|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
2. What are the "baiji"?
(a) White whales.
(b) White goats.
(c) White dolphins.
(d) White cranes.
3. What is the estimated cost of adopting a child from China?
4. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(a) Jiang Zemin.
(d) Mao Zedong.
5. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
(a) She is handed to them.
(b) Her footprint.
(c) They see her through a window.
(d) A photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leader celebrated the idea of "glorious mothers having more babies"?
2. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
3. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
4. How old is the child that will be Karin and Mark's daughter when they receive their referral?
5. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)