|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used by midwives to smother newborn baby girls?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A pillow.
(d) The midwife's hand.
2. About how many of China's thousand-plus orphanages do adoption agencies have contact with?
3. At one time in history, what is cut into intricate pieces that fit like puzzles so that separated family could find one another?
4. What is the translation of the name given to many girls born into families without sons?
(a) "Extra mouth."
(b) "Not a boy."
(c) "Bring a little brother."
(d) "Treasured one."
5. What is the meaning of the surname "Jiang," given to the babies at Kelly's orphanage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mei Li?
2. What is the most common method used to commit suicide by Chinese rural women?
3. In what year does the government announce its "one-child policy"?
4. After a baby is born, what do rural Chinese people bury outside the home if it is a girl, and inside if it is a boy?
5. Who is China's second sage?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)