|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ambrose notice about the people going into the funhouse?
(a) They are all couples
(b) They are all young children
(c) They all hold hands
(d) They are all adults
2. What does Ambrose know he will teach his son?
(a) How to walk next to a girl
(b) How to pick up girls
(c) How to ignore the adolescent hormones
(d) How to fish and softcrab
3. Why does Ambrose think the funhouse cannot be too scary or dangerous?
(a) That is only his hope, not an actual belief
(b) It is called a funhouse
(c) The owner would go out of business
(d) He has seen children go inside
4. On what street does Magda live?
(a) M Street
(b) L Street
(c) B Street
(d) P Street
5. How old is Peter?
(a) It is never said how old Peter is
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose wonder after he dozes off when he tries to find the old man?
2. Over what does Ambrose’s mother chide his father?
3. What did Ambrose do at his Boy Scout initiation ceremony?
4. What do the children decide to do instead of enter the funhouse?
5. What does the narrator say Ambrose and Peter’s father never does?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ambrose do hesitantly to try and find some help while lost in the funhouse?
2. What does Ambrose do after Magda and Peter leave the Funhouse?
3. What does Ambrose think about when he is in the mirror room of the Funhouse, and what does Ambrose hear?
4. What does an elderly man say to Ambrose about how to enter the Funhouse?
5. What does Ambrose imagine his father saying to him about getting through the Funhouse?
6. Why doesn’t Ambrose ask the person he sees how to get out of the Funhouse, and what happens when Ambrose realizes he is lost?
7. Why does the family stay out of the ocean, and what do they do instead of swimming in the ocean?
8. Who does Ambrose think will overhear him telling stories while lost in the Funhouse?
9. What has Ambrose realized about winning the traditional game, and at what age does he understand this tactic?
10. What does the Gypsy Fortune Teller machine look like?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)