|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(a) Hong Kong.
2. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(c) Disney World.
(d) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Show no emotion."
(b) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(c) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(d) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
4. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Son preference."
(b) "Boy preference."
(c) "Daughter disappointment."
(d) "Chosen boys."
5. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
(a) Karin's father's funeral.
(b) Mark's brother's wedding.
(c) Mark and Karin close on a new house.
(d) Mark is promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
2. Who is Mei Li?
3. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
4. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
5. What are the "baiji"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)