|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
(b) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
(d) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
2. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 17 million.
(b) 7 million.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 70 million.
3. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eighteen months.
4. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) Chinese Buddha.
(b) China Moon.
(c) China Doll.
(d) Paper Moon.
5. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
2. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
3. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
4. Where is the author's daughter born?
5. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)