|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of plan did Manstein say Germany lacked for its war?
(b) Long range.
(c) Back up.
(d) Short range.
2. What was Manstein Chief of Staff of?
(a) The 18 Division.
(b) The Western Front.
(c) The Central Maneuvering Division.
(d) The Southern Army Group.
3. What made Belgium hard to attack?
(a) It was heavily guarded.
(b) It was mountainous terrain.
(c) It was heavily wooded.
(d) It had many rivers.
4. What did the O.K.H. want the main western attack to go through?
(b) The English Channel.
(c) The Netherlands.
5. What caused Manstein to be moved to the 18 Division?
(a) A scandal.
(b) A death in the ranks.
(c) A test.
(d) A promotion.
6. What was Manstein's main purpose in bathing?
(a) Getting rest.
(b) Looking native.
(c) Hiding out.
7. What battle did Reichenau lead?
(a) The battle of Bentley.
(b) The battle of Bzura.
(c) The battle of Bindlinton.
(d) The battle of Botria.
8. What power was taken away from the O.K.H.?
(a) The power of decision.
(b) The power of recruiting.
(c) The power of marching.
(d) The power of training.
9. Why did Hitler choose to not invade England after October?
(a) The weather was too harsh.
(b) He hoped to get a peace arrangement.
(c) He lost interest.
(d) Things in France got hard to handle.
10. Who was the head of the O.K.H. during the attack on the West?
11. Who gave Poland German properties?
(b) The US.
(c) The Allies.
12. What did Manstein say the Polish Army was caught up in?
(a) The war mentality.
(b) The old ways.
(c) The avoidance mindset.
(d) The peace treaty.
13. Where did Germany want to have a bombing campaign in England?
(a) The heavily populated cities.
(b) The seaboard.
(c) The production centers.
(d) The mining cities.
14. How did Manstein describe his Commission Orders?
15. How did Manstein feel when the pact between Germany and the Soviet Union was signed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pact did Germany sign with the Soviet Union?
2. What did Manstein begin doing in full force when he was done bathing?
3. What was Ilmen?
4. Who was called on to deal with the British?
5. What is the Vistula?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)