|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
2. What did Manstein say about what was covering his forces at Stalingrad?
(a) They were treacherous.
(b) They were weak.
(c) They were inexperienced.
(d) They were unneeded.
3. What about the forces in the Crimean Region were inferior?
(a) Their operations.
(b) Their endurance.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their equipment.
4. What river did the Germans have to hold to avoid being cut off at Caucasus?
(a) Dnieper River.
(b) Darmanian River.
(c) Dunsk River.
(d) Dvina River.
5. Who stopped Operation Citadel altogether?
6. What city was Operation Citadel targeting?
7. What season was Operation Citadel created?
8. Who penetrated the armies south of Stalingrad?
(a) The Romanians.
(b) The Itallians.
(c) The Prussians.
(d) The Soviets.
9. What about the Soviets at Crimea was superior to the Germans at first?
(a) Their training.
(b) Their equipment stores.
(c) Their knowledge of the region.
(d) Their air supply.
10. Why was Operation Citadel stopped?
(a) It didn't go fast enough.
(b) The budget was gone.
(c) Allied forces were attcking.
(d) The weather got severe.
11. What happened when Hitler manipulated the OKW?
(a) It got confused.
(b) It fought against the OKH.
(c) It made silly and costly mistakes.
(d) It sate useless.
12. What direction was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
13. How did Nagel die?
(a) In a car crash.
(b) In an airplane crash.
(c) In an air raid.
(d) In a land battle.
14. What kind of forces were serving in the Crimean region?
15. Where was Group Don sent?
(a) The North.
(b) The Central Force.
(c) The East.
(d) The South.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a first for Manstein while leading the Group Don?
2. What country were Germans vulnerable in during the making of Operation Citadel?
3. What lie did Goring tell Hitler about the troops in Stalingrad?
4. Who captured the bridge at Kalach?
5. Who penetrated the armies north of Stalingrad?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)