|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter get into the swimming pool?
(a) He cannonballs into the pool
(b) He goes down the ladder
(c) He makes a swan dive
(d) He lies down at the side and rolls into the water
2. What does the narrator say about Magda’s physical figure?
(a) It is still pre-adolescent
(b) It is a trifle heavy
(c) It is well developed for her age
(d) It is too skinny
3. What does Uncle Karl keep in the empty cigar box?
(b) Pictures of famous actresses
(c) Poker chips
(d) Looses screws and bolts
4. What does Ambrose know he will teach his son?
(a) How to fish and softcrab
(b) How to pick up girls
(c) How to walk next to a girl
(d) How to ignore the adolescent hormones
5. To what does the narrator compare winding parts of the funhouse?
(a) A mouse maze
(b) A labyrinth
(c) A whelk shell
(d) A slinky toy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old timer at the door tell Ambrose about the tumble-barrel room?
2. What does Ambrose imagine reminding his wife of when he is old and gray?
3. Of what kind of material are Ambrose’s pants made?
4. Why can’t they locate Ambrose in the funhouse?
5. What does Ambrose finally figure out about his father’s reaction when Ambrose says he is going through the funhouse with Magda?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)