|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Levine's party stands together in the high hide, what does Levine drop carelessly to the ground?
2. What type of dinosaurs surround the Jeep and rip it to shreds?
3. Who offers Sarah Harding a ride to Isla Sorna?
4. Which one of the people in the high hide is the first to fall to the ground?
5. Why is Levine not concerned about the dinosaurs that are approaching the high hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Dodgson is carried off by the adult tyrannosaur, the dinosaur does not kill and eat Dodgson. Why?
2. When the men unpack the vehicles, why is Eddie Carr so relieved that they start properly?
3. Why does Levine insist that the tyrannosaurus rex that chases them is not truly a danger to them?
4. Eddie wants to splint the baby dinosaur's broken leg so it won't die in the wild. Harding warns him that the cast will kill the baby, too. Why and what does Harding propose?
5. How do Kelly, Malcolm, and Harding escape from the trailer?
6. Why is the decision made to tag and release the baby dinosaurs on Isla Sorna?
7. Describe the appearance of the raptor nest.
8. What is the purpose of Hammond's Site B?
9. Based on the discussion between Levine, Malcolm, Thorne, and Arby regarding apatosaurs, why do these dinosaurs probably have long necks?
10. When the men move out from their landing site, why do they decide to head north?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Sarah Harding and Richard Levine in terms of their personality characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses. How does Harding's stabilizing presence work in harmony with Levine's impetuous nature? How do they work against each other? Without Harding's presence on the island, would Levine have survived the island? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Richard Levine at the beginning of the book - the man whose overriding goal is to discover the lost world. What is his motivation? What drives him? Then, discuss the frightened and timid Levine in the middle of the book - the man who wants to lock doors and hide from the dinosaurs. What is his motivation? What drives him? How do the events that happen between these two personalities change Levine from the dreamer to the realist? Who is Levine at the end of the book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the overriding beliefs the following characters had before they went to Isla Sorna and how those beliefs were changed by the events that transpired on the island: Levine, Harding, Malcolm, and Thorne.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)