|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Chinese government's strict population-control policy go into effect?
2. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Bring a little brother."
(b) "Not a boy."
(c) "Extra mouth."
(d) "Treasured one."
3. Which of these places is NOT mentioned as a new home of a Chinese baby?
(c) Los Angeles.
4. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
5. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(b) Mao Zedong.
(d) Jiang Zemin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when the parents' dossiers are matched with a Chinese child?
2. Who is Mei Li?
3. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
4. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
5. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)