Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Extinction at the K-T Boundary
1. When the theory of evolution was first presented, there was very little debate. Why?
2. What happens in the 1970s that leads scientists to wonder if human behavior could ultimately lead to extinction?
3. Identify and describe the theory supported by the high levels of iridium at the K-T boundary.
4. What two events occur in the 1970s that cause scientists to focus their attention on extinction?
5. In the 1970s, why could no one answer questions regarding the fragility of the earth's ecosystem?
This section contains 1,097 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)