|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allowed the Soviets to get better support to Sevastapol?
2. Who gave the order for Manstein to focus on fighting the Crimean region only?
3. Where was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
4. What kind of targets did Hitler focus on with the Don Group?
5. What did General Hoth do in Rostov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made it impossible for Manstein to properly attack Leningrad?
2. How did the Soviets cross the Don River during the winter?
3. What did Hitler do when Manstein successfully took Sevastopol?
4. What was debated in the summer of 1943?
5. What did Manstein say was Hitler's mistake in choosing targets?
6. What conditions made fighting in Crimea difficult?
7. What did Paulus refuse to do at the behest of others?
8. How did Manstein get his troops to outflank the enemy at Sevastapol?
9. What did General Hoth accomplish at Rostov?
10. What complaint did Manstein have about the troops that were covering him at Stalingrad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Operation Sea Lion and what occurred as a result of this plan?
Essay Topic 2
Where did the theme of technology appear in this book, and how did it change the course of the war the Germans tried to start?
Essay Topic 3
What did Manstein say was Hitler's greatest weakness, and what resulted as a direct cause of this weakness in Hitler?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)