|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is the high hide that Levine's group assembles on Isla Sorna?
(a) Fifteen feet.
(b) Twelve feet.
(c) Twenty feet.
(d) Ten feet.
2. After joining Levine in the high hide, the group watches what kind of herd face down a single raptor?
(a) A compy herd.
(b) A stegosaur herd.
(c) A triceratops herd.
(d) An apatosaur herd.
3. According to what Thorne tells the man who warns them about Isla Sorna, when are Thorne, Carr, and Malcolm planning to leave Isla Sorna?
(a) Within one week.
(b) Within two days.
(c) Within five days.
(d) Within two weeks.
4. As Harding walks through the jungle, she climbs a tree to safety as predator dinosaurs attack another herd. How many predators attack?
5. As the person who left to find the Explorer hides beneath the found SUV, whose muddy boots come into view?
(a) King's boots.
(b) Arby's boots.
(c) Dodgson's boots.
(d) Levine's boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dodgson clear the dinosaur nests of adults so the other men can steal the dinosaur eggs?
2. As Levine's party stands together in the high hide, what does Levine drop carelessly to the ground?
3. How is the sneaky approach of the raptors - using what seems to be a lone raptor - revealed to the occupants of the high hide?
4. Instead of thanking his rescuer for saving him from the charging dinosaur, what does Levine do?
5. Why is Levine not concerned about the dinosaurs that are approaching the high hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Levine insist that the tyrannosaurus rex that chases them is not truly a danger to them?
2. Eddie wants to splint the baby dinosaur's broken leg so it won't die in the wild. Harding warns him that the cast will kill the baby, too. Why and what does Harding propose?
3. How does Levine respond when Malcolm and Thorne berate him for coming to Costa Rica alone and without telling the others where he was going?
4. After the raptors roll the cage away, what does Kelly tell the others about the lone raptor that went off on its own?
5. What is the purpose of Hammond's Site B?
6. Why is the decision made to tag and release the baby dinosaurs on Isla Sorna?
7. How is the dinosaur kill site that Harding sees different from anything she has seen before in Africa?
8. After Dodgson is carried off by the adult tyrannosaur, the dinosaur does not kill and eat Dodgson. Why?
9. When the dinosaur that Arby warned the three men about sees the Explorer, what does the dinosaur do, and why?
10. Describe the type and behavior of dinosaur that is attacking the high hide?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)