|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the attack on Poland begin?
(a) September 1.
(b) August 21.
(c) September 11.
(d) August 31.
2. What was Manstein's main purpose in bathing?
(a) Getting rest.
(b) Looking native.
(c) Hiding out.
3. What was Manstein's title at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Manstein think the war could be ended?
(a) Killing the Jews.
(b) Invading Britain.
(c) Alligning with America.
(d) Surrendering Paris.
5. Where did Manstein go to bathe?
(a) The English Channel.
(c) Long beach.
6. What bridges was Manstein supposed to guard after France was defeated?
(a) The Dvinsk Bridges.
(b) The Davenport Bridges.
(c) The Dallia Bridges.
(d) The Dvina Bridges.
7. Where did Manstein think Germany needed a Central Drive?
8. Where did Germany want to have a bombing campaign in England?
(a) The mining cities.
(b) The heavily populated cities.
(c) The production centers.
(d) The seaboard.
9. What kind of plan did Manstein say Germany lacked for its war?
(a) Long range.
(c) Back up.
(d) Short range.
10. How did Manstein feel when the pact between Germany and the Soviet Union was signed?
11. Why was Operation Sea Lion never put into effect?
(a) All of these.
(b) It was too risky.
(c) They waited too long.
(d) It was too expensive.
12. What power was taken away from the O.K.H.?
(a) The power of recruiting.
(b) The power of marching.
(c) The power of training.
(d) The power of decision.
13. What month did Hitler get serious about invading England?
14. What kind of exercise backed up Manstein's idea about the attack on the West?
(a) A weather enhance experiment.
(b) A sandbox exercise.
(c) A computer generated exercise.
(d) A training exercise.
15. How did Manstein describe General Brauchitsch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one drawback to the success of the attack on the West?
2. Where was the main push of the German Army during the push on Poland?
3. What did Manstein say the Polish Army was caught up in?
4. What did Manstein fear most about the surprise attack on the West?
5. Who led the 38 Army Corps?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)