|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
2. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A silver Buddha.
(b) A jade star.
(c) A jade Buddha.
(d) A silver heart.
3. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
(c) Chinese citizens.
(d) Her child's birth mother.
4. What do Chinese officials call women who flee their hometowns to give birth?
(a) Birth vigilantes.
(b) Baby guerrillas.
(c) Birth smugglers.
(d) Birth guerrillas.
5. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
(a) Little Jade.
(b) Slight Change.
(c) Little Education.
(d) Little Flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
2. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
3. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
4. What is a "hutang"?
5. What does the author say the book is for a general audience?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)