|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6; The Operation Plan Controversy; Commanding General 38 Army Corps.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the O.K.H. want the main western attack to go through?
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) The English Channel.
2. What did Manstein fear most about the surprise attack on the West?
(a) That Hitler would take full command.
(b) That a hole in the defenses would occur.
(c) That the numbers of the armies would not be enough.
(d) That the Allies would only be pushed back.
3. What kind of pact did Germany sign with the Soviet Union?
(a) A peace treaty.
(b) A non-aggression pact.
(c) A need-to-know agreement.
(d) All of these.
4. What element did Manstein say was most important in the attack on the West?
(a) The element of surprise.
(b) The element of simplicity.
(c) The element of sound attack.
(d) The element of secrecy.
5. What flank needed to move to make the surprise attack in the West?
(a) The Central Flank.
(b) The Right Flank.
(c) The Left Flank.
(d) The Southern Flank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of formations kept the German Army strong?
2. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
3. What kind of exercise backed up Manstein's idea about the attack on the West?
4. What plan did Runstedt back for the attack on the West?
5. Where was the main push of the German Army during the push on Poland?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)