|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does China enact an international adoption law?
2. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) China Moon.
(b) Paper Moon.
(c) China Doll.
(d) Chinese Buddha.
3. What is the "dark side" to which Chinese journalists refer?
(b) Abandoned babies.
(c) Human trafficking in young women.
(d) Forced abortions.
4. What major event occurs three days before Mark and Karin leave for China?
(a) Mark is promoted.
(b) Mark's brother's wedding.
(c) Mark and Karin close on a new house.
(d) Karin's father's funeral.
5. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
(a) A Peabody.
(b) An Emmy.
(c) A Nobel.
(d) An Oscar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wars of foreign aggression has China endured in the past 300 years?
2. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
3. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
4. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
5. What novel does Evans mention as having a character who strangles a newborn girl?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)