|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
(c) Escape tactics.
(d) Good leadership.
2. What did Manstein say Poland was very vulnerable to?
3. Where did Manstein go to bathe?
(a) The English Channel.
(c) Long beach.
4. What did Manstein fear most about the surprise attack on the West?
(a) That a hole in the defenses would occur.
(b) That Hitler would take full command.
(c) That the Allies would only be pushed back.
(d) That the numbers of the armies would not be enough.
5. To what front were Manstein and his Headquarters transferred?
(a) The Southern Front.
(b) The Pivotol Front.
(c) The Central Front.
(d) The Western Front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Germany want to have a bombing campaign in England?
2. Why did Manstein tell Paulus he didn't want tanks?
3. What did Manstein call the debate in Poland before it was occupied?
4. How did Manstein feel when the pact between Germany and the Soviet Union was signed?
5. Why was Hitler angry with General Fritsch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Manstein feel when the document with the Soviet Union was signed?
2. What did Manstein blame for the delay in invading England after France was taken?
3. What caused a huge delay for Manstein's men during the attack on the West?
4. Who was Nagel, and how did Manstein feel about him?
5. What did Manstein say was the most important part of his plan to attack the West?
6. How did Manstein get Hitler to take on his plan of action for the attack on the West?
7. What report did Manstein give Paulus?
8. What kept Hitler from invading Britain after October hit?
9. What did Hitler hope to accomplish after defeating France?
10. Why was Poland let down when they were invaded by the Germans?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)