|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ambrose decide he will do for others because of being lost in the funhouse?
(a) He will introduce a law banning funhouses
(b) He will go in every funhouse he sees and mark the halls
(c) He will stand outside the funhouse and tells others how easy it is to get lost
(d) He will construct funhouses for a living and they will be perfect
2. What does Peter say is the reason Uncle Karl wants to go to the beach?
(a) He likes to surf fish
(b) He likes to watch the women
(c) He likes to get a good tan
(d) He likes to body surf
3. Over what does Ambrose’s mother chide his father?
(a) Wasting half a cigarette
(b) Not using his turn signal
(c) Driving too fast
(d) For missing the turn off
4. What is hanging above the old man’s head in the funhouse?
(a) A chain and pulley
(b) A tapestry
(c) A war poster
(d) A panel of toggle switches
5. What does Ambrose’s father do for a living?
(b) School principal
(c) Insurance agent
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose think sounds like bees droning?
2. What does Ambrose imagine a woman saying to him when he is grown about his words?
3. Why have Ambrose and his family come to Ocean City?
4. What is on the floor in the hall after the tumble-barrel room?
5. What does Ambrose realize when he is the first person through the tumble-barrel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ambrose decide is the whole point of being in Ocean City, and how does he see Ocean City when he figures this out?
2. What does Ambrose’s mother give the three teenagers when they reach the boardwalk, and what does she say to them and why?
3. What church does Ambrose’s family belong to, and why is Ambrose different from most other children in the church? Why did it happen?
4. What is Ambrose’s father doing while Ambrose is in the Funhouse?
5. Why does the family stay out of the ocean, and what do they do instead of swimming in the ocean?
6. What does Ambrose imagine his father saying to him about getting through the Funhouse?
7. What does the Gypsy Fortune Teller machine look like?
8. What are Peter and Magda doing while Ambrose is in the Funhouse?
9. What does the narrator say is the best thing to do when one is lost, and what is the drawback to that action?
10. Who is in the car with Ambrose driving to Ocean City?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)