|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Mark name as his ideal father?
(a) Mr. Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) Atticus Finch, "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(c) Dr. Huxtable, "The Cosby Show."
(d) Daddy Warbucks, "Annie."
2. What award does "The Dying Rooms" win?
(a) An Emmy.
(b) An Oscar.
(c) A Nobel.
(d) A Peabody.
3. Who says, "Women and people of low birth are hard to deal with"?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Jiang Zemin.
4. Which of these is NOT a campaign mentioned from Shanghai and Beijing?
(a) "Link your hearts to orphans' hearts."
(b) "Adopt an orphan!"
(c) "Help orphans in every way."
(d) "Let kind-hearted people give orphans a big hug."
5. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) Paper Moon.
(b) Chinese Buddha.
(c) China Moon.
(d) China Doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "dark side" to which Chinese journalists refer?
2. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
3. What is the literal translation of "shaying tang"?
4. What is the first glimpse Karin and Mark get of their baby?
5. What is the title of Human Rights Watch/Asia's 1996 documentary?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)