|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15- The Defensive Battles of 1943-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What region did Hitler want to drive the British out of before invading England?
(a) The West Indies.
(c) The Mediterranean.
2. How did Manstein feel when the pact between Germany and the Soviet Union was signed?
3. What backed up the German tanks?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) The 10th division.
(c) The militia.
(d) The Soviet Union.
4. What did Manstein have to inspect along the front lines?
(a) The inventory.
(b) The training methods.
(c) The troops.
(d) The weapons.
5. How far did the Caucasus region stretch out from Rostov?
(a) 300 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 400 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of junction was at Fastov?
2. What did Manstein begin doing in full force when he was done bathing?
3. What battle did Reichenau lead?
4. Where was Groddock killed?
5. What bridges was Manstein supposed to guard after France was defeated?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)