|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
2. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
(a) Her footprint.
(b) She is handed to them.
(c) They see her through a window.
(d) A photograph.
3. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
(a) Baby guerrillas.
(b) Birth smugglers.
(c) Birth vigilantes.
(d) Birth guerrillas.
4. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
(a) Little Education.
(b) Slight Change.
(c) Little Jade.
(d) Little Flower.
5. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(d) Tai chi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
2. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
3. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
4. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
5. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)