|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sudden thought scares Ambrose when he calls out to a person he hears walking in the funhouse after Ambrose is lost?
(a) That it is Magda and she will think he is a coward
(b) That it is Peter who will leave him there
(c) That it is a monster
(d) That he is just imagining the sound of a person
2. What scares Ambrose about playing the game Niggers and Masters with Magda without Peter?
(a) Peter always helps Ambrose cheat
(b) He does not understand all the rules
(c) He is afraid to punish Magda alone
(d) Magda does not like to play with only Ambrose
3. What does Ambrose finally figure out about his father’s reaction when Ambrose says he is going through the funhouse with Magda?
(a) His father is thinking about taking his mother also
(b) His father does not want Ambrose going without Peter
(c) His father thought it was humorous
(d) His father wonders if Ambrose knows what goes on in a funhouse
4. Why can’t they locate Ambrose in the funhouse?
(a) They don’t know where to look
(b) They are not looking for Ambrose
(c) He is hiding
(d) He is not in the funhouse
5. Why does Ambrose think the funhouse cannot be too scary or dangerous?
(a) The owner would go out of business
(b) It is called a funhouse
(c) That is only his hope, not an actual belief
(d) He has seen children go inside
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose wonder after he dozes off when he tries to find the old man?
2. What is on the floor in the hall after the tumble-barrel room?
3. What does Ambrose’s father say about the way his family takes vacations?
4. How does Ambrose describe Peter as a person?
5. What does the narrator say is a symptom of nervous tension?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Gypsy Fortune Teller machine look like?
2. How does Ambrose know Magda and Peter have exited the Funhouse?
3. What is a traditional game the family plays when approaching the midway point, and what is the prize for the winner?
4. How does Ambrose feel after what he sees at the boardwalk, and what does he want to do? What comment does Magda make about Ambrose’s condition?
5. What does Ambrose think about when he is in the mirror room of the Funhouse, and what does Ambrose hear?
6. What is Ambrose’s father doing while Ambrose is in the Funhouse?
7. What does Magda win during 'Looking for the Towers', and what does she do with her prize?
8. What does the narrator say is the function of the beginning of a story?
9. How are the teenagers able to get into the Funhouse?
10. What is the truth about Magda’s question that Ambrose does not tell her?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)