|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
(b) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
(c) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
(d) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
2. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(b) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(c) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(d) "Show no emotion."
3. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
(a) They see her through a window.
(b) She is handed to them.
(c) Her footprint.
(d) A photograph.
4. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(d) Hong Kong.
5. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
2. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
3. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
4. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
5. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)