|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A blue block.
(d) A green cup.
2. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
3. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Mao Dynasty.
(b) The Great Leap Forward.
(c) The Golden Age.
(d) The New Deal.
4. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
(a) A baby.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
5. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(b) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(c) "Show no emotion."
(d) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
2. What are the "baiji"?
3. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
4. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
5. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)