|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ambrose’s father come up with for Magda and Ambrose’s mother?
(a) Straw hats
(c) Carmel popcorn
2. What does the narrator say is an image an author might use when writing a story about Ocean City during World War II?
(a) Patrols on the beach
(b) Sailors pulling their girls under the boardwalk
(c) Sailors on leave playing in the arcades
(d) The oil on the ocean
3. What does Ambrose imagine reminding his wife of when he is old and gray?
(a) How he has been a success
(b) His youthful passions
(c) How his wife is the real force behind his work
(d) How he could not have won a Nobel prize without her
4. What does Ambrose’s mother tell the children about the money they are given?
(a) Put the money away in their deepest pocket
(b) It is a holiday so spend it having a good time
(c) Do not spend the money quickly or in one place
(d) Use the money for rides because the father will buy dinner
5. What does the narrator say is a symptom of nervous tension?
(a) Violent, repeating yawning
(b) Staring off into the distance
(c) Shuffling one’s feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose’s father find out from the Coast Guardsman?
2. What happens to Ambrose’s voice if he becomes excited when talking?
3. What does the narrator say is the emotional age of an adolescent boy compared to a girl?
4. Over what does Ambrose’s mother chide his father?
5. What is wrong with the windows of the fortune telling machine?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)