|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women are forcibly sterilized during campaigns in 1983 and 1991?
(a) 300 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 13 million.
(d) 30 million.
2. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) Paper Moon.
(b) Chinese Buddha.
(c) China Moon.
(d) China Doll.
3. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
(a) "Leave It to Beaver."
(b) "Little Rascals."
(c) "The Brady Bunch."
(d) "The Partridge Family."
4. Which of these is NOT a traditional Chinese saying disparaging daughters?
(a) "It is more profitable to raise geese than daughters."
(b) "Boys are a blessing; girls are a curse."
(c) "When fishing for treasures in the flood, be careful not to pull in girls."
(d) "Girls are maggots in the rice."
5. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) In a market.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) Beside the highway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous writer travels to Beijing to speak only to have the speech canceled at the last minute?
2. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
3. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
4. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
5. What is a "hutang"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)