|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the majority of animals that are now extinct, what percentage of those animals are accounted for due to mass killings?
2. After overhearing the telephone conversation in the San Jose airport, who does Levine immediately call?
(a) Ian Malcolm.
(b) George Baselton.
(c) Doc Thorne.
(d) Sarah Harding.
3. According to the Biosyn spy, where is Dr. Grant now working?
(a) At Berkeley.
(b) At Utah State.
(c) At Montana State.
(d) At Duke.
4. In what year is extinction first demonstrated?
5. How much of Biosyn's money has Dodgson lost in his corporate espionage attempts?
(a) $2.5 million.
(b) $1.25 million.
(c) $1.75 million.
(d) $3.75 million.
6. What is the name of the American biologist who flies Levine to see the animal carcass?
(a) Lewis Dodgson.
(b) Dennis Nedry.
(c) George Baselton.
(d) Marty Guitierrez.
7. How long is the animal carcass that Levine studies on the Costa Rican beach?
(a) Five feet.
(b) Three feet.
(c) Four feet.
(d) Seven feet.
8. What does Malcolm insist is just a technomyth?
(b) InGen's dinosaurs.
(c) Costa Rican aberrant animals.
(d) Biosyn's espionage.
9. According to the Introduction, extinction is considered as unremarkable as what?
(a) A car running out of gas.
(b) Thunder following lightning.
(c) A dog finding a bone.
(d) Sunshine in the summer.
10. Where does the person who interrupted Malcolm's lecture with his theory think the object of his theory might be located?
(a) In Egypt.
(b) In Costa Rica.
(c) In Brazil.
(d) In Africa.
11. How much is the Biosyn spy being paid to spy on the people who had been involved with the InGen project?
(a) $500 per week.
(b) $1,500 per week.
(c) $500 per day.
(d) $1,500 per day.
12. According to Malcolm's interpretation, what is located on the island that Levine believes houses Site B?
(a) A dam.
(b) A river.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A swamp.
13. Who does InGen hire to publicly deny the rumors that surrounded InGen and the Costa Rican island?
(a) Lewis Dodgson.
(b) Marty Guitierrez.
(c) Dennis Nedry.
(d) George Baselton.
14. According to the person who first notified Levine of the carcass, where have numerous other carcasses been turning up in Costa Rica?
(a) Near a soybean farm.
(b) Near a mining facility.
(c) Near the town dump.
(d) Near a small village.
15. Before receiving the call regarding the animal carcass in Costa Rica, where is Levine working?
(a) In the Saharan Desert.
(b) In Nairobi.
(c) In Cairo.
(d) In the Gobi Desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Biosyn spy, Levine left the country and traveled to Costa Rica. How long has Levine been gone?
2. What two behaviors are of particular interest to the study of evolution?
3. What does Levine have a reputation for being?
4. According to the person who first notified Levine of the carcass, what does the Costa Rican government suspect the aberrant animals are the cause of?
5. What do complexity theorists term the behavior that is common to all complex systems?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)