|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Configuration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Malcolm, how long do most mammals survive?
(a) Seven million years.
(b) One million years.
(c) Four million years.
(d) Ten million years.
2. According to the person who first notified Levine of the carcass, what does the Costa Rican government suspect the aberrant animals are the cause of?
(a) An unusually high number of missing children.
(b) An unusually high number of missing pets.
(c) An unusual strain of cancer.
(d) An unusual strain of encephalitis.
3. What does Malcolm insist is just a technomyth?
(a) Biosyn's espionage.
(b) Costa Rican aberrant animals.
(c) InGen's dinosaurs.
4. What does Levine learn about the handling of the carcasses that infuriates him?
(a) The carcasses have all been buried.
(b) The carcasses have all been dismembered.
(c) The carcasses have all been sent to Harvard for study.
(d) The carcasses have all been destroyed.
5. What is another name for chaos theory?
(a) Linear dynamics.
(b) Extinction sciences.
(c) Nonlinear sequences.
(d) Nonlinear dynamics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After overhearing the telephone conversation in the San Jose airport, who does Levine immediately call?
2. Of the majority of animals that are now extinct, what percentage of those animals are accounted for due to mass killings?
3. According to the Introduction, extinction is considered as unremarkable as what?
4. What is Malcolm known for amongst his peers?
5. What is the name of the man who first demonstrates that species become extinct?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)