|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paulus' title?
2. What was Ilmen?
(a) A river.
(b) A dam.
(c) A lake.
(d) A bridge.
3. What kind of Headquarters did Manstein need while inspecting the front lines?
(a) A mobile command center.
(b) A heavily guarded head quarters.
(c) A technological command center.
(d) A well-hidden head quarters.
4. What did Manstein fear most about the surprise attack on the West?
(a) That the Allies would only be pushed back.
(b) That Hitler would take full command.
(c) That the numbers of the armies would not be enough.
(d) That a hole in the defenses would occur.
5. What region was Crimea in?
(a) The natural bordered front.
(b) The Soviet front.
(c) The extreme southern front.
(d) The far western front.
6. What made it impossible for Germany to have peace with England at first?
(a) They were angry about WWI.
(b) They had allies.
(c) All of these.
(d) Churchill was the Prime Minister.
7. What power was taken away from the O.K.H.?
(a) The power of decision.
(b) The power of marching.
(c) The power of training.
(d) The power of recruiting.
8. What did Manstein call the debate in Poland before it was occupied?
(a) The Plan.
(b) The Pivot Point.
(c) The Acknowledgement.
(d) The Crisis.
9. What was strange to Manstein when he and his headquarters were transferred?
(a) There was no fighting in the West.
(b) He was leaving heavy fire.
(c) There was another base close by him.
(d) He was not given many men.
10. What was Manstein's main purpose in bathing?
(b) Getting rest.
(c) Hiding out.
(d) Looking native.
11. Who did Manstein fault for the lack of a Central Drive?
12. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
(c) Escape tactics.
(d) Good leadership.
13. What slowed the advance in Dvinsk?
(a) The night watches.
(b) The bad weather.
(c) The marshy ground.
(d) The large number of troops.
14. What element did Manstein say was most important in the attack on the West?
(a) The element of surprise.
(b) The element of secrecy.
(c) The element of sound attack.
(d) The element of simplicity.
15. Where did Germany want to have a bombing campaign in England?
(a) The heavily populated cities.
(b) The production centers.
(c) The mining cities.
(d) The seaboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of formations kept the German Army strong?
2. What made Belgium hard to attack?
3. What did Manstein have to inspect along the front lines?
4. When did the attack on Poland begin?
5. What kind of invasion did Manstein think would work well in Britain?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)