|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between parent and child.
(b) Between siblings.
(c) Between spouses.
(d) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
2. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
(a) Mark and Karin close on a new house.
(b) Mark's brother's wedding.
(c) Mark is promoted.
(d) Karin's father's funeral.
3. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
4. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) A tree.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) An elephant.
(d) An airplane.
5. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A silver heart.
(b) A jade star.
(c) A jade Buddha.
(d) A silver Buddha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
2. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
3. As of the writing of the book, approximately how many Chinese-born girls are living in the United States?
4. How old is the author's daughter when they adopt her?
5. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)