|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made it impossible for Germany to have peace with England at first?
(a) Churchill was the Prime Minister.
(b) They were angry about WWI.
(c) All of these.
(d) They had allies.
2. What was Nagel's occupation?
3. What did Manstein say Hitler beat out of his men?
4. Who was the prime mover for the surprise attack in the West?
5. Who did Manstein go bathing with?
(a) His company.
(c) A lover.
(d) His family.
6. What kind of corps was Manstein given control of after his defeat of France?
(a) Panzer corps.
(b) Luftwaffe training corps.
(c) Infantry corps.
(d) Gun corps.
7. What caused a huge delay in the German attack on the West?
(a) The Army was ordered to rest up.
(b) Demands were not followed directly.
(c) Supplies were slow in arriving.
(d) Panzers were injured beyond repair.
8. What is the Vistula?
(a) A canyon.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A sea port.
(d) A river.
9. What slowed the advance in Dvinsk?
(a) The night watches.
(b) The marshy ground.
(c) The large number of troops.
(d) The bad weather.
10. What region did Hitler want to drive the British out of before invading England?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The West Indies.
11. How did Manstein feel when the pact between Germany and the Soviet Union was signed?
12. What did Manstein say Poland was very vulnerable to?
13. Who led the 38 Army Corps?
14. Who did Manstein fault for the lack of a Central Drive?
15. Who gave Poland German properties?
(b) The Allies.
(c) The US.
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle did Reichenau lead?
2. What did Manstein say was the only option of Poland when the occupation began?
3. What was Ilmen?
4. What was Manstein's title at the beginning of the book?
5. Why did Hitler choose to not invade England after October?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)