|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country were Germans vulnerable in during the making of Operation Citadel?
2. Which ranking official had a bad relationship with Hitler?
3. What promotion was Manstein given after Sevastopol was taken?
4. What city was Operation Citadel targeting?
5. What river did the Germans have to hold to avoid being cut off at Caucasus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dictum did Hitler violate when with the Group Don, and how?
2. What made Manstein re-double his efforts to take Sevastopol after Fort Stallin fell?
3. What did Manstein say was Hitler's mistake in choosing targets?
4. Who was Antonescu mad at, and why?
5. What conditions made fighting in Crimea difficult?
6. How did Manstein get his troops to outflank the enemy at Sevastapol?
7. What made it impossible for Manstein to properly attack Leningrad?
8. What was debated in the summer of 1943?
9. What did General Hoth accomplish at Rostov?
10. What was the town ok Kursk in Manstein's eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main differences that Manstein observed as he took the journey west, and how did these changes affect the war?
Essay Topic 2
Who is involved in the pocket at Stalingrad, and how was this situation rectified? What changed in Manstein after this event?
Essay Topic 3
The tone changed frequently in this book. What were the major places where this change in tone came about, and what caused these changes?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)