|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the animal carcass that Levine studies on the Costa Rican beach?
(a) Three feet.
(b) Four feet.
(c) Seven feet.
(d) Five feet.
2. Where is the person walking with Malcolm across the open courtyard after his lecture scheduled to return to the next day?
3. According to the story, in what year does Ian Malcolm give a speech in which he states that complex animals die out because of their behavior?
4. According to Malcolm, how long do most mammals survive?
(a) Ten million years.
(b) One million years.
(c) Seven million years.
(d) Four million years.
5. When Kelly goes into Thorne's office to say goodbye, who does she learn will be accompanying Malcolm and Thorne on the trip to Costa Rica?
(a) Lewis Dodgson.
(b) Ed James.
(c) Beverly Ranson.
(d) Sarah Harding.
6. What do complexity theorists term the behavior that is common to all complex systems?
(b) Supportive iterations.
7. Levine is upset to realize that someone has been to view the carcass before he arrives. Who beats Levine there?
(a) The Public Health Department.
(b) The Costa Rican Army.
(c) The Biosyn Security Team.
(d) The InGen Cover Team.
8. At the time of his speech in August, how old is Malcolm?
(a) 53 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 40 years old.
(d) 36 years old.
9. What is the name of the man who first demonstrates that species become extinct?
(a) George Cuvier.
(b) Ian Malcolm.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Luis Alvarez.
10. At Levine's apartment, an entire wall has been dedicated to Levine's search for what?
(a) Site B.
(b) Aberrant creatures.
(c) Animal X.
(d) Biosyn's spy.
11. Malcolm dresses entirely in one color. What color is it?
12. How long has Malcolm been denying speculation regarding the InGen story?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Three years.
13. Where is the concept of a technomyth developed?
(a) At Princeton.
(b) At Harvard.
(c) At Duke.
(d) At Berkeley.
14. Who does Levine eavesdrop on while waiting for his plan in the San Jose airport?
(a) The military attache.
(b) The Biosyn executive.
(c) The InGen spy.
(d) The helicopter pilot.
15. What does Malcolm suggest as the reason for the extinction of complex animals?
(a) Physical changes.
(b) Environmental changes.
(c) Lack of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ian Malcolm giving his speech regarding extinction and complexity theory?
2. According to Malcolm, animals living and dying against a very active background of our planet accounts for what percentage of extinction?
3. When Malcolm learns of the photographer's deeds, what is he relieved that he hasn't highlighted on his wall map yet?
4. According to the person who first notified Levine of the carcass, what does the Costa Rican government suspect the aberrant animals are the cause of?
5. According to the Biosyn spy, Levine left the country and traveled to Costa Rica. How long has Levine been gone?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)