|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mark and Karin find between their beds in the hotel room?
(a) A changing table.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) A makeshift crib.
(d) A rocking chair.
2. Who is Mei Li?
(a) Their baby's birth mother.
(b) An old friend of Karin's.
(c) The head of the orphanage.
(d) Their new baby.
3. What Akira Kurosawa film that ends with the finding of a baby does Karin watch?
(a) "One Wonderful Sunday."
(b) "Seven Samurai."
(c) "The Idiot."
4. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
(b) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
(c) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
(d) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
5. What does Chinese legend say brings two lovers together?
(b) An invisible red string.
(c) Magnetic force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
2. What Chinese festival is held in October?
3. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
4. Of what does Karin receive photographs from a young woman in China?
5. With whom does Amy DeNucci travel to adopt Chinese babies?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)