|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(a) Hong Kong.
2. What fact does Evans mention about adopting children over the age of ten?
(a) They are only adopted within China.
(b) They must agree to the adoption.
(c) They are always placed in pairs.
(d) They cannot be adopted at all.
3. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 13 million.
(c) 300 million.
(d) 30 million.
4. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
(a) "Link your hearts to orphans' hearts."
(b) "Adopt an orphan!"
(c) "Let kind-hearted people give orphans a big hug."
(d) "Help orphans in every way."
5. What does it mean when the street vendors call "you liangge yo-o-o"?
(a) "They are blond!"
(b) "Look, Americans!"
(c) "There are two of them!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
2. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
3. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
4. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
5. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)