|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Light of the Autumn Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what percentage of families who abandon babies is the decision made by the father?
2. What is Kelly's one Cantonese word?
3. What is the other name for this Chinese October holiday?
(a) Day of Reckoning.
(b) Day of Remembrance.
(c) Day of Forgiveness.
(d) Day of Reunion.
4. Who is Mei Li?
(a) The head of the orphanage.
(b) Their baby's birth mother.
(c) Their new baby.
(d) An old friend of Karin's.
5. What famous novelist founds the first international adoption agency in the United States?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) Pearl S. Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Native American tribe always deliberately weaves an imperfection into their rugs?
2. Where is China's leader, Jiang Zemin, at the time Karin and Mark fly to China?
3. What is the local legend about the founding of Guanzhou?
4. What message does Max give the adoptive parents before they head out to start collecting official permissions?
5. What animal's sound does Kelly imitate?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)