|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
(a) To provide grandchildren.
(b) To provide for our old age.
(c) To bring honor to the family.
(d) To increase joy in life.
2. What American icon does Karin see painted on trashcans in Guanzhou?
(b) The Golden Arches.
(c) The Kentucky Fried Colonel.
3. To what Broadway show's music does Kelly fall asleep in White Cloud Park?
(b) "West Side Story."
4. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her sons.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
5. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(b) "Show no emotion."
(c) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(d) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Max?
2. What religious sect always deliberately puts a flaw in their quilts?
3. What is printed on the T-shirt Kelly wore from the orphanage?
4. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
5. What are the "baiji"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)