|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ambrose decide to do when he hears people in the corridor when he is lost?
(a) Ignore them
(b) Travel towards their voices
(c) Yell for help
(d) Bang on the wall
2. Why does Ambrose think the funhouse cannot be too scary or dangerous?
(a) It is called a funhouse
(b) He has seen children go inside
(c) That is only his hope, not an actual belief
(d) The owner would go out of business
3. Where are the electrical towers of the power plant located?
4. What does the narrator say triangulation is?
(a) It is when two boys like the same girl
(b) Determining a position using two or more compass bearings
(c) It is a form of homicide
(d) Trying to use at least three different descriptions for a character
5. Why does Ambrose keep his hand on the seat behind Magda?
(a) It is the most comfortable position for him
(b) He has a water balloon in his hand
(c) He is going to push her out of the seat when she sits back
(d) He is determined that Magda is going to sit on his hand
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Ambrose’s mother give each teenager to spend?
2. What kind of tree leaves does Ambrose remember from his younger days?
3. Why can’t they locate Ambrose in the funhouse?
4. From what point of view does Ambrose narrate the story of his life to himself?
5. What does Ambrose decide the daughter of the funhouse operator, who hears his stories, will think of Ambrose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Magda react to Ambrose taking her arm, and what does he want to tell her?
2. What does Ambrose decide is the whole point of being in Ocean City, and how does he see Ocean City when he figures this out?
3. What does the narrator say is the reason a writer should stick with using the Freitag’s Triangle?
4. How does Ambrose feel after what he sees at the boardwalk, and what does he want to do? What comment does Magda make about Ambrose’s condition?
5. What happens as the teenagers are entering the Funhouse?
6. What does Peter do after giving up on his and his Uncle Karl’s play at the pool?
7. What does Ambrose do because he is so nervous about going in the Funhouse with Magda and what does the ticket woman say to Magda?
8. What does Peter do when everyone falls to the floor, and how does Magda react to Peter’s behavior?
9. What was often done in 19th Century fiction to make a work appear real?
10. What does Ambrose think he sees when he steps into the mirror room in the Funhouse?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)