|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matters of Life and Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zhang Shuyun?
(a) A Chinese government official.
(b) A Chinese filmmaker.
(c) A Chinese orphanage caretaker.
(d) A Chinese physician.
2. Who is it that parents photograph at one orphanage where they are the first people to pick up the babies?
(a) The doorkeeper.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The groundskeeper.
(d) The cook.
3. Jenny Bowen remembers a little girl left behind who is very proud of what possession?
(a) A locket.
(b) String bracelets.
(c) A book.
(d) A doll.
4. What book does Karin mention is one of her favorites?
(a) "Look Homeward Angel," Thomas Wolfe.
(b) "Jane Eyre," Charlotte Bronte.
(c) "Of Mice and Men," John Steinbeck.
(d) "Uncle Tom's Cabin," Harriet Beecher Stowe.
5. What is a "hukou"?
(a) An adoption decree.
(b) A birth permission paper.
(c) A residence registration card.
(d) A marriage license.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what magazine does Jill Smolowe, adoptive mother and writer, work?
2. What is the name of the ship Karin watches sail under the Golden Gate Bridge?
3. Of what TV show does Mark say the "soy or milk" formula debate reminds him?
4. What does Karin bury in her yard?
5. Who is China's second sage?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)