|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ocean City browned out?
(a) Because of U-boats
(b) In case of air raids
(c) To save electricity
(d) So the place will appear mysterious at night
2. What does the narrator say is an image an author might use when writing a story about Ocean City during World War II?
(a) Sailors on leave playing in the arcades
(b) The oil on the ocean
(c) Sailors pulling their girls under the boardwalk
(d) Patrols on the beach
3. What does the narrator say to count a generation in years?
(a) Twenty-five years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Thirty-five years
4. For what does Ambrose think there should be a button?
(a) For calling the funhouse attendant
(b) For ending one’s life quickly and painlessly
(c) For turning on all the lights in the funhouse at one time
(d) A button that would let his father know where Ambrose is located
5. What is the most difficult part of riding the carousel only once?
(a) Not falling off
(b) Choosing a mount
(c) Not getting a horse near Magda
(d) Coming up with the ticket price
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose’s father do for a living?
2. What does the narrator say Independence Day is in America?
3. What does Ambrose think about being himself?
4. How does Ambrose end up with a sore toe in the funhouse?
5. What does Ambrose wish for at the end of the story?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)