|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A silver heart.
(b) A jade star.
(c) A jade Buddha.
(d) A silver Buddha.
2. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Extra mouth."
(b) "Treasured one."
(c) "Bring a little brother."
(d) "Not a boy."
3. What is a "hutang"?
(a) A small meal including tea and crackers.
(b) A Chinese dumpling dish.
(c) A popular stuffed infant toy in China.
(d) An old, walled Chinese neighborhood.
4. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
(a) Her footprint.
(b) A photograph.
(c) She is handed to them.
(d) They see her through a window.
5. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(a) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
2. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
3. During what dynasty is China's family system based on male lineage first laid out?
4. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
5. Which of these is NOT mentioned as a place where babies are abandoned?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)