|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Independence Day is in America?
(a) Just an excuse for a day off work
(b) The most important secular holiday in America
(c) A time to eat hot dogs
(d) A minor religious holiday
2. What does Ambrose think a perfect funhouse would contain?
(a) Exits in every room
(b) Only one way to go through it
(c) A lighted trail through it like in the movie theater
(d) That the lights would come one every half hour when a bell rings
3. What does Ambrose imagine about his work when he is an adult?
(a) It will be work that will impress Magda
(b) It will be something only super intelligent people can do
(c) It will help to save the world
(d) He will be very famous in his line of work
4. What does the narrator say triangulation is?
(a) Trying to use at least three different descriptions for a character
(b) It is a form of homicide
(c) It is when two boys like the same girl
(d) Determining a position using two or more compass bearings
5. What does the narrator say funhouses need at intervals?
(a) Exit signs
(b) Male and female restrooms
(c) Staff members to help lost people
(d) Bells to ring if one is sick
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose think would be the reason the daughter would not rescue him?
2. What does Ambrose do after he pushes his glasses up on his nose while the family is driving?
3. What does the narrator say Ambrose and Peter’s father never does?
4. What does Ambrose notice is missing that causes Ambrose to falter when he is lost in a dark area of the funhouse?
5. What do most people do when they hear the funhouse character through the loud speakers?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)