|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Operation Citadel stopped?
(a) The budget was gone.
(b) The weather got severe.
(c) It didn't go fast enough.
(d) Allied forces were attcking.
2. How many tanks were destroyed during Operation Citadel?
3. What other target was being attacked at the same time as Stalingrad?
4. What was a first for Manstein while leading the Group Don?
(a) He had air support at his disposal.
(b) He had the right amount of troops.
(c) He was directly under Hitler.
(d) He had the power of decision.
5. Where did Paulus demand to stay?
6. Who captured the bridge at Kalach?
(a) The Soviets.
(d) The Romanians.
7. What region did Manstein take soldiers from for Operation Citadel?
(a) The West.
(b) The homefront.
(d) The East.
8. What direction was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
9. What did Hitler do to break a dictum in Group Don?
(a) He took too long to begin battle.
(b) He split up the forces too much.
(c) He didn't leave time for the dead to be burried.
(d) He rushed into battle.
10. What did Manstein say flexibility allowed Generals to do?
(a) Communicate with the troops.
(b) Get medical attention quickly.
(c) Retreat when necessary.
(d) Canvas an area quickly.
11. Where did Hitler put unneeded men when Manstein said he needed ground troops?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) The training grounds.
(c) The German borders.
(d) The Navy.
12. What was Dnepropetrovsk?
(a) A panzer team.
(b) A city stock hold.
(c) A railroad bridge.
(d) A river.
13. What promotion was Manstein given after Sevastopol was taken?
(a) General Inspector.
(b) Field Marshall.
(c) Major General.
(d) Chief of Staff.
14. What did General Hoth do in Rostov?
(a) Defied Hitler publicly.
(b) Helped Antonescu.
(c) Kept the Soviets from breaking through.
(d) Took 20,000 prisoners.
15. What city was Operation Citadel targeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hitler call the Crimean region?
2. What flank of the Soviet Army did Manstein say could have been destroyed had Hitler listened to him at Rostov?
3. What at Sevastapol could not be captured by Manstein?
4. What was Zaporozhye?
5. Which German forces did Manstein think should have attacked the Soviet forces near Rostov?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)