|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Is Someone Dying?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is the boy given when his hands are bleeding and oozing?
(a) Gravel carrier.
(b) He is able to take the day off.
(d) Water carrier.
2. What tip does the mother offer the boy regarding his ten minute speech?
(a) She reminds him to speak loudly.
(b) She reminds him that the speech is long and easy to forget.
(c) She reminds him to use hand motions to make the speech more interesting.
(d) She reminds him not to mumble.
3. What happens when the boy won't apologize?
(a) He is beaten with a bamboo stick.
(b) He is sent home in shame.
(c) His mouth is washed out with soap.
(d) He is told to write an essay on all he did wrong.
4. What do the adults do while the boy is looking through books and magazines?
(a) They have coffee together.
(b) They write political propoganda.
(c) They discuss books.
(d) They whisper about the war.
5. Why is the father weak?
(a) He has been in jail for years for his resistance-movement activities.
(b) He is getting old.
(c) He has recently been ill.
(d) He is fasting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives during the special dinner on the first day of school?
2. Why are the Korean farmers limiting their crops?
3. What are all the children in the Empire given when Japanese troops occupy Singapore, Malaya, and Borneo?
4. What do the students do when the teacher dismissed them?
5. What does the father tell his friends to have?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)