|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two behaviors are of particular interest to the study of evolution?
(a) Balance and structure.
(b) Extinction and adaptation.
(c) Adaptation and structure.
(d) Adaptation and balance.
2. In what year is extinction first demonstrated?
3. When Kelly goes into Thorne's office to say goodbye, who does she learn will be accompanying Malcolm and Thorne on the trip to Costa Rica?
(a) Sarah Harding.
(b) Lewis Dodgson.
(c) Ed James.
(d) Beverly Ranson.
4. What is the name of the man who first demonstrates that species become extinct?
(a) Luis Alvarez.
(b) Ian Malcolm.
(c) George Cuvier.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. Who does Malcolm contact to study the sample from the carcass he receives from Levine?
(a) George Baselton.
(b) Elizabeth Gelman.
(c) Ed James.
(d) Sarah Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man hired by Biosyn to spy on the people who had been involved with the InGen project?
2. What is the name of Thorne's foreman?
3. What is Malcolm known for amongst his peers?
4. According to Malcolm, why are humans so interested in the decline of the dinosaur?
5. What does Levine have a reputation for being?
Short Essay Questions
1. The head of Biosyn dislikes Dodgson, but likes having him around. Why?
2. Why is Kelly thrilled to learn that Thorne will call Sarah Harding if he can't reach Levine on the sat phone?
3. How does Dodgson convince the head of Biosyn to allow Dodgson one more opportunity to successfully gain the dinosaur DNA he has been seeking?
4. Identify and describe the theory supported by the high levels of iridium at the K-T boundary.
5. According to Malcolm's speech, what is the average rate of extinction on the planet?
6. According to the Biosyn spy, why is Levine teaching a class at Woodside Junior High?
7. What do the members of Malcolm's audience have in common?
8. According to Malcolm's speech, what is life marked by?
9. According to Victorian-era scientists, what are dinosaurs like?
10. Why does Levine hire Kelly and Arby to run errands for him?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)