|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is driving the Jeep that is racing after the circular cage?
2. Why do the Jeep's occupants decide to head for the abandoned compound instead returning to the trailer?
3. On the dock trying to find a boat to take her to the island, what catches Sarah Harding's attention?
4. After joining Levine in the high hide, the group watches what kind of herd face down a single raptor?
5. Using the video cameras that he has activated, what does Arby see on his monitor that he warns the three men is approaching their location?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Levine respond when Malcolm and Thorne berate him for coming to Costa Rica alone and without telling the others where he was going?
2. While King has risen up through the ranks of the corporate spies, what has he struggled to do since joining Biosyn?
3. How do Kelly, Malcolm, and Harding escape from the trailer?
4. When the men unpack the vehicles, why is Eddie Carr so relieved that they start properly?
5. Describe the type and behavior of dinosaur that is attacking the high hide?
6. After the raptors roll the cage away, what does Kelly tell the others about the lone raptor that went off on its own?
7. The man who is out searching for gas begins to ponder why the raptors are not following them any longer. What is his theory?
8. Why does Levine insist that the tyrannosaurus rex that chases them is not truly a danger to them?
9. What is the purpose of Hammond's Site B?
10. Describe the appearance of the raptor nest.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Ed James, Doc Thorne, Lewis Dodgson, and Sarah Harding.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the overriding beliefs the following characters had before they went to Isla Sorna and how those beliefs were changed by the events that transpired on the island: Levine, Harding, Malcolm, and Thorne.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Sarah Harding and Richard Levine in terms of their personality characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses. How does Harding's stabilizing presence work in harmony with Levine's impetuous nature? How do they work against each other? Without Harding's presence on the island, would Levine have survived the island? Why or why not?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)