|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept delaying the Operation Citadel?
2. What about the Soviets at Crimea was superior to the Germans at first?
(a) Their air supply.
(b) Their knowledge of the region.
(c) Their equipment stores.
(d) Their training.
3. What flank of the Soviet Army did Manstein say could have been destroyed had Hitler listened to him at Rostov?
(a) The Western flank.
(b) The Central flank.
(c) The Southern flank.
(d) The Northern flank.
4. Where was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
5. What Army Group did Manstein cut off at Rostov?
(a) Army Group A.
(b) Army Group Blazer.
(c) Panzer Army Brigade.
(d) Army Group Don.
6. What kind of targets did Hitler focus on with the Don Group?
(a) Civillian targets.
(b) Military targets.
(c) Political targets.
(d) Costly targets.
7. What at Sevastapol could not be captured by Manstein?
(a) A castle.
(b) A headquarters.
(c) An army base.
(d) A fortress.
8. How did Manstein's son die?
(a) He was in a car crash.
(b) In battle.
(c) He was mobbed.
(d) He commited suicide.
9. Who penetrated the armies south of Stalingrad?
(a) The Romanians.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Prussians.
(d) The Itallians.
10. Why was the Sixth Army surrounded at Stalingrad?
(a) Manstein was caught off guard.
(b) Hitler was distracted.
(c) The spies gave wrong information.
(d) The forces were split up.
11. What made attacking Crimea very challenging?
(a) It was a narrow front.
(b) The ground was very marshy.
(c) The weather was harsh and unnpredictable.
(d) The terrain was mountainous.
12. What did General Hoth do in Rostov?
(a) Defied Hitler publicly.
(b) Took 20,000 prisoners.
(c) Kept the Soviets from breaking through.
(d) Helped Antonescu.
13. How did Manstein feel when Pepo died?
14. Where did Hitler put unneeded men when Manstein said he needed ground troops?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The training grounds.
(d) The German borders.
15. What kind of targets did Manstein say Hitler should have focused on with the Don Group?
(a) Costly targets.
(b) Civillian targets.
(c) Political targets.
(d) Military targets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country were Germans vulnerable in during the making of Operation Citadel?
2. What dictum did Hitler violate in Group Don?
3. What country supplemented Germany's army?
4. What did Manstein say flexibility allowed Generals to do?
5. What kind of forces were serving in the Crimean region?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)