|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Antonescu have bitterness towards?
2. What Army Group did Manstein cut off at Rostov?
3. What country were Germans vulnerable in during the making of Operation Citadel?
4. What disintegrated the Italian Army near Rostov?
5. What did Hitler do to break a dictum in Group Don?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to make Manstein call Operation Bustard successful?
2. What made it impossible for Manstein to properly attack Leningrad?
3. What happened when Manstein went on a reconnaissance mission in the Crimean waters?
4. What did Manstein warn Zeitzler about?
5. What was debated in the summer of 1943?
6. What was the town ok Kursk in Manstein's eyes?
7. What did General Hoth accomplish at Rostov?
8. What was Operation Citadel?
9. How did Manstein get his troops to outflank the enemy at Sevastapol?
10. Who was Antonescu mad at, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main differences that Manstein observed as he took the journey west, and how did these changes affect the war?
Essay Topic 2
Who is involved in the pocket at Stalingrad, and how was this situation rectified? What changed in Manstein after this event?
Essay Topic 3
What role did Operation Citadel play in the narrative and what did it symbolize? How was the narrative altered by this plan?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)