|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using the video cameras that he has activated, what does Arby see on his monitor that he warns the three men is approaching their location?
2. Who is trapped in the circular cage that the raptors are trying to escape with?
3. Just as the dinosaurs are about to pass by the high hide without incident, what catches the attention of one of the dinosaurs?
4. What do Harding and Malcolm fashion the baby dinosaur's cast out of?
5. Who takes off on the motorcycle to find the abandoned Explorer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Levine insist that the tyrannosaurus rex that chases them is not truly a danger to them?
2. How does Levine respond when Malcolm and Thorne berate him for coming to Costa Rica alone and without telling the others where he was going?
3. Why is the decision made to tag and release the baby dinosaurs on Isla Sorna?
4. When the dinosaur that Arby warned the three men about sees the Explorer, what does the dinosaur do, and why?
5. What is the purpose of Hammond's Site B?
6. Describe the type and behavior of dinosaur that is attacking the high hide?
7. Describe the appearance of the raptor nest.
8. The man who is out searching for gas begins to ponder why the raptors are not following them any longer. What is his theory?
9. Eddie wants to splint the baby dinosaur's broken leg so it won't die in the wild. Harding warns him that the cast will kill the baby, too. Why and what does Harding propose?
10. How do Kelly, Malcolm, and Harding escape from the trailer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George Baselton wears different masks in the story. Both a respected Stanford professor and the mastermind behind the Isla Sorna escapade, Baselton is a study in contradictions. Identify, then compare and contrast the different sides of Baselton. How would Baselton's master plan to steal the dinosaur eggs from Isla Sorna have been affected if he had not been seen as an above-board researcher? Why is it necessary for Baselton to wear different masks?
Essay Topic 2
There are many people who travel to Isla Sorna who do not leave Isla Sorna. Identify at least three people killed on the island. Compare and contrast each of these deaths being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have - or should have - been learned from each of these deaths by the island's survivors?
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled, "The Lost World". Why does the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the creatures used in the novel, the events that unfold on the island, and the choice of Ian Malcolm as one of the main characters?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)