|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Homecoming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the mother feel even better about her situation?
(a) Her God is with her.
(b) They will make a lot of money.
(c) Her family is with her.
(d) They have a good dinner, which makes her feel better.
2. How does the boy feel as he leaves the school on his first day?
(a) He feels very isolated.
(b) He is happy he has friends.
(c) He never wants to go back.
(d) He is very homesick for Manchuria.
3. Why is the father leaving the country?
(a) He wants to learn about different cultures.
(b) He has been run out of his own hometown.
(c) He is going to teach at a Christian school.
(d) He wants to start fresh.
4. How many children will the mother teach?
(a) About 25.
(b) About 50.
(c) About 12.
5. What is the train compartment like?
(a) It wis overcrowded and stuffy.
(b) It is filthy and loud.
(c) It is half empty and cold with ice on the windows.
(d) It is comfortable and smells of jasmine tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the schoolboys invite the boy to do in the afternoon?
2. What do they confront when they are near their destination?
3. What does the ticket clerk tell the mother she should do?
4. How do the other passengers react when the father is being questioned?
5. How are they going to arrive at their destination?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)