|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Karl told is the reason there will be no fireworks that night?
(a) The town does not have the money
(b) Because of enemy submarines
(c) There is going to be a strong thunderstorm that evening
(d) There is a shortage of materials
2. Where does Uncle Karl tell the children not to go?
(a) Under the boardwalk
(b) To any of the bars that serve liquor
(c) In the ocean
(d) To any casino
3. What does the narrator say are the two reasons for not writing a story about being lost in a funhouse?
(a) No one actually goes into funhouses anymore
(b) Anyone intelligent enough to buy a ticket would not be stupid enough to get lost
(c) Everyone has felt what Ambrose feels or no normal person feels such things
(d) It would be a boring story with little action or plot
4. What happens when Uncle Karl taps his cigar out the ventilator window?
(a) Some of the ashes come back in the car through the back window
(b) He drops a live ash on Ambrose’s mother’s leg
(c) The whole head of the cigar falls off onto the car’s floor
(d) He accidentally drops the cigar out the window
5. What nickname does Magda use for Ambrose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ambrose try to do when he was baptized?
2. What is wrong with the windows of the fortune telling machine?
3. What does the narrator say should be the middle of a story about being lost in a fun house?
4. What does Ambrose think about him being a brother to Peter?
5. What does Ambrose finally figure out about his father’s reaction when Ambrose says he is going through the funhouse with Magda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the prizes different on the broken machines at the arcade?
2. What does Uncle Karl say will change the holiday for the family this year and why has this occured?
3. Why does Ambrose think people don’t know what to make of him?
4. What is a traditional game the family plays when approaching the midway point, and what is the prize for the winner?
5. How are the teenagers able to get into the Funhouse?
6. What does the Gypsy Fortune Teller machine look like?
7. What is the truth about Magda’s question that Ambrose does not tell her?
8. What advertises the funhouse that the family stares at, and what does Peter suggests when they are looking at it? What does Ambrose suggest?
9. What gives Ambrose hope that he will find the exit to the Funhouse?
10. What kind of machines in the arcade are broken, and why are they sitting there broken?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)