|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(c) Hong Kong.
2. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 100 million.
(b) 70 million.
(c) 17 million.
(d) 7 million.
3. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(b) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(c) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(d) "Show no emotion."
4. What is a "hutang"?
(a) A small meal including tea and crackers.
(b) An old, walled Chinese neighborhood.
(c) A popular stuffed infant toy in China.
(d) A Chinese dumpling dish.
5. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
(b) A blanket.
(c) The midwife's hand.
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how long does it take for adoptive parents to move from the first meeting in an adoption agency to meeting their child?
2. Which of these groups is NOT one the author and her husband sought support from?
3. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
4. Which of these is NOT a source of the author's story?
5. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)