|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Operation Citadel stopped?
2. Who gave the order for Manstein to focus on fighting the Crimean region only?
3. What dictum did Hitler violate in Group Don?
4. What country was Operation Citadel targeting?
5. What position did General Schulz serve in Crimea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hitler do when Manstein successfully took Sevastopol?
2. Who was Gero, and how did he die?
3. How did the Soviets cross the Don River during the winter?
4. What was Operation Citadel?
5. What conditions made fighting in Crimea difficult?
6. Who was Antonescu mad at, and why?
7. What made it impossible for Manstein to properly attack Leningrad?
8. What happened when Manstein went on a reconnaissance mission in the Crimean waters?
9. What did Manstein say was Hitler's mistake in choosing targets?
10. What complaint did Manstein have about the troops that were covering him at Stalingrad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Manstein was fascinated with the Russian immigrants she met. What caused this fascination, and how did it affect his demeanor for the remainder of the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Nagel was an upbeat man. How did this major feature about him affect the people around him? What were people's first impressions of him and how does this affect Nagel's capacity to lead? Make sure you support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What were the main differences that Manstein observed as he took the journey west, and how did these changes affect the war?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)