|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a traditional Chinese saying disparaging daughters?
(a) "Boys are a blessing; girls are a curse."
(b) "Girls are maggots in the rice."
(c) "It is more profitable to raise geese than daughters."
(d) "When fishing for treasures in the flood, be careful not to pull in girls."
2. Who is Mei Li?
(a) An old friend of Karin's.
(b) The head of the orphanage.
(c) Their baby's birth mother.
(d) Their new baby.
3. In what year does China loosen the restrictions demanding that adoptive parents take "special-needs" children?
4. Which of these is NOT part of the new playground built at the orphanage where Kelly lived?
(a) A sandbox.
(b) A slide.
(c) A Mickey Mouse ride.
5. What is Jiang Xiao Yu holding when she meets her parents?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A blue block.
(c) A green cup.
(d) A stuffed bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
2. What is "jook"?
3. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
4. What practice does Karin take up to help her de-stress?
5. In what year does the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Women go into effect?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)