|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in roller coaster car in the early 1900’s?
(a) It came off the track as the riders were boarding it.
(b) It ran off the track and sailed over the boardwalk
(c) It was struck by lightning
(d) It had a rattlesnake in it
2. What literary device does the narrator say diving into the swimming pool could be?
(a) A symbol
(b) A metaphor
(c) A narrative contrivance
3. Who does the narrator say Peter resembles?
(a) His maternal grandfather
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His Uncle Karl
4. What does Uncle Karl keep in the empty cigar box?
(a) Pictures of famous actresses
(b) Looses screws and bolts
(c) Poker chips
5. What happens to Ambrose’s voice if he becomes excited when talking?
(a) It deepens
(b) It becomes whispery
(d) It becomes high-pitched
6. In what year is it rumored that the roller coaster was condemned?
7. What does Peter say is the reason Uncle Karl wants to go to the beach?
(a) He likes to watch the women
(b) He likes to get a good tan
(c) He likes to surf fish
(d) He likes to body surf
8. How does Ambrose feel about Uncle Karl?
(a) He despises Uncle Karl
(b) He really likes him
(c) He does not know how he feels about Uncle Karl
(d) He has no feelings towards Uncle Karl
9. What church does Ambrose try to join when he finds out he is not baptized?
(a) All Saints Episcopal
(b) John Knox Presbyterian
(c) Collins Baptist Church
(d) Grace Methodist
10. What does the narrator call the diagram that represents conventional dramatic narrative?
(a) A Freitag’s Triangle
(b) An exposition square
(c) A plot flowchart
(d) A conflict analysis
11. What sets beside the lady on the cigar box?
(a) A flute
(b) A stack of books
(c) A five-stringed lyre
(d) A small bassinette
12. What does the narrator say is irrelevant in a story about a fun house?
(a) How much it costs to enter the fun house
(b) Details about a drive to the fun house
(c) How long it takes standing in line at the fun house
(d) Where the fun house is located
13. How much money does Ambrose’s mother give each teenager to spend?
(a) Two dollars
(b) Fifty cents
(c) One dollar
(d) One and a half dollars
14. Where in the funhouse can the boys see up the girls’ dresses if they try?
(a) Near the end when they hit a super slide
(b) In the room of mirrors
(c) In the walk over the bridge of the dead
(d) In the tumbling-barrel
15. What is the most difficult part of riding the carousel only once?
(a) Coming up with the ticket price
(b) Not getting a horse near Magda
(c) Not falling off
(d) Choosing a mount
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can’t they locate Ambrose in the funhouse?
2. What kind of tattoo does Uncle Karl have?
3. What does Ambrose’s father find out from the Coast Guardsman?
4. What does the narrator say should be the middle of a story about being lost in a fun house?
5. What does the narrator say triangulation is?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)