|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT part of the new playground built at the orphanage where Kelly lived?
(a) A slide.
(b) A sandbox.
(d) A Mickey Mouse ride.
2. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
(b) Tai chi.
3. What fact does Evans mention about adopting children over the age of ten?
(a) They are only adopted within China.
(b) They must agree to the adoption.
(c) They are always placed in pairs.
(d) They cannot be adopted at all.
4. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(c) Hong Kong.
5. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(b) "Show no emotion."
(c) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(d) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
2. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
3. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
4. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
5. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)