|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Hitler manipulated the OKW?
(a) It fought against the OKH.
(b) It made silly and costly mistakes.
(c) It got confused.
(d) It sate useless.
2. Which German forces did Manstein think should have attacked the Soviet forces near Rostov?
(a) The Krakow Panzer Unit.
(b) The Black Sea fleet.
(c) The forces in the Kharkhov area.
(d) The forces near Rostov.
3. Why was the Sixth Army surrounded at Stalingrad?
(a) Manstein was caught off guard.
(b) Hitler was distracted.
(c) The forces were split up.
(d) The spies gave wrong information.
4. What was covering the German forces at Stalingrad?
(a) The Romanian forces.
(b) The German Navy.
(c) The Luftwaffe.
(d) The soviets.
5. What country was Operation Citadel targeting?
6. What river did the Germans have to hold to avoid being cut off at Caucasus?
(a) Darmanian River.
(b) Dnieper River.
(c) Dvina River.
(d) Dunsk River.
7. Why was Antonescu so bitter towards one man?
(a) He was left low on supplies.
(b) His concerns were not taken into account.
(c) His army had been given too hard a task.
(d) He didn't have enough troops.
8. Who did Antonescu have bitterness towards?
9. What country were Germans vulnerable in during the making of Operation Citadel?
10. What was Dnepropetrovsk?
(a) A river.
(b) A panzer team.
(c) A city stock hold.
(d) A railroad bridge.
11. What did Hitler call the Crimean region?
(a) An out of the way event.
(b) A needed blockade.
(c) A key strategic position.
(d) A necessary evil.
12. Who kept delaying the Operation Citadel?
13. Why was Operation Citadel stopped?
(a) The weather got severe.
(b) Allied forces were attcking.
(c) It didn't go fast enough.
(d) The budget was gone.
14. How long did the battle at the Ishun Ithmus take?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 10 days.
15. What about the Soviets at Crimea was superior to the Germans at first?
(a) Their knowledge of the region.
(b) Their equipment stores.
(c) Their training.
(d) Their air supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of targets did Manstein say Hitler should have focused on with the Don Group?
2. What dictum did Hitler violate in Group Don?
3. What lie did Goring tell Hitler about the troops in Stalingrad?
4. What region did Manstein take soldiers from for Operation Citadel?
5. What did Hitler do to break a dictum in Group Don?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)