|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the dock trying to find a boat to take her to the island, what catches Sarah Harding's attention?
(a) A designer yacht.
(c) A Jeep Wrangler.
(d) Lab equipment.
2. What kind of dinosaur kills the man trying to make his way to the river?
(a) An apatosaur.
(b) A raptor.
(c) A tyrannosaur.
(d) A compy.
3. Who takes off on the motorcycle to find the abandoned Explorer?
4. As the man who went searching for gas leaves the storage shed, what does the man hear?
5. How is the sneaky approach of the raptors - using what seems to be a lone raptor - revealed to the occupants of the high hide?
(a) A lightning flash.
(b) Headlights from the Jeep.
(c) A flashlight beam.
(d) A raptor call.
6. Why is Levine not concerned about the dinosaurs that are approaching the high hide?
(a) Because the high hide is downwind from their approach.
(b) Because the high hide is high enough.
(c) Because the high hide is stable.
(d) Because the high hide is camouflaged.
7. What color is the vehicle that Dodgson brings to the island?
8. As Malcolm, Thorne, and Carr continue to explore the complex, what are they surprised to find?
(b) Electrical power.
(d) Gas cans.
9. What does Levine's rescuer find as he goes after Levine?
(a) A tyrannosaur nest.
(b) A triceratops nest.
(c) A compy nest.
(d) A raptor nest.
10. Where do the raptors take the circular cage?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the compound.
(c) To the cliff.
(d) To their nest.
11. How high do the dinosaurs leap into the air in an attempt to reach the people in the high hide?
(a) Eight feet.
(b) Five feet.
(c) Ten feet.
(d) Six feet.
12. When Levine's rescuer finds him, where is Levine?
(a) Under a tree trunk.
(b) Under a bush.
(c) In a tree.
(d) On a rope bridge.
13. After fleeing from the compys, where does Dodgson find shelter?
(a) In a concrete shed.
(b) At the compound.
(c) In the high hide.
(d) In the trailer.
14. When Harding awakens on the riverbank, what is licking her face?
(a) A stegosaurus.
(b) A raptor.
(c) A triceratops.
(d) A compy.
15. Why do the Jeep's occupants decide to head for the abandoned compound instead returning to the trailer?
(a) The trailer offers no protection.
(b) The compound is downhill.
(c) The compound has security fences.
(d) The trailer has no more ammunition stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Harding, Malcolm, and Kelly find the rest of the group?
2. Who is driving the Jeep that is racing after the circular cage?
3. Who gets on the motorcycle to chase the lone raptor?
4. Just as the dinosaurs are about to pass by the high hide without incident, what catches the attention of one of the dinosaurs?
5. Eddie brings a baby dinosaur with a broken leg to the trailer so that he can tend to the broken bone. What type of dinosaur is the baby?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)