|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the author's daughter born?
(b) Pearl River Delta.
(d) Szechuan Province.
2. In an old Chinese proverb, what do people try to describe by touching one part of it?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A tree.
(c) An airplane.
(d) An ostrich.
3. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Rio de Janeiro.
(d) Hong Kong.
4. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) Paper Moon.
(b) Chinese Buddha.
(c) China Moon.
(d) China Doll.
5. Who is China's second sage?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(d) Kublai Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
2. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
3. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
4. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
5. What is the name of Karin and Mark's new puppy?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)