|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
(a) 300 million.
(b) 30 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 13 million.
2. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
(a) Beside the highway.
(b) In a market.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) In a dumpster.
3. According to a folk tale Karin read, what are adopted children in China sometimes called?
(a) Children of the wasps.
(b) Boll worm babies.
(c) Children of the mulberry bug.
(d) Mulberry wasps.
4. What major catastrophe occurs in China in the late 1950s?
(a) A drought.
(b) A famine.
(c) A civil war.
(d) An earthquake.
5. Who is China's second sage?
(b) Kublai Khan.
(d) Mao Zedong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the popular name of legendary heroine Fa Mu Lan?
2. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
3. In what country is SOS Kinderdorf International based?
4. What is the "dark side" to which Chinese journalists refer?
5. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)