|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pattern is the quilt on Karin's bed?
(a) Wedding Ring.
(b) Flying Geese.
(d) Log Cabin.
2. What is a regional delicacy in Guangzhou that Karin is told tastes like peanuts?
(a) Fried silkworms.
(b) Fried grasshoppers.
(c) Fried mulberry leaves.
(d) Fried moths.
3. Where are Karin and Mark told their daughter was found?
(a) In a dumpster.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) Beside the highway.
(d) In a market.
4. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
(a) "Do not speak unless spoken to."
(b) "Make yourself a joy to deal with."
(c) "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(d) "Show no emotion."
5. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
(a) Day of Forgiveness.
(b) Day of Remembrance.
(c) Day of Reckoning.
(d) Day of Reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Chinese festival is held in October?
2. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
3. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
4. Into what city do Karin and Mark fly first?
5. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)