|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Manstein supposed to do with all prisoners he captured?
(a) Drown them.
(b) Imprison them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Torture them for information.
2. Who led the 38 Army Corps?
3. What was strange to Manstein when he and his headquarters were transferred?
(a) He was leaving heavy fire.
(b) He was not given many men.
(c) There was another base close by him.
(d) There was no fighting in the West.
4. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
(a) Better equipment.
(b) Sea forces.
(c) Professional plans.
(d) Land locked advantage.
5. Where could the Polish Army withdraw if given enough time?
(a) The White Cliffs.
(b) The Vistula Valley.
(c) The English Channel.
(d) The Vistula River.
6. What backed up the German tanks?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) The 10th division.
(c) The militia.
(d) The Soviet Union.
7. Who was Hitler's biggest enemy in England?
(a) John Franklin.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Prince Henry.
8. What did Manstein say turned the Soviet people against Germany?
(a) The cruelty to Jews.
(b) The lack of food and support.
(c) The oppressive rule.
(d) The bad talk about Hitler.
9. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
(a) Good leadership.
(c) Escape tactics.
10. What kind of pact did Germany sign with the Soviet Union?
(a) All of these.
(b) A need-to-know agreement.
(c) A non-aggression pact.
(d) A peace treaty.
11. What happened that allowed Manstein to speak personally with Hitler?
(a) His medical appointment was at the same base.
(b) He was reprimanded.
(c) His plan was accepted.
(d) He was promoted.
12. What did Manstein say Hitler beat out of his men?
13. What kind of Headquarters did Manstein need while inspecting the front lines?
(a) A mobile command center.
(b) A heavily guarded head quarters.
(c) A technological command center.
(d) A well-hidden head quarters.
14. What power was taken away from the O.K.H.?
(a) The power of decision.
(b) The power of marching.
(c) The power of recruiting.
(d) The power of training.
15. What did Manstein begin doing in full force when he was done bathing?
(a) Communing with Hitler.
(b) Training his troops.
(c) Surveying the area.
(d) Making money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made it impossible for Germany to have peace with England at first?
2. What was the one drawback to the success of the attack on the West?
3. What did Manstein have to inspect along the front lines?
4. What element did Manstein say was most important in the attack on the West?
5. How many Panzer corps led the attack on the West?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)