|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12; The Tragedy of Stalingrad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the French Army refuse to do in the war against Germany?
(a) Defend themselves.
(b) Attack them.
(c) Leave their borders.
(d) Deploy troops.
2. What was the operation called to take back Sevastopol?
(a) Operation Busted.
(b) Operation Bastard.
(c) Operation Buzzard.
(d) Operation Bustard.
3. What kind of Headquarters did Manstein need while inspecting the front lines?
(a) A well-hidden head quarters.
(b) A heavily guarded head quarters.
(c) A technological command center.
(d) A mobile command center.
4. What made attacking Crimea very challenging?
(a) The ground was very marshy.
(b) The weather was harsh and unnpredictable.
(c) It was a narrow front.
(d) The terrain was mountainous.
5. What kind of targets did Hitler focus on with the Don Group?
(a) Political targets.
(b) Civillian targets.
(c) Costly targets.
(d) Military targets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Manstein Chief of Staff of?
2. Where did Manstein think Germany needed a Central Drive?
3. What prevented a further attack on Sevastapol?
4. Where did Paulus demand to stay?
5. What plan did Runstedt back for the attack on the West?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)