|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6; The Operation Plan Controversy; Commanding General 38 Army Corps.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the main push of the German Army during the push on Poland?
(a) The Northern Front.
(b) The Eastern Front.
(c) The Central Front.
(d) The Western Front.
2. What plan did Runstedt back for the attack on the West?
(a) The Surprise Attack Plan.
(b) The O.K.H. Plan.
(c) The Manstein Plan.
(d) The Reichenau Plan.
3. What was the one drawback to the success of the attack on the West?
(a) Hitler was denounced as the true leader.
(b) Some Brittish troops were evacuated.
(c) Many Panzers were broken beyond repair.
(d) A stronghold in Austria was lost.
4. How many prisoners were captured in Radom?
5. What caused a huge delay in the German attack on the West?
(a) The Army was ordered to rest up.
(b) Supplies were slow in arriving.
(c) Panzers were injured beyond repair.
(d) Demands were not followed directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Manstein say Poland was very vulnerable to?
2. What element did Manstein say was most important in the attack on the West?
3. What was the occupation in Austria called?
4. Who helped Poland seize German lands in WWI?
5. What did Manstein say the Polish Army was caught up in?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)