|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could the Polish Army withdraw if given enough time?
(a) The English Channel.
(b) The White Cliffs.
(c) The Vistula Valley.
(d) The Vistula River.
2. Who took power away from the O.K.H.?
3. What caused a moment of indecision for Manstein?
(a) Choosing whether or not to follow orders.
(b) Choosing how to describe Hitler to allies.
(c) Choosing between offense and defense.
(d) Choosing which officers to leave behind.
4. To what front were Manstein and his Headquarters transferred?
(a) The Southern Front.
(b) The Central Front.
(c) The Pivotol Front.
(d) The Western Front.
5. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
(a) Land locked advantage.
(b) Better equipment.
(c) Sea forces.
(d) Professional plans.
6. What was Specht's nickname?
7. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
(a) Good leadership.
(d) Escape tactics.
8. What did Manstein say was the only option of Poland when the occupation began?
9. Why did Hitler choose to not invade England after October?
(a) He lost interest.
(b) Things in France got hard to handle.
(c) The weather was too harsh.
(d) He hoped to get a peace arrangement.
10. What caused a huge delay in the German attack on the West?
(a) Demands were not followed directly.
(b) Panzers were injured beyond repair.
(c) The Army was ordered to rest up.
(d) Supplies were slow in arriving.
11. What was the one drawback to the success of the attack on the West?
(a) Many Panzers were broken beyond repair.
(b) Hitler was denounced as the true leader.
(c) A stronghold in Austria was lost.
(d) Some Brittish troops were evacuated.
12. What plan did Runstedt back for the attack on the West?
(a) The Manstein Plan.
(b) The Surprise Attack Plan.
(c) The O.K.H. Plan.
(d) The Reichenau Plan.
13. What element did Manstein say was most important in the attack on the West?
(a) The element of secrecy.
(b) The element of sound attack.
(c) The element of surprise.
(d) The element of simplicity.
14. Who helped Poland seize German lands in WWI?
(a) The US.
15. What was strange to Manstein when he and his headquarters were transferred?
(a) He was not given many men.
(b) There was no fighting in the West.
(c) There was another base close by him.
(d) He was leaving heavy fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was called on to deal with the British?
2. What kind of formations kept the German Army strong?
3. Why was Hitler angry with General Beck?
4. What kind of Headquarters did Manstein need while inspecting the front lines?
5. How many Panzer corps led the attack on the West?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)