|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
(c) The Czech Republic.
2. What is the period of Mao Zedong's reforms called?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) The Mao Dynasty.
(d) The Great Leap Forward.
3. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A blue block.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A green cup.
4. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
(d) Poison by agricultural pesticide.
5. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
2. What does Karin put in the notebook decorated with Chinese characters?
3. What is "jook"?
4. Where does Karin live in her early journalistic career?
5. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)