese Buddha.
2. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
(a) In a market.
(b) Beside the highway.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) Under a bridge.
3. What strange menu item from their final dinner in China does Evans mention more than once?
(a) Ostrich meat.
(b) Cow tongue.
(c) Snake meat.
(d) Lily greens.
4. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sons.
(d) Her sister.
5. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Great Leap Forward.
(b) The Golden Age.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) The Mao Dynasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
2. Where is Karin when she has her first brush with the reality of her child not resembling her physically?
3. What major news magazine runs a cover story on genealogy in 1999?
4. Where is the author's daughter born?
5. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)