|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
(b) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
(c) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
2. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(b) A story about her birth parents.
(c) Her own memoirs.
(d) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
3. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(c) Jiang Zemin.
(d) Mao Zedong.
4. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
(a) The clergy.
(b) Other adoptive parents.
(c) Their families.
5. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) FBI fingerprinting.
(b) A credit check.
(c) Clearance from the INS.
(d) Passing a home study by a social worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
2. What does Karin bury in her yard?
3. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
4. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
5. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)