|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces were ready to attack the Germans when Operation Citadel was formed?
(a) Western Forces.
(b) Southern Forces.
(c) Eastern Forcers.
(d) Nothern Forces.
2. Who penetrated the armies north of Stalingrad?
(a) The Prussians.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Itallians.
(d) The Romanians.
3. How many tanks were destroyed during Operation Citadel?
4. How were supplies brought to the troops in Stalingrad?
(a) They were smuggled on trains.
(b) They were stolen from civillians.
(c) They were shipped in.
(d) They were dropped by air.
5. What made attacking Crimea very challenging?
(a) The weather was harsh and unnpredictable.
(b) The terrain was mountainous.
(c) The ground was very marshy.
(d) It was a narrow front.
6. What did Manstein call the time in Crimea when he was neither on the offensive or the defensive?
(a) A peace time.
(b) A break.
(c) A stalemate.
(d) A treatise.
7. Why was Antonescu so bitter towards one man?
(a) He didn't have enough troops.
(b) His concerns were not taken into account.
(c) He was left low on supplies.
(d) His army had been given too hard a task.
8. Which German forces did Manstein think should have attacked the Soviet forces near Rostov?
(a) The forces in the Kharkhov area.
(b) The forces near Rostov.
(c) The Krakow Panzer Unit.
(d) The Black Sea fleet.
9. How did Pepo die?
(a) In a land battle.
(b) In a car crash.
(c) In an airplane crash.
(d) In an air raid.
10. What prevented a further attack on Sevastapol?
(a) The sea waves.
(b) Lack of morale.
(c) Hitler's orders.
(d) Heavy rains.
11. Who stopped Operation Citadel altogether?
12. What kind of attack was Operation Citadel meant to be?
(a) A surprise attack.
(b) A general attack.
(c) A pincer attack.
(d) A sweeping attack.
13. What other target was being attacked at the same time as Stalingrad?
14. What was Dnepropetrovsk?
(a) A river.
(b) A railroad bridge.
(c) A city stock hold.
(d) A panzer team.
15. What did General Hoth do in Rostov?
(a) Defied Hitler publicly.
(b) Kept the Soviets from breaking through.
(c) Helped Antonescu.
(d) Took 20,000 prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Manstein's son?
2. What river did the Germans have to hold to avoid being cut off at Caucasus?
3. Who penetrated the armies south of Stalingrad?
4. What river was the bridge Kalach over?
5. What position did General Schulz serve in Crimea?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)