|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character who is advertising the funhouse?
(a) Fat May
(b) Crazy Lucy
(c) Aunt Polly
(d) Princess Laurel
2. What does the narrator say is the primary function of the middle of a story?
(a) He is uncertain what the function should be
(b) He does not think there is a function to the middle of a story, only the beginning and end.
(c) The middle of a story contains the climax so the end can finish with the resolution
(d) To delay the climax
3. What does Ambrose’s mother say when Magda wins the Towers game?
(a) Magda has better eyes than her sons
(b) She does not get a prize because she is not a member of the family
(c) Females will always win over the males
(d) Magda won because someone has a girlfriend
4. How many times a year does Ambrose’s family come to Ocean City?
(a) This is their first time at Ocean City
(b) Once a year
(c) Twice a year
(d) Three times a year
5. In what situation does the narrator say it is not a good idea for an author to use the first person?
(a) When it is obvious the events could not be real
(b) When the story is written for children
(c) When it is essential for the narrator to know what every character is thinking
(d) When the narrator identifies too strongly with the narrator
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose wonder after he dozes off when he tries to find the old man?
2. What did Ambrose do at his Boy Scout initiation ceremony?
3. What does the narrator say could be one way for girls to become well-developed?
4. At what age are people when the narrator says some people hit their stride?
5. What example does Ambrose use to show he has more imagination than Peter?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)