|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(d) Jiang Zemin.
2. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
3. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Children of the wasps.
(b) Children of the mulberry bug.
(c) Boll worm babies.
(d) Mulberry wasps.
4. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
(b) A kitten.
(c) A baby.
(d) A puppy.
5. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
2. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
3. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
4. How does the author refer to other girls adopted from China?
5. Which other country is NOT mentioned as a frequent home of Chinese adoptees?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)