|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is a reason given by Chinese couples who adopted abandoned baby girls?
(a) To increase joy in life.
(b) To provide for our old age.
(c) To provide grandchildren.
(d) To bring honor to the family.
2. What is a "hutang"?
(a) A Chinese dumpling dish.
(b) An old, walled Chinese neighborhood.
(c) A popular stuffed infant toy in China.
(d) A small meal including tea and crackers.
3. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
(a) A duck.
(b) A cat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A donkey.
4. What Native American tribe always deliberately weaves an imperfection into their rugs?
5. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
(a) Eight cranes flew in with grains of rice.
(b) Six cows came from Beijing bearing mulberry tree seeds.
(c) Eight muberry trees sprouted spontaneously.
(d) Six goats came from the sky with grains of rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ancient temple the group of adopting parents visit with their babies?
2. At what internationally famous restaurant does the group of adopting parents eat after getting the babies?
3. What does Kelly call motorcycles?
4. Where is it that all adopted Chinese babies must pass through?
5. Which of these professors is NOT part of the study on infant abandonment in China?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)