|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A jade Buddha.
(b) A silver heart.
(c) A silver Buddha.
(d) A jade star.
2. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
3. What is the common name of the system that favors boys over girls?
(a) "Chosen boys."
(b) "Son preference."
(c) "Daughter disappointment."
(d) "Boy preference."
4. What does the author say the book is for her daughter?
(a) Her own memoirs.
(b) A way to tell her about the culture from which she came.
(c) A way to fill in the blanks of an important human interaction.
(d) A story about her birth parents.
5. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
2. What are the "baiji"?
3. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
4. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
5. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)