|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "K" in K-T boundary stand for?
2. What does Levine learn about the handling of the carcasses that infuriates him?
(a) The carcasses have all been buried.
(b) The carcasses have all been destroyed.
(c) The carcasses have all been dismembered.
(d) The carcasses have all been sent to Harvard for study.
3. Levine is upset to realize that someone has been to view the carcass before he arrives. Who beats Levine there?
(a) The Public Health Department.
(b) The Costa Rican Army.
(c) The Biosyn Security Team.
(d) The InGen Cover Team.
4. According to the person who first notified Levine of the carcass, where have numerous other carcasses been turning up in Costa Rica?
(a) Near a soybean farm.
(b) Near the town dump.
(c) Near a mining facility.
(d) Near a small village.
5. Where are high levels of iridium typically found?
(b) Moon rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man hired by Biosyn to help the company clean up its image?
2. What is the name of the person who stands and interrupts Malcolm's lecture?
3. Why can no one present discuss the events that transpired on InGen's Costa Rican island?
4. What have the windows and walls of the research trailer been reinforced with?
5. After overhearing the telephone conversation in the San Jose airport, who does Levine immediately call?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the theory of evolution was first presented, there was very little debate. Why?
2. According to the Biosyn spy, why is Levine teaching a class at Woodside Junior High?
3. Identify and describe the theory supported by the high levels of iridium at the K-T boundary.
4. According to Malcolm's speech, what is the average rate of extinction on the planet?
5. Why do the other girls at school taunt Kelly?
6. Why, in Malcolm's opinion, is his extinction theory untestable?
7. The head of Biosyn dislikes Dodgson, but likes having him around. Why?
8. Why does Levine hire Kelly and Arby to run errands for him?
9. Why is Kelly thrilled to learn that Thorne will call Sarah Harding if he can't reach Levine on the sat phone?
10. What is reductionism? Is it useful in complexity theory or not?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)