|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first major hurdle Karin and Mark have to clear in the adoption process?
(a) A credit check.
(b) Clearance from the INS.
(c) FBI fingerprinting.
(d) Passing a home study by a social worker.
2. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
3. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(a) Hong Kong.
4. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Treasured one."
(b) "Extra mouth."
(c) "Bring a little brother."
(d) "Not a boy."
5. Where is the author's daughter born?
(b) Szechuan Province.
(d) Pearl River Delta.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
2. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
3. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
4. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
5. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)