|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Homecoming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother allow him to choose?
(a) What to wear the next day.
(b) What plants to put around the house.
(c) What to eat for dessert.
(d) Going to public school or a private school.
2. What is the train compartment like?
(a) It is half empty and cold with ice on the windows.
(b) It wis overcrowded and stuffy.
(c) It is filthy and loud.
(d) It is comfortable and smells of jasmine tea.
3. Of what is everyone aware?
(a) They are on the cusp of war.
(b) The Koreans are rising in power.
(c) The missionaries are getting too pushy.
(d) There are too many cultures intermixing.
4. How does the mother feel about her new situation?
(a) She is resigned to her fate.
(b) She is hesitant about whether or not it's the right choice.
(c) She is fearful.
(d) She is excited about it.
5. In what grade is the boy when they move back from Manchuria?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy do to the other boy who accuses him?
2. Why does one of the teachers yell at the boy and shake him and hit him?
3. How old is the author in 1933?
4. Who do the mother and father follow?
5. What does the ticket clerk tell the mother she should do?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)