|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8; War in the East: Panzer Drive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Manstein feel when the pact between Germany and the Soviet Union was signed?
2. Why was Hitler angry with General Fritsch?
(a) He was caught speaking ill of the Army.
(b) He opposed the plan to overtake Austria.
(c) He was late in reporting figures.
(d) He was weak in his training maneuvers.
3. Where was the main push of the German Army during the push on Poland?
(a) The Western Front.
(b) The Eastern Front.
(c) The Northern Front.
(d) The Central Front.
4. What did Manstein say turned the Soviet people against Germany?
(a) The oppressive rule.
(b) The lack of food and support.
(c) The cruelty to Jews.
(d) The bad talk about Hitler.
5. What did Manstein call the debate in Poland before it was occupied?
(a) The Acknowledgement.
(b) The Plan.
(c) The Crisis.
(d) The Pivot Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Manstein's title at the beginning of the book?
2. How many prisoners were captured in Radom?
3. How many Panzer corps led the attack on the West?
4. What was Manstein Chief of Staff of?
5. What caused a moment of indecision for Manstein?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)