|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the necklace Karin buys in the farmers' market?
(a) A jade star.
(b) A silver Buddha.
(c) A jade Buddha.
(d) A silver heart.
2. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
3. At one time in history, what is cut into intricate pieces that fit like puzzles so that separated family could find one another?
4. What are the "baiji"?
(a) White goats.
(b) White whales.
(c) White dolphins.
(d) White cranes.
5. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
2. In Adeline Yen Mah's memoir, what does she call a cheap commodity in China?
3. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
4. Which of these is NOT an interpretation of Kelly's given Chinese name?
5. What is the title of the Corky Merwin film that shows a positive side of Chinese orphanages?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)