|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8; War in the East: Panzer Drive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slowed the advance in Dvinsk?
(a) The large number of troops.
(b) The bad weather.
(c) The night watches.
(d) The marshy ground.
2. Why was Hitler angry with General Beck?
(a) He opposed the plan to overtake Austria.
(b) He was late in reporting figures.
(c) He was caught speaking ill of the Army.
(d) He was weak in his training maneuvers.
3. What was Operation Sea Lion targeting?
4. How did Manstein describe General Brauchitsch?
5. Who was Hitler's biggest enemy in England?
(a) John Franklin.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Prince Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Manstein describe Hitler?
2. What kind of invasion did Manstein think would work well in Britain?
3. What was Manstein's title at the beginning of the book?
4. What made Belgium hard to attack?
5. What did Manstein have to inspect along the front lines?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)