|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Jiang Zemin.
2. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
(b) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
(c) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
(d) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
3. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A tree.
(d) An airplane.
4. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
(a) An adoptee from China who adopted a baby from China.
(b) Two single parents of Chinese adoptees married.
(c) A mother and daughter who each adopted a baby.
(d) Three sisters who each adopted a baby.
5. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
(a) An intervention.
(b) A contract.
(c) An application.
(d) A referral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
2. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
3. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
4. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
5. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)