|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 7 million.
(b) 100 million.
(c) 70 million.
(d) 17 million.
2. What human tie does Evans call one of the deepest possible?
(a) Between spouses.
(b) Between parent and child.
(c) Between siblings.
(d) Between grandparents and grandchildren.
3. Who is Mei Li?
(a) The head of the orphanage.
(b) Their baby's birth mother.
(c) An old friend of Karin's.
(d) Their new baby.
4. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
(a) In the United States.
(c) Hong Kong.
5. What does Karin think is in the bundle a young woman tries to give her?
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "hutang"?
2. Who is China's second sage?
3. How many Chinese girls are flown into the United States every month?
4. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
5. What unusual circumstances involving Chinese adoption exists in one Southern family?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)