|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could the Polish Army withdraw if given enough time?
(a) The Vistula Valley.
(b) The White Cliffs.
(c) The English Channel.
(d) The Vistula River.
2. What was Manstein Chief of Staff of?
(a) The Southern Army Group.
(b) The 18 Division.
(c) The Central Maneuvering Division.
(d) The Western Front.
3. Who wanted the Polish Army stopped before they could withdraw?
(a) All of these.
4. What did Hitler do after speaking with Manstein about the attack in the West?
(a) Demoted him.
(b) Rescinded his reprimand.
(c) Took his advice.
(d) Gave him a promotion.
5. Who led the 38 Army Corps?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pact did Germany sign with the Soviet Union?
2. What caused a huge delay in the German attack on the West?
3. What was Nagel's occupation?
4. What was Ilmen?
5. What caused a moment of indecision for Manstein?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Nagel, and how did Manstein feel about him?
2. What did Manstein say Poland was relying on when the German attack began?
3. What did Hitler hope to accomplish after defeating France?
4. What about the Commissions Orders did Manstein disobey?
5. What did Manstein say was the biggest obstacle to peace between Germany and France?
6. What caused a huge delay for Manstein's men during the attack on the West?
7. What happened at the Amiens Bridgehead?
8. What was Manstein supposed to do in Dvina?
9. What did Manstein blame for the delay in invading England after France was taken?
10. What did Brauchitsch convince Hitler to do?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)