|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15- The Defensive Battles of 1943-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Manstein say turned the Soviet people against Germany?
(a) The bad talk about Hitler.
(b) The cruelty to Jews.
(c) The oppressive rule.
(d) The lack of food and support.
2. What caused a moment of indecision for Manstein?
(a) Choosing between offense and defense.
(b) Choosing how to describe Hitler to allies.
(c) Choosing whether or not to follow orders.
(d) Choosing which officers to leave behind.
3. How did Manstein feel while bathing?
4. What kind of formations kept the German Army strong?
(a) Tank formations.
(b) Flight formations.
(c) Infantry formations.
(d) March formations.
5. What was the occupation in Austria called?
(a) The war of the roses.
(b) The battle of the bulge.
(c) The floral war.
(d) The visitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What basin did the 6th Army have a prepared position in?
2. What was the name of Manstein's son?
3. What kind of invasion did Manstein think would work well in Britain?
4. Why was Hitler angry with General Beck?
5. What made it impossible for Germany to have peace with England at first?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)