|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was called on to deal with the British?
2. What kind of Headquarters did Manstein need while inspecting the front lines?
(a) A technological command center.
(b) A well-hidden head quarters.
(c) A heavily guarded head quarters.
(d) A mobile command center.
3. What was Manstein Chief of Staff of?
(a) The 18 Division.
(b) The Western Front.
(c) The Central Maneuvering Division.
(d) The Southern Army Group.
4. What month did Hitler get serious about invading England?
5. What was the Oise?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A River.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Belgium hard to attack?
2. What was the one drawback to the success of the attack on the West?
3. What bridges was Manstein supposed to guard after France was defeated?
4. What did the O.K.H. want the main western attack to go through?
5. What was the occupation in Austria called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the Amiens Bridgehead?
2. What about the Commissions Orders did Manstein disobey?
3. What did Hitler hope to accomplish after defeating France?
4. What did Manstein say was the most important part of his plan to attack the West?
5. When did modern communication become the most important thing to Manstein?
6. What caused a huge delay for Manstein's men during the attack on the West?
7. What made Hitler angry with Generals Beck and Fristch?
8. What did Manstein do after defeating France?
9. What report did Manstein give Paulus?
10. Why was Poland let down when they were invaded by the Germans?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)