|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the person who stands and interrupts Malcolm's lecture?
2. What time is it in Africa when Thorne places a phone call to the other person who will be accompanying him and Malcolm on the trip to Costa Rica?
(a) 9 pm.
(b) 10 am.
(c) 4 am.
(d) 6 pm.
3. Which island off the Costa Rican coast is leased to InGen?
(a) Isla Nublar.
(b) Isla Sorna.
(c) Isla Talamanca.
(d) Isla Rica.
4. What supposition does the person who stands and interrupts Malcolm's lecture present to Malcolm and his audience?
(a) The existence of the Lost World.
(b) The existence of cavemen.
(c) The existence of Jurassic Park.
(d) The existence of iridium stores.
5. How long has Malcolm been denying speculation regarding the InGen story?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven years.
6. Who does InGen hire to publicly deny the rumors that surrounded InGen and the Costa Rican island?
(a) Marty Guitierrez.
(b) Dennis Nedry.
(c) Lewis Dodgson.
(d) George Baselton.
7. According to Malcolm's speech, how many species of plants and animals are currently on the planet?
(a) 30 million.
(b) 50 million.
(c) 70 million.
(d) 10 million.
8. When Dodgson requests a meeting with the head of Biosyn, what does Dodgson tell him?
(a) They have another opportunity to acquire the InGen technology.
(b) Levine is missing.
(c) They are requiring additional funding to continue pursuing Levine.
(d) They have been caught spying on Levine.
9. According to the Introduction, extinction is considered as unremarkable as what?
(a) A car running out of gas.
(b) Sunshine in the summer.
(c) Thunder following lightning.
(d) A dog finding a bone.
10. In the 1840s, who calls the giant fossils that he finds "Dinosauria"?
(a) John Ostrom.
(b) Luis Alvarez.
(c) Edward James.
(d) Richard Owen.
11. What is Malcolm known for amongst his peers?
(a) His creative style.
(b) His pessimism.
(c) His optimism.
(d) His anger.
12. According to the Biosyn spy, where is Dr. Grant now working?
(a) At Duke.
(b) At Berkeley.
(c) At Montana State.
(d) At Utah State.
13. According to Malcolm, animals living and dying against a very active background of our planet accounts for what percentage of extinction?
14. According to the person who first notified Levine of the carcass, where have numerous other carcasses been turning up in Costa Rica?
(a) Near the town dump.
(b) Near a soybean farm.
(c) Near a mining facility.
(d) Near a small village.
15. People claiming to be press photographers entered and photographed Malcolm's office. What journal do the photographers claim to be from?
(a) Complexity Quarterly.
(b) Chaos in All.
(c) Bioethics and Nature.
(d) Chaos Quarterly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the person walking with Malcolm across the open courtyard after the lecture ends?
2. What invention makes complexity theory possible?
3. Malcolm dresses entirely in one color. What color is it?
4. At the time of his speech in August, how old is Malcolm?
5. What is the name of the American biologist who flies Levine to see the animal carcass?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)