|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are high levels of iridium typically found?
(b) Moon rock.
2. Where is the helicopter flying in order for Levine to view the carcass?
(d) Isla Nublar.
3. When is the infamous trip to Costa Rica actually made by Malcolm and the others for InGen?
4. How much of Biosyn's money has Dodgson lost in his corporate espionage attempts?
(a) $2.5 million.
(b) $3.75 million.
(c) $1.25 million.
(d) $1.75 million.
5. When the second helicopter arrives on the Costa Rican beach, what do the second helicopter's occupants do to the carcass?
(a) Study it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Dismember it.
(d) Photograph it.
6. People claiming to be press photographers entered and photographed Malcolm's office. What journal do the photographers claim to be from?
(a) Chaos in All.
(b) Complexity Quarterly.
(c) Bioethics and Nature.
(d) Chaos Quarterly.
7. Levine is upset to realize that someone has been to view the carcass before he arrives. Who beats Levine there?
(a) The Biosyn Security Team.
(b) The Public Health Department.
(c) The InGen Cover Team.
(d) The Costa Rican Army.
8. What is the name of the man from Biosyn who is searching for the strange animals?
(a) Lewis Dodgson.
(b) Dennis Nedry.
(c) Marty Guitierrez.
(d) George Baselton.
9. What does Malcolm suggest as the reason for the extinction of complex animals?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Physical changes.
(d) Environmental changes.
10. According to Malcolm's speech, what percentage of animals that have ever lived are now extinct?
11. According to Malcolm's interpretation, what is located on the island that Levine believes houses Site B?
(a) A dam.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A river.
(d) A volcano.
12. According to the person who first notified Levine of the carcass, where have numerous other carcasses been turning up in Costa Rica?
(a) Near the town dump.
(b) Near a soybean farm.
(c) Near a mining facility.
(d) Near a small village.
13. According to the story, in what year does Ian Malcolm give a speech in which he states that complex animals die out because of their behavior?
14. Where does the person who interrupted Malcolm's lecture with his theory think the object of his theory might be located?
(a) In Brazil.
(b) In Costa Rica.
(c) In Africa.
(d) In Egypt.
15. When Arby sees a strange looking memo at Levine's apartment, what does Arby realize he is looking at?
(a) Recovered data.
(b) Biosyn's blueprints.
(c) InGen's security system.
(d) Bribes to Costa Rican officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Malcolm's lecture ends, who accompanies Malcolm as they walk across the open courtyard?
2. Malcolm dresses entirely in one color. What color is it?
3. What do complexity theorists term the behavior that is common to all complex systems?
4. What does InGen do when the company learns of John Hammond's death?
5. What does Malcolm insist is just a technomyth?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)