|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
(a) 7 million.
(b) 17 million.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 70 million.
2. What is "jook"?
(a) Rice pudding.
(c) Baby food.
3. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Mao Dynasty.
(b) The Golden Age.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) The Great Leap Forward.
4. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
(a) Disney World.
(b) Trump's Castle Casino Resort.
5. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
2. What organization does adoptive mother Jenny Bowen found?
3. What is the meaning of "Xiao," the first part of all the little girls' names?
4. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
5. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)