|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11; Leningrad-Vitebsk; Hitler as Supreme Commander.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wanted the Polish Army stopped before they could withdraw?
(a) All of these.
2. Where was Group Don sent?
(a) The Central Force.
(b) The North.
(c) The East.
(d) The South.
3. Where did Hitler put unneeded men when Manstein said he needed ground troops?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The training grounds.
(c) The Luftwaffe.
(d) The German borders.
4. What kind of invasion did Manstein think would work well in Britain?
(a) Land invasion.
(b) All of these.
(c) Air invasion.
(d) Water invasion.
5. What dictum did Hitler violate in Group Don?
(a) Proper training brings successful battles.
(b) Casualties hurt moralle.
(c) An attacker can never be too strong.
(d) The element of surprise is essential.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hitler angry with General Fritsch?
2. Who did Manstein fault for the lack of a Central Drive?
3. What backed up the German tanks?
4. What kind of Headquarters did Manstein need while inspecting the front lines?
5. Why did Hitler choose to not invade England after October?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)