|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bridges was Manstein supposed to guard after France was defeated?
(a) The Dallia Bridges.
(b) The Dvina Bridges.
(c) The Davenport Bridges.
(d) The Dvinsk Bridges.
2. Why did Manstein tell Paulus he didn't want tanks?
(a) They would be too noisy.
(b) He had already gone over budget.
(c) His troops didn't know how to use them.
(d) The ground was too wet for them.
3. Where did Manstein go to bathe?
(a) The English Channel.
(c) Long beach.
4. How did Manstein think the war could be ended?
(a) Killing the Jews.
(b) Alligning with America.
(c) Invading Britain.
(d) Surrendering Paris.
5. Why was Operation Sea Lion never put into effect?
(a) It was too risky.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) All of these.
(d) They waited too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slowed the advance in Dvinsk?
2. What did Hitler do after speaking with Manstein about the attack in the West?
3. How did Manstein describe Goring?
4. What was Ilmen?
5. What was Manstein's main purpose in bathing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Germany constantly prepare for while invading Poland?
2. What kept Hitler from invading Britain after October hit?
3. Who was Nagel, and how did Manstein feel about him?
4. What did Manstein say was the biggest obstacle to peace between Germany and France?
5. What did Manstein blame for the delay in invading England after France was taken?
6. When did modern communication become the most important thing to Manstein?
7. What did Manstein say would be needed for a successful invasion of England?
8. What caused Hitler to change many of his winter attack dates?
9. What are Pontoon Bridges?
10. What did Manstein do after defeating France?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)