|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ian Malcolm's profession?
2. Where is the helicopter flying in order for Levine to view the carcass?
(d) Isla Nublar.
3. When are the high levels of iridium at the K-T boundary discovered?
4. With what school is the person who stands and interrupts Malcolm's lecture associated?
5. How much of Biosyn's money has Dodgson lost in his corporate espionage attempts?
(a) $2.5 million.
(b) $1.25 million.
(c) $3.75 million.
(d) $1.75 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kelly goes into Thorne's office to say goodbye, who does she learn will be accompanying Malcolm and Thorne on the trip to Costa Rica?
2. Where is the concept of a technomyth developed?
3. Who does Malcolm contact to study the sample from the carcass he receives from Levine?
4. While other species in the animal kingdom fight for food, what do humans - in Malcolm's opinion - fight for?
5. In the 1840s, who calls the giant fossils that he finds "Dinosauria"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the theory of evolution was first presented, there was very little debate. Why?
2. What do the members of Malcolm's audience have in common?
3. According to Victorian-era scientists, what are dinosaurs like?
4. Why is Jack Thorne, who was once a Stanford professor, much happier away from academia?
5. How does Dodgson convince the head of Biosyn to allow Dodgson one more opportunity to successfully gain the dinosaur DNA he has been seeking?
6. Describe the type of behavior that is common to all complex systems.
7. The head of Biosyn dislikes Dodgson, but likes having him around. Why?
8. What is the "Edge of Chaos"?
9. Why does the tissue sample that Malcolm sends to his contact at the zoo for analysis cause a stir at the zoo?
10. Why can complex systems only flourish at the "Edge of Chaos"?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)