|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family always stop for lunch on the way to Ocean City?
(a) At the Two Shoe Diner
(b) At a picnic ground two miles from the ocean
(c) At Ambrose’s aunt’s house
(d) At MacDonald’s
2. What do the children decide to do instead of enter the funhouse?
(a) Ride the merry-go-round
(b) Go swimming again
(c) Go to the movies
(d) Eat some junk food
3. What does Ambrose wish for at the end of the story?
(a) That Magda was with him
(b) That he was already an adult
(c) That the funhouse had never been built
(d) That he had never entered the funhouse and that he was dead
4. What does Ambrose see under the boardwalk?
(a) Dozens of sand crabs
(b) People in a life raft
(d) A man and a woman having sex
5. From what point of view does Ambrose narrate the story of his life to himself?
(a) Second person limited
(b) He does not narrate the story of his life
(c) Third person
(d) First person point of view
Short Answer Questions
1. What was inked into the wood on the cigar box where the label is peeled away?
2. What does Ambrose think is the means by which each room in the funhouse is turned on?
3. What does the narrator say a man could do with a mannequin?
4. Where does Ambrose spy a half dollar?
5. In his imagination, what does Ambrose have in his mouth when he smiles at his wife?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)