|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
(a) Fried mulberry leaves.
(b) Fried silkworms.
(c) Fried moths.
(d) Fried grasshoppers.
2. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) The groundskeeper.
(c) The doorkeeper.
(d) The cook.
3. Which of these is NOT an item mentioned as having been found with an abandoned baby?
(a) String bracelets.
(b) A stuffed panda bear.
(c) A bag of rice.
(d) A yam.
4. How many people are estimated to have died during the disaster that occurred in the late 1950s?
(a) 30 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 300 million.
(d) 13 million.
5. What is the title of the British documentary about Chinese orphanages?
(a) "Growing Up Orphans."
(b) "The Dying Rooms."
(c) "Abandoned and Unloved."
(d) "China's Lost Children."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number of people in China the government admitted was too poor to afford clothes and food?
2. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
3. What is a natural ratio of boys to girls at birth?
4. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
5. In what year does China change to a "one son or two child policy"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)