|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Is Someone Dying?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the father react when the Inspector tries to bring him to the front of the line?
(a) He says he will fight to stay in his spot.
(b) The father goes with him.
(c) He respectfully refuses.
(d) He ignores the Inspector.
2. Why is the father weak?
(a) He has been in jail for years for his resistance-movement activities.
(b) He is getting old.
(c) He is fasting.
(d) He has recently been ill.
3. In what kind of drill do the upper-class school children participate?
(a) Shooting drills.
(b) Fire drills.
(c) Drills with bamboo spears.
(d) Bombing drills.
4. In what tradition does the teacher ask the boy to participate on his first day in school?
(a) He must tell them about his past.
(b) He must sing a song.
(c) He must share his goals for the future.
(d) He must share his lunch with the others.
5. What does the map in the classroom depict?
(a) The advance of German rule.
(b) Only Japan.
(c) The topography of the area.
(d) The shifting of the continents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the students told about Germany?
2. How are they going to arrive at their destination?
3. What does the teacher do when he sees the boy's sack?
4. What does the boy do to the other boy who accuses him?
5. What is a big treat for the poor in the community?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)